Egg Bub
Major

Should I start a new game before the imminent patch?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Are there any possible negative consequences?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Egg Bub wrote:Are there any possible negative consequences?

It is hard to know. But if I were going to start a new game, I would wait for the patch, unless I was going to play Prussia. The reason being that it looks like the patch will contain new event chains that will result in the AI forming Germany, and possibly Italy, something the game has never had before. I cannot be sure of this, but I think it is very possible.

Of course, it is possible that you can continue your game, especially a new one, with no effect on these event chains since the events may not start to kick in until later in the game.

But I am just making an educated guess, only Pocus will know for sure.

Egg Bub
Major

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:08 pm

vaalen wrote:It is hard to know. But if I were going to start a new game, I would wait for the patch, unless I was going to play Prussia. The reason being that it looks like the patch will contain new event chains that will result in the AI forming Germany, and possibly Italy, something the game has never had before. I cannot be sure of this, but I think it is very possible.

Of course, it is possible that you can continue your game, especially a new one, with no effect on these event chains since the events may not start to kick in until later in the game.

Okay, thanks very much for this.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 pm

vaalen wrote:It is hard to know. But if I were going to start a new game, I would wait for the patch, unless I was going to play Prussia. The reason being that it looks like the patch will contain new event chains that will result in the AI forming Germany, and possibly Italy, something the game has never had before. I cannot be sure of this, but I think it is very possible.

as things stand, Italy should unify if AI from the events done. Also Balkan chain now done, so that should see more late game drama. I'm trying to do 3 others but may miss this patch - German unification, Crimean War and a bit more on the colonial events (mainly to improve double checking in case another power is active).

But I wouldn't worry about starting, so far PoN patches have been incredibly save game friendly and no reason to suspect that will not carry on.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Egg Bub
Major

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:58 pm

I think I will wait a couple of days, since it does seem silly to install an old patch when a new one is coming out soon.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:03 pm

loki100 wrote:as things stand, Italy should unify if AI from the events done. Also Balkan chain now done, so that should see more late game drama. I'm trying to do 3 others but may miss this patch - German unification, Crimean War and a bit more on the colonial events (mainly to improve double checking in case another power is active).

But I wouldn't worry about starting, so far PoN patches have been incredibly save game friendly and no reason to suspect that will not carry on.

Hi Loki. Thank you for your work on this, and for clarifying matters. If it is reasonably possible for you to so, and it fits in with real life, I would be most grateful if German unification could get in there, as the failure of the AI to form Germany is one fo the biggest problems with the single player game, at least for me. Whatever you do is very much appreciated.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:47 am

Germany and Italy both formed, through events, in my current game. They must have some kind of system in place for it already.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:57 am

TXcavalier wrote:Germany and Italy both formed, through events, in my current game. They must have some kind of system in place for it already.

Thank you, That is great news! I have never seen that happen, maybe they put it in one of the recent patches, as I have not reached that point in my game with the new patch.

Kensai

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:11 pm

I say wait. Although the saves will probably be compatible, small issues in balancing might arise.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “Pride of Nations”