Jonathan Pollard
Major

Inability to produce early battleships

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:41 pm

I completed the research field for early battleships, but can't produce them. Is this because I am playing a non-major (China), or do I also need Heavy Caliber Guns I to produce battleships that are supposed to have 10" guns?
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Does China have the models for battleships? I can't remember at this point.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kensai

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:39 pm

You need to stick to your junks! :wacko:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Kensai wrote:You need to stick to your junks! :wacko:

That might be a good idea actually, I already modded my coastal gunboats into merchant ships which China normally is never able to produce, maybe I can mod the junks into battleships!
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ShadowofGod
Sergeant

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Playing China too? Military upgrades seem to be slow. I did get Ironcladed Sailing Ships, which are a big step up from the junks.

My beef at the moment is that the French are invading my annexed territory in Tonkin. I'd like to kick their pantalon rouge-ed fannies out but I have no way to forge a causus belli.

Jim-NC

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:16 pm

I believe that is due to the low stats of your leader. To forge a CB, you need a certain diplomatic level (I think). You may also need a certain imperialism (I think it's 5 for each, but can't remember exactly).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ShadowofGod
Sergeant

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:43 am

Well, now I don't have my Ironcladded Sailing Ships anymore! They just disappeared from my availables!

So that's the answer - one needs to mod the models if China is to have battleship?

Return to “Pride of Nations”