aircobra
Civilian

No German Danish war, no unification?

Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Hey everyone, I have a question.
In my game after the 'Denmark annexes Schleswig Holstein' event, there was no declaration of war from Prussia. It is now late 1966 and there is no Prussian Austrian war, because there never was the first war of unification. And I doubt there will be the Franco-Prussian war with these missing events.

Are they ways with the console to manually trigger the Schleswig war, the German war or the Franco Prussian war or at least the Unification event?
I'd like to have a quite historical game and that won't work without the unification.
Thank you!

PhilThib

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

Most likely because the Austrian AI refused to join the war and also you missed the CB given when Denmark moved in the duchies...

Using the console, type: ForceEvent evt_nam_PRU_DuchiesCaptured1863

This will give you the duchies as if you had won the war

Then type: ForceEvent evt_nam_PRU_DuchiesReformCrisis1866

This will create the CB required to declare war to Austria in the 7 weeks war

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:41 am

also the event chain has altered a bit - gaining Schleswig-Holstein used to be an essential trigger for the Franco-Prussian chain but this is no longer the case. So even having missed the first event you'll be ok. The Austrian war is not essential and there are random elements to the events. But from 1868 you should start to get the Franco-Prussian events - it may be that the French AI backs down without a war but you will still be able to unify as a result of your moral victory
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Pride of Nations”