Erostratus
Corporal

Prospect unit versus Prospecting card

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:55 pm

I have looked an awful lot to find this answer, but I'm looking to clarify these two. From what I gather you use the prospector card to get (cp) and explore for resources. Do you use the prospector unit with this card or is the unit just looking for resources constantly on its own?

Thank you.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Wouldn't mind a clarification/interpretation of this as well.

Thanks for bringing it up Erostratus.

Siegfroh
Major

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 am

From

http://oldforum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?563846-Prospecting

There are three ways to find hitherto unknown resources:

1. Finding new resources in national territory. For this, you'll just have to build a prospector unit and there's a chance per turn to find new resources. The prospector unit does not have to be adjacent to the province where you find new resources. In national territory, the "newly" found resources are actually the resources which were already known in earlier versions of the game, at least that's my impression from my Japan game. So if you've already played a previous iteration of the game, you should roughly know what you can expect to find.

2. Finding new resources in colonial territory: This also needs a prospection unit and you play the corresponding colonial card to find new resources. I guess you can also find new resources in colonial territory by the above mentioned way, as long as you have high enough military control or loyalty (not sure, but it should be something like this).

3. Scripted events for certain special resources: This largely affects gold, gems, oil and rubber. Those events will trigger automatically, just wait for them to occur. You don't need a prospection unit or anything else.

Erostratus
Corporal

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Yea I asked before I really looked into it. You can always see the reqs of something in the tool tip. It clearly states when you have the prospector card highlighted and your mouse over the territory, the tool tip tells you that you need the prospector element adjacent or on.

Return to “Pride of Nations”