Straight Arrow
General

To work or not to work

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Is the need for rural, industrial employment a very strong factor in contentment?

Should areas with weak labor demand, from mines and farms, also develop industrial employment as a method of increasing happiness?

In the few games I played in the past, I have always tried to insure most areas had some form of industrial production as well as the usual set of farm and mine jobs.

This of has of course has led to some non-essential industries being situated in less than optimal areas. Has the effort been wasted?

Should industrial employment be highly concentrated?

And if the order of the day is concentration, what type of area is preferable for industrial development?
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

Erostratus
Corporal

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:06 am

contentment has more to do with having products in your stockpile that you sell back to your people described as national sales. Not all items are demanded though, but things like tea, gems, gold, textiles, etc are. You could try and do what you are doing, having structures for rural and city populations, but I have gotten away from that and primarily base what I have operating based upon my ability to sell a product or whether the structure has a positive profit margin.

Return to “Pride of Nations”