VigaBrand

Development of regions

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:47 am

Hi,
I start a game as Ottom empire (1850) and see, that the transportation level is not very high.
I had some regions with major road and 60% transportlevel and some with road and 30%. How can I develop the road regions to major road regions?
At which time will I be able to built railroad with them?
And I will read all tipps/advises to play with them.
Das Bedürfnis nach Sicherheit steht jedem wagemutigen Unterfangen im Wege.

Lieber tausend Feinde als einen Idioten als Verbündeten!

The Rebell-Yell ein AACW II Einsteiger AAR

Du suchst ein deutsches AGEOD Forum, um dich zu Spielen zu verabreden, deine Strategien auszutauschen oder um andere Mitspieler zu finden?
Dann bist du hier genau richtig!

Deutsches PoN PBEM

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:37 pm

it takes time, for most states at start you have some development cards - 'drain wetlands' and so on, later on you get more powerful ones - they all tend to add a bit of population and some development level at a cost of money and other resources (sorry this is vague but don't have access to the game at the moment).

now which cards you have depends on what techs you have discovered, so it maybe that the Ottomans have a problem at the start that they can't do very much.

A second problem for the Ottomans is that the cards you can play in 'national' regions are different (and better) than you can play in colonial/non-national regions. So what you can do in places like the Levant, Arabia and Iraq may be very limited in any case.

I think as with Russia, its a long slow haul to any degree of modernisation but you don't have Russia's potential resources.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Pride of Nations”