Chicken Spadge
Private

Prospecting and Results

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm

After a number of failed attempts a prospecting expedition stuck in an African province in which I had 35-percent CP, but after the eight turns were up no new resource appeared in the province. Was the expedition a failure? or are some provinces simply lacking in resources?

James D Burns

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Could be lacking in resources or possibly the resource isn't available yet. Rubber and Oil both appear later in game, there might be others. The 1880 scenario is a good one to load up to check a region to see if it has any resources available. I think most if not all possible resources are already shown on map in that scenario.

Jim

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:01 pm

I would also suggest that eight-turns is just four months in an age where prospecting and survey expeditions frequently took years to bring results and often never did so. PON demands patience from its players.

-C

empusas
Corporal

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:32 am

The odds are : when you prospect you have only a 25% chance of it actually prospecting and not having to do it next turn. Then when you successful complete th prospecting you only have like a 50% chance of success. so basically .25 x .5 = 12.5% chance of finding something when you prospect. I've prospected like 20 times before to get anything, but knowing something was there.

If you go to the mods page, there is a thread there with a link to the database used in the game (which if you want to kinda cheat) you can look at each area and what it is supposed o have. Granted I have seen them have more items, probebly by chance. (when prospecting for gems I knew was there, I got opium I didnt see in the spreadsheet as being there. So I think some of it is randome but some areas are logical IE oil abundan in the middle east ane texas and ohio area in the 1850's, for example I wasnt surprised to find oil in Kuait.

home that makes some sense.

Return to “Pride of Nations”