HerrDan

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:20 pm

leaddernoir wrote:Hey HerrDan, I was just wondering what your thoughts are regarding WWI within the 1880 scenario (if you have gotten that far)? Does PON model this conflict well, etc? Thanks in advance :)

I think PoN does a great job reproducing wars, specially because in PoN you have both the military and the economic side of the conflict and IMO PoN military system is great indeed, I haven't got that far yet, but I had a war with both Russia and Great Britain in my game (yes at the same time), it is in my AAR by the way, I'm planning on resuming my AAR as soon as I finish the Beta testing I'm doing for a game and thus have more free time.

But belive me, the WWI is the main reason I chose to play the 1880 PoN Scenario( besides the fact that it's much closer to the WWI than the 1850 scenario), so that I could build my network of alliances and prepare my Vaterland for the upcoming conflict, that I think is the highest point in the game and also PoN does also a great job regarding diplomacy etc.

I hope I have answered your question. :)
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

leaddernoir
Conscript

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you for the answer HerrDan, exactly what I was looking for. I completely agree that the 1880 scenario is a nice point to launch from, as you slowly march towards 1914. I just bought the 1880 DLC/scenario a few days back so still a long way to go to get to the Great War, but have really been enjoying the scenario so far. It certainly has a different feel to it compared to the 1850 GC and it’s certainly nice having what feels like (IMO) two fairly different play styles based on the campaign start date.

Good luck with the AAR, I have been following it and it is great so far :)

HerrDan

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:49 pm

leaddernoir wrote:Thank you for the answer HerrDan, exactly what I was looking for. I completely agree that the 1880 scenario is a nice point to launch from, as you slowly march towards 1914. I just bought the 1880 DLC/scenario a few days back so still a long way to go to get to the Great War, but have really been enjoying the scenario so far. It certainly has a different feel to it compared to the 1850 GC and it’s certainly nice having what feels like (IMO) two fairly different play styles based on the campaign start date.

Good luck with the AAR, I have been following it and it is great so far :)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate this good feedback about my AAR, I'm resuming it as soon as possible. It's also great to know that perhaps my comment and AAR influenced you to buy the 1880 dlc, it makes me feel great, by the way don't play it on steam if you can avoid it, because steam will try to update it to the last patch that has some bugs that are already waiting to be fixed, the last stable version is the one that comes with the 1880 dlc itself, 1.03f, so don't update to the 1.04 or you might regret it.

Cheers mate, I hope you enjoy this awesome game as much as I do.

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

leaddernoir
Conscript

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:47 am

Thanks Herr Dan, I was on the fence about buying the 1880 DLC but your enthusiasm is contagious lol. Cheers for the heads up, I happened to read about this in one of the threads but I bought PoN years ago before it was sold on Steam :)

Am really enjoying the game (after a long hiatus), I would probably play PoN a lot more if the turn times were not what they are (sorry devs I know you are probably tired of hearing the same thing over and over). But outside of that, PoN is hands down the best game on the period. Heres hoping we see a sequel one day

HerrDan

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:02 pm

leaddernoir wrote:Thanks Herr Dan, I was on the fence about buying the 1880 DLC but your enthusiasm is contagious lol. Cheers for the heads up, I happened to read about this in one of the threads but I bought PoN years ago before it was sold on Steam :)

Am really enjoying the game (after a long hiatus), I would probably play PoN a lot more if the turn times were not what they are (sorry devs I know you are probably tired of hearing the same thing over and over). But outside of that, PoN is hands down the best game on the period. Heres hoping we see a sequel one day

You're welcome Leaddernoir, it's great to know that my enthusiasm is contagious (I hope that my students agree with you lol). PoN is certanly the best game covering the period all the other games about this age pale in comparison, I really hope that there is going to be a sequel one day, or at least a gold version of it. I understand your disapointment with the long turn processing, but I can deal with it very well, usually I'm reading a book, preparing a lesson or playing the flute during the turn processing, so I try to use this time in my favor. It seems Pocus has a quickfix for the last version now, I'm probably taking a look at it as soon as I have time again.

See you. :)

Return to “Pride of Nations”