Siegfroh
Major

Official 1.04 Patch - Severe, very severe Bug

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Playing as Prussia, an unaltered installation. But to check it I also started a game as Austria: the same problem prevails.

Elements of garrison and fortress units, including Coastal Artillery (maybe all units which are immobile/fixed ?)
are not included in the Replacement Pool, and thus cannot receive replacements.

Here what you can see from the start, no icons for fortress and garrison elements, no chance to replenish them:

[ATTACH]39992[/ATTACH]

And here the result after having played one and a half year. All these units are doomed, after 10 years without reinforcements, they will be no more:

[ATTACH]39994[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]39995[/ATTACH][ATTACH]39993[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Zwischenablage02.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage03.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg

PhilThib

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:35 pm

We shall investigate this issue asap. Thanks for spotting

Siegfroh
Major

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:09 am

I had another look on it.

Garrison infantry is reinforced by the ordinary line infantry replacements. ($famLine)
Garrison artillery is reinforced (in the earlier years) by the field artillery replacements. ($famMedArty)
Coastal artillery is reinforced by the heavy artillery replacements. ($famHvyArty)

Starting a new game and running through it for a dozen turns, always buying and keeping a stock of replacements for the three classes listed above, I can confirm that [color="#FFFF00"]the replacements for garrison infantry, garrison artillery and coastal artillery do not work.[/color] These elements lose strength even though there are always replacements available.

The infantry, medium and heavy artillery elements which were part of the field army, did not seem to have this problem. But I did not check all of them. It will be easier to find it out by having a look on the code, or some settings hidden somewhere.

Whether this is a problem with all nations or only with Prussia, I don't know.

Pocus

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 am

asap meant one week for this issue. Sorry that it can't be faster. The problem of being a one-developer/ one-designer team with several old games still patched (PON), somehow recent games also patched (WON) and the slight contingency of developing a new game on a new engine.

The issue is that static units won't draw replacements until you have accumulated at least 6 replacements of their category in the pool. This is to give priority to in the field units, like siege/heavy artillery, all infantries, etc. We can certainly remove the restriction for PON though.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Siegfroh
Major

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Pocus wrote:The issue is that static units won't draw replacements until you have accumulated at least 6 replacements of their category in the pool. This is to give priority to in the field units, like siege/heavy artillery, all infantries, etc. We can certainly remove the restriction for PON though.

As a human, knowing it now, I can buy the required number of replacements. But does the AI "know" it has to accumulate 6 replacements for each category ?

So probably best to remove this restriction, or reduce it to 2 replacements, provided the AI can deal with this.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Pocus wrote:asap meant one week for this issue. Sorry that it can't be faster. The problem of being a one-developer/ one-designer team with several old games still patched (PON), somehow recent games also patched (WON) and the slight contingency of developing a new game on a new engine.

The issue is that static units won't draw replacements until you have accumulated at least 6 replacements of their category in the pool. This is to give priority to in the field units, like siege/heavy artillery, all infantries, etc. We can certainly remove the restriction for PON though.

Please do remove the restriction. The AI will not be able to deal with it. I think I understand your time situation. Nevertheless, I do implore you to fix the problems introduced by the new patch as soon as your situation allows.

Return to “Pride of Nations”