Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Navel Bombardment

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:48 am

Anybody know much about Naval Bombardment in PON? It seems like every time I bombard a shore the enemy doesn't have any losses? Or maybe I don't know how to check on there losses? Any help anyone? Thank you.

Lemoni
Sergeant

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:16 am

The enemy has losses. You will find them in the messages log. Read carefully...

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:06 am

Very good. Thank you Lemoni.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:59 am

as a test, in my old AAR I sent an obsolete fleet up the Dardenelles, had something like 20 ships wiped out ... so yes naval guns do work
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:35 am

loki100 wrote:as a test, in my old AAR I sent an obsolete fleet up the Dardenelles, had something like 20 ships wiped out ... so yes naval guns do work

That's one heck of a way to test to see if the guns work! Thank you for your response!

empusas
Corporal

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 am

The few times I tried naval bombardment was early on in the GC, bombarding rebels to try and assist my ever weakening force on the land there. Every time I tried my ships took a butt whooping and I saw very little losses to the rebel force (which only had like a couple light artillary).

Due to the high cost of ship replacements and relatively cheap cost of mass hoards of army units, I decided againt the economic viability of using my navy to bombard land forces.

Since those early days in the 1850's I'm sure my naval guns would do a lot better job, but I can't imagine it being enough improvement over the ease with which I can just land some marines to go kick butt and take names, lol.

Emp

Return to “Pride of Nations”