Kaiser85
Private

again about supply and ammo on map

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello folks

I've read and read again on forum and manual about various supply and ammo labels on PoN, but I still can't full understand the differencies:
* first, when I click the supply filter button (f2) I can see various informations about supply and ammo in each region; in particular what do these 3 labels (supply stock number/number), (supply received/sent), ammo (received/sent) mean?
- I guess supply stock means the actually stock of supply in that region and the actually need (first and second number) according to the size of military unit, is it right?
- supply received/sent means that this region receive supply and send supply somewhere (colonial place? other regions linked to it?)
- ammo received/sent the same as above.

Now, if everything is correct I want ask you, why I can't see a stock of ammo as for supply?

Tuoweit
Conscript

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Kaiser85 wrote:- I guess supply stock means the actually stock of supply in that region and the actually need (first and second number) according to the size of military unit, is it right?

I thought the second number was the ammo stockpile, but I'm not an expert on the game.

Kaiser85
Private

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:04 pm

yeah, you are right

The Red Baron

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:44 pm

As an example:

Supply Stock 762/26 --> means region has 762 points of general supply and 26 points of ammunition
Supply Received/Sent 379/238 --> means region received 379 points of general supply from other regions and forwarded 238 points of general supply to other regions for a net gain of 141 supply points in the region
Ammo Received/Sent 48/40 --> same as above but for ammunition

I don't think the amount of supply and ammo received/sent is as important as the fact that these resources transited the region. If the region did not receive/send supply or ammunition, it serves as an indicator to the player that the region has a supply problem; perhaps caused by inclement weather, the presence of enemy troops, a broken rail link, or lack of supply/ammunition.

The supply/ammo numbers are not linked to the size of the military unit.

Kaiser85
Private

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:44 pm

The Red Baron wrote:As an example:

Supply Stock 762/26 --> means region has 762 points of general supply and 26 points of ammunition
Supply Received/Sent 379/238 --> means region received 379 points of general supply from other regions and forwarded 238 points of general supply to other regions for a net gain of 141 supply points in the region
Ammo Received/Sent 48/40 --> same as above but for ammunition

I don't think the amount of supply and ammo received/sent is as important as the fact that these resources transited the region. If the region did not receive/send supply or ammunition, it serves as an indicator to the player that the region has a supply problem; perhaps caused by inclement weather, the presence of enemy troops, a broken rail link, or lack of supply/ammunition.

The supply/ammo numbers are not linked to the size of the military unit.

thank you

so, I conclude that only supply stock is an important data.

The Red Baron

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:18 am

No, ammunition is important also. When a battle occurs, your troops first rely on ammo points carried within each element. When they expend this ammo, they replenish their stock from ammo supply points stored in the region. If the region does not have enough ammo points to fully replenish their ammo stock, any of your elements that lack sufficient ammunition will fight at a severe disadvantage in the next battle.

If you might fight a battle in a region, the region's ammo supply points are important, especially if they are insufficient to replenish the stock of ammo your troops will use in any one battle. In this scenario you will need either to assign a supply wagon to your forces to assure adequate ammo supply or examine the ammo supply points of adjacent regions to see if these regions can satisfy the needs of your troops. (Your troops may replenish ammo supply points from ammo stored in the structures of adjacent regions provided you or an ally own the structure, and you have enough military control to permit the flow of supply.)

Return to “Pride of Nations”