Chicken Spadge
Private

New Officers

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 am

I can't see how you are supposed to obtain any new senior officers. Do they suddenly appear somewhere or do you have to actually do something to get them?

Please note - I've jumped into the deep end as this is my first AGEOD game, so comments such as ''It's the same as in game X'' won't help me.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Chicken Spadge wrote:I can't see how you are supposed to obtain any new senior officers. Do they suddenly appear somewhere or do you have to actually do something to get them?

Please note - I've jumped into the deep end as this is my first AGEOD game, so comments such as ''It's the same as in game X'' won't help me.

welcome to the most addictive game I've played :)

they retire and are created by scripts. Every now and then you'll have a batch of retirements and new officers appointed. Over time your total increases a bit but its part of the game design that a lot of stacks will lack a named commander. So you almost always will lack for both command points (these are generated according to how senior your commanders are) and actual commanders. Not a huge problem if you are in a small war using part of your army but forces some hard choices if you are in a major European war.

edit: bit of advice, play the battle scenarios before you go too far into the campaign. Reason for saying that is the process of stack formation and movement has some quirks and its best to explore the basics without finding you have undermined 100+ turns of gameplay. Also play the Boer War scenario, its quite good fun but it will teach you a lot about asymetric warfare. This is a major part of PoN as you deal with ungrateful locals and bringing them to battle using regulars is a frustrating business, again good to get a grasp of the basics - things like the detect/evade rules and how badly regulars shed cohesion in poor terrain (and thus become useless)
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Chicken Spadge
Private

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:53 pm

OK, thanks for the help and advice (including through your videos and AAR, which have allowed me to get started at least).

Return to “Pride of Nations”