xamevou
Conscript

After processing turn, game jumps to menu screen. I resume, but nothing happened

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:27 am

It happened to me 4 or 5 times yesterday. Some turns, after its processement is finished, force the game to jump directly to the menu screen.

From the menu, if I click "resume", after a few seconds the game starts again, but nothing happened (the turn was not actually processed). Then, I can progress a few turns until it happens again.

It is not predictable, I can't precise when it happens. It's a bit problematic. It means that sometimes I need to process the turns twice !

I am using the latest quickfix (the one with the F6 screen broken).
"I would annex the planets if I could"
Cecil Rhodes

xamevou
Conscript

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Yes, I know that bug, but mine is a different one. In my case, the game jumps to the main menú AFTER processing the turn, not when clicking the "Next turn" button. I also checked my .hst file and is not empty.

Cecil Rhodes

Pocus

Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Check the logs for the last messages seen, do you get error report? Turn error logging on also in the Options window.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

xamevou
Conscript

Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Pocus wrote:Check the logs for the last messages seen, do you get error report? Turn error logging on also in the Options window.

Thanks. I'll try that during next week (no access to my PC in a few days) and report it here.

Cecil Rhodes

xamevou
Conscript

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm not having that problem again, for now. It seems that error logging makes the game more robust...

Cecil Rhodes

Tazmaniacs
Private

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:36 pm

xamevou wrote:I'm not having that problem again, for now. It seems that error logging makes the game more robust...

Perhaps. For me, it didn't change anything, but the bug did stopped after quite some time. See http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36528-Crash-main-menu-CheckAdvancedRevolts-bug&p=335556#post335556

Return to “Pride of Nations”