MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Scripting war and naval upgrades

Thu May 29, 2014 3:52 am

A couple more questions for you guys...

First, when discovering a new naval ship model, will existing ships slowly upgrade to this newly discovered unit, or can the new units only be built while keeping the older ones?

Secondly, what is the syntax for scripting two nations to now be at war?

Thanks in advance!

MarshalJean

HerrDan

Thu May 29, 2014 4:26 am

MarshalJean wrote:A couple more questions for you guys...

First, when discovering a new naval ship model, will existing ships slowly upgrade to this newly discovered unit, or can the new units only be built while keeping the older ones?

Secondly, what is the syntax for scripting two nations to now be at war?

Thanks in advance!

MarshalJean

Making an event for a nation to declare war on another is simple, you can make it complex, by setting conditions, min date etc, or you can just do something like this:

SelectFaction = $CMN
SelectRegion = $Seoul
StartEvent = Japan declares war on China|1|1|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Actions

SelectFaction = $JAP
AddDiploItem = KOR;$diWar;CURRENT
AddDiploItem = CHI;$diWar;CURRENT

EndEvent

The you can adapt it changing the nations involved, always using the nation's tags, like RUS for Russia or GBR for Great Britain, for instance.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Thu May 29, 2014 12:32 pm

HerrDan wrote:Making an event for a nation to declare war on another is simple, you can make it complex, by setting conditions, min date etc, or you can just do something like this:

SelectFaction = $CMN
SelectRegion = $Seoul
StartEvent = Japan declares war on China|1|1|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Actions

SelectFaction = $JAP
AddDiploItem = KOR;$diWar;CURRENT
AddDiploItem = CHI;$diWar;CURRENT

EndEvent

The you can adapt it changing the nations involved, always using the nation's tags, like RUS for Russia or GBR for Great Britain, for instance.

Once again, thanks so much, HerrDan. I'm also really enjoying your AAR as the German Empire.

Anyone else on the question regarding the upgrade of naval ships? Sorry if it was confusing. I'm just basically asking if naval combatants upgrade automatically to newer models, just like infantry are slowly re-trained with newer rifles, or if I'm stuck with older naval ships and will need to purchase/build anything I want of new units.

This game is great! And the ability to mod my ongoing game only adds to the immersion for me, making it that much more enjoyable. It's only possible because of the attentiveness of this community to the forum. Thanks for being dedicated fans!

MJ

Jim-NC

Thu May 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Unfortunately, ships don't upgrade. With that said, if you lose a ship element, it will be replaced with the more modern version (thus you can have mixed ship squadrons). You need to build the new ships, and transfer the old to out of the way areas, then scrap them eventually.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Thu May 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Jim-NC wrote:Unfortunately, ships don't upgrade. With that said, if you lose a ship element, it will be replaced with the more modern version (thus you can have mixed ship squadrons). You need to build the new ships, and transfer the old to out of the way areas, then scrap them eventually.

Good to know! Thanks so much, Jim-NC.

MJ

Return to “Pride of Nations”