Prussia
Lieutenant

As Sardinia-Piemonte... no Police units

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Playing as Italy, 167 turns in- having a great time learning and enjoying... have Tunis and Gabes- actively fighting Rebels there... also trying to figure out how not to let the French take it over. Also have taken all 3 regions of Switzerland; and fighting in Mombassa, Tangu and Lama regions.

Became very apparent that I need a lot more Police units, and lo and behold they are no Carabinieri to be found. I've selected every single option on the unit construction menu; scrolled and used arrow keys- no joy. i've only built 8 Carabinieri so far, and the unit file goes up to 30... and I have selected the 50 percent increase in allowable unit builds. I've deleted the cache files- mdl and unit. Nothing.

I'm 167 turns in and don't relish the prospect of having to start all over again... plus I did a test reload of a new S/P 1850, and no Carabinieri are showing there either. No model or unit files have been touched. Did some preliminary checking of vgn files by date, and nothing has a current or recent. I have some file comparison programs that I will use later on today to see where something may have fubared... it almost looks like I have to do a re-install which makes no sense. The only editing I've done is the Franz Ferdinand assisination, and one structure that I gave some Italian names to- copied from the 1880 scenario.

I suppose I could try rolling back several turns consecutively till I reach the turn that I last built a Carabinieri... maybe 1 or 2 months max ago. But then what?

Any thoughts? Has anyone run across this type of problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Issue solved! Ran into the max limit of allowable builds for Carabinieri; with 50 percent increase in allowable units I had hit my 9 units, even though I had originally only counted 8, I did find the last unit. So all is well.

Return to “Pride of Nations”