Matto
Colonel

How to claim territory?

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Playing first time without extended claims ... how to claim enemy territory? Somewhere I read I need grow up loyalty to my nation, is it correct? How do it?
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Durk

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:57 am

I am not very experienced with this game so others may correct me, but . . . using options and placing army units seems to work. I think of it as WIA or AJE where I need a regular unit to increase loyalty. Seems to work.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:02 am

not really, there is no mechanism for increasing loyalty as such. The key idea behind playing without extended claims is that the core map of Europe can't really change. So France can't take say Hannover. You can take some provinces off another European power but they have to be where you already have an ethnic presence or the change would be accepted by the wider international community.

what you can do is to use the 'release nations' option on the peace negotiations, that will dismantle your rival and the new state will be friendly. But be warned at the moment all that is released is the capital and the new state has no army etc. If you do this, I'd suggest script in a full territory transfer and create an army/resources for the new state.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Pride of Nations”