Erostratus
Corporal

When and when not convert supply and munitions onto the map?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:06 am

Hi,

So I was wondering about these buttons, the supply and munitions conversion onto the map and what this means as well as when you would want to use them. I am asking also because as Prussia in the GC in late 1850, I have tried to construct a steamer transport, but it appears that its date of construction is not progressing. Perhaps this is why I am unable to construct this product; i.e. the construction time remains 370 days even after 3 turns.

Thanks,

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:14 am

In general don't use those options - early game they will wreck your cash flow and natural production from cities and factories is all you need. I believe that the US and Russia need to do it for a few turns every now and then so as to generate supply in some remote areas but you shouldn't need it with Prussia.

Not sure about your second problem. The only production cost is paid when you order the item so any subsequent shortages will have no impact on something in production.

Is the steamer on the map? If so hover the mouse over it and that should tell you how many days till it is ready to send out to sea

... and welcome to the forums
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Christophe.Barot

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 am

look F3 if you see it building

did you build it in a place where you have a shipyard (guess only Hamburg at start, danzing perhaps ?) - if you don't have , guess your ship won't be produced, or VERY slowly (speed of building depends of shipyards, I think)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Erostratus
Corporal

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 am

I put the ship in hinterpommern so maybe that is the problem, and it is on the map. Thank you.

Christophe.Barot

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:59 am

well, bad place I guess, your best option is to build a shipyard here (but it's relatively costly for your economy at start, you may have other priorities), as a bonus, when you'll have several shipyards, your trade ships replacements for free will accumulate (every february) and sometimes you'll get trade ships for free
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Erostratus
Corporal

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:47 pm

yeah that's the conclusion i drew while at work, thank you for your input!

Kensai

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:36 pm

I personally don't touch them out of realism. Production of supplies and ammo is so high anyway, I find it rather unrealistic there is so much availability. If you want more challenge, you should keep converting supplies/ammo on the map and even double the normal consumption through game settings modding. In all my PON games it is now 2x and even there there is little challenge, except for remote areas in Africa, as it should be the case anyway. ;)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “Pride of Nations”