czert2
Brigadier General

latest 1.04 RC2 - few observations

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 am

1. for some reason when you do war against organized state with national territory, sometimes you dont get 101% CP here, preventing you from building crtain structures there - railroad. Building it have great advantages, not only you get max resources from occupied buildings, but fast way how to move troops is unpayable when you deal with constant uprisings.

2. when you occupy some state and on info you see revolt chance 5% in his regions, that statisticaly mean you get revolt/uprising here every 20 turns....but in reality you get one uprising all over place, crus it and one/two turn(s) later after you crued this uprising you get new one. It is great for building up exps for units/leaders, but after some time it gets annoing. Mayby adding some modifier "uprising crushed" making that you will have "peace" (no fear of another big uprising) for say 12 turns will be nice.

3. you cant explore lakes/rivers and regions belonging to another organized state (dosnt matter if he have here (non)natinal soil or just colony).

so far all, cant remeber what i wanted more to write :) .

4. make in red that some nation declared war on you/ one of your leaders died in battle.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:15 pm

and few ideas/questions

0 pop regions (in africa) - do they ever get some pop (by time or by playing imigrants card) or are forever "dead" regions ?

new order (in army screen) - pursue enemy (land) unit - similiar to navy interecept mode - i know you can drag to enemy unit icon and your unit will try to catch them and do battle, but problem is that after battle was won, it ends. No pursuing of fleeing enemy (to another region) and trying to destoy him.

pls improve AI for colonizable nations so it dosnt wanter to much away with his units outside his home lands,since after colonizing thhem and gaining thier units it is not funny to have your units die due to lack of supply when they are resting in unexplored regions (for player) or simply move to trip to tibet, only to be stucked there to thier death, since they cant move back to thier home land (nepal) because china dont want so sign military acces rights.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:35 am

pls add MINIMAL decrease of "enemy" CP when you allready declared protectorate+ over them, since in some cases it refuse to go down over very long period of time - especialy if are colonial building present there (outpost, missionary, harbor..etc).

czert2
Brigadier General

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:12 am

and another
when i conqured/annexed siam (extended SOI - since i owned colonies - at dominion lvl - next to him) i got one "small" problem - during normal half year evaluation of regions (happines due to taxes, new citos founded/expanded, dipolomats..etc) my siam got from 101% CP down to only 46% cp (with no cp from siam).
"funny" thing is that i lost some structures (harbors) due to lowered CP. And what is more interesing i cant play colonial cards on him, since game "remeber" it is 101% CP teritory, which actualy ist.
I thing game need some "buletproofing" to not downgrade non-national regions down to colonial regions in CP.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:07 am

Yes if you start the GC as Great Britian, you always loose some buildings on some islands because of "too low development level" and there's nothing you can do about it. This should be fixed too, btw. I never fully understood this 101% CP for non-national regions ...

czert2
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:32 am

101% CP for any region is much better than 100% CP in any case (except you dont get prestige for colony).
Anyway, it looks that RC2 have in some cases dealing with peace deals - in some cases it is ok, in others (if you want more) not.
When i wanted some regions (3) from Oman, everthing was ok, needed small war score, but when i wated iraq colony from otoman empire for cca 460 WS (4 years of occuping for it), i created peace deal wanting it...and i got nothing (white peace).
Yes, when i wanted t, it generated some error (igored with escape). Forslyi thought is ok, since got same problem with when i wanted peace with GB, i got similiar problem (needed escape) but i got what i wanted in peace deal.
Anyway, can anone show me event for geting iraq colony from otomans, to fix this injustice ?

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 pm

lost in colonizing ?
currently when you send colonist to region...you lose some military control - which is imposible to get back without actual military units there. Why ?
I think some automatical regain of MC over time )when no one else is there) should be there. After all, it is your teritory, with no forgein power presence. Who will/is controling "unclaimed" territory ? Roving bandints ?
Is here command -to modify building -embasy of colony/dominion - which will slowly get MC back, over whole colony (or at least own capital region).

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:31 pm

need help with events :
1. independent of ruling goverment type - runed once per 5 years - estabilish of new schools, to improve education. idealy cost will be related to pop size.

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:21 am

and another idea
pls add shift click + rmb/lmb button - with say 20%+ increase to f4 screen instead of only 5% normal click, ot will save a lot of mouseclicks.
and make region/area/state capitals cities more distictive on map with special city image, i know it will be just for look, but it make feeling of capitals more important.
change merchant marine - i know it will be propably wery big change, but make sense - if one country have merchant marine in respective trade box, it allow that country to buy from that nations hier goods. My change/idea is that that same marine will allow respective country to buy from owner too - aka two way tradings (instead of one way).
Let me expain - if england send his mecrhant marine to all south america trade pools his navy, it can buy good from all south america countries, but same countris cant buy goods from england (if they can, pls corret me there).
bacjground turn processing - it is realy simple - when player decding what to do durig turn, game will process ai and other thing in background, so when player press next turn game will simply run allready processed ai, without need to do it now. It will speed up turn processing.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 pm

i found reason why i was losing 101% CP in that country - game decided that thiers"declared silen independce" - on f8 screen i sow - in that case - siamese national teritory instead of mine non-national territory.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 am

Playing GC's now more frequently under the new hotfix i would propose to make it more clear when there is a crisis (having many by declaring protectorates and colonies as France if it#s in the shere of someone other nation) who is the activator of the crisis or a more detailed view who is dominating or who has the "just cause" in the crisis. Now I'm hassling to play the crisis cards as I don't know these things and the outcome is more or less pure luck ...

Thx Chris

czert2
Brigadier General

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:03 pm

and few more ideas :
1. automaticaly remove rail/naval tranport order from units which dont move to different region (so they dont "eat" it while doing nothing) (when procesing turn)
2. when unit have order "move to structure" and dont have order to move to another region, it automaticaly move to existing stucture (when procesing turn)
3. option to delete stuctures from economic screen - f10 - it will remove "region hunting" to delete them, i know i can shut them down, but when i surely know i will never use them in furure ?

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:58 pm

improve ai so it is more "aggresive" with creating colonies/dominons - it is realy strande to see protectorate with 75% average CP. (and instand posibility to create colony/dominin was confrimed by switching to that faction).
make 2 way diplomacy negotiation - like trading (in negotation of peace) of colonies, i take this bigger and give this smaller...or pay this sum as compenzation. To simply remove "5 years of occuation" to get enough war score to take that colony.
ability to declare colonial wars - after all, it is strange that when for some "small, unimportant colony in asia/africa" tens of thausend of men have to die in europe. trhuth, WWI was mainly about colonial dreams/desires...but we are not that far for any war, right ?

Return to “Pride of Nations”