Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Hey Pocus.

I try to send private message, but i am not allowed? (maybe wrong with system?)
Since i got a mail from The Slitherine & Ageod Team. And i am ready for beta tester (Civil War II Beta), but i need to deal with you (pocus) in private message, so... How can I get allow to make new message via PM?

(ugh, wrong thread, i bet...)

No worries my friend, the problem is that you have too few posts in the forum. I think you need a minimum of five posts before you can private message, though I'm not certain. This is to combat spammers.

And yes, this is a thread about Pride of Nations, but no worries. :)

Sir Garnet

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:37 am

Is there already, or in 1.04, a settings fix for the minor AI often piling up State Funds relative to Private Capital, not buying replacements for troops, and at some times not ensuring enough Mfg Goods to keep troops maintained?

Kensai

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:03 am

I don't think there is such a bug. Most probably the AI cannot buy enough manufactured goods, coal, and steel because the player playing is not making it available (playing in a mercantilistic way) and the global game economy is in dire mess. Otherwise the AI will buy what it misses. You can fix this by sending trade ships in MTBs and making resources available.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Kensai wrote:I don't think there is such a bug. Most probably the AI cannot buy enough manufactured goods, coal, and steel because the player playing is not making it available (playing in a mercantilistic way) and the global game economy is in dire mess. Otherwise the AI will buy what it misses. You can fix this by sending trade ships in MTBs and making resources available.

I agree. I had this problem until I took Kensai's advice. I bought and sold as many resources,as I could, sent trade ships to every MTB, in my last two games as Britain and Prussia, and the minor nations have prospered and greatly expanded their economies, developing their resources, and selling all kinds of things on the world markets. If the player tries to be a mercantilist, it is my opinion that the world economy will not work right. At this point I am buying over 150 resources a turn and selling close to two hundred, in 1868, as Germany(North German Confederation). I make sure plenty of coal, steel, and manufactured goods are always offered for sale. At this point, a number of minor nations are selling their own coal, steel, and manufactured goods.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Using 1.04RC2 in an ongoing game (France 1878), the Suez Canal still does not seem to work as intended. No Player nation passage through the canal is possible and I parked some ships in the Red Sea to try and determine if the AI is using it but saw zero traffic in seven-turns.

-C

Kensai

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Random, good catch. In my game (v1.03e) the AI somehow sold it making it disappear! There is neither the structure of Suez canal, nor the possibility to pass. Unless you are Egypt, dunno.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

Pierro_F
Private

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello,

Playing France and at war with Italy, can't capture any city. Assault order, and 2 turns after, i always saw the garrison defeated but always an italian Flag on the structure.
Playing with the PON Latest public beta 1.04 RC 2. Files game of my turn for the support team.
Does the 1.04 will solve the problem ?

Pierro,
Attachments
1850 GC France by Pierro_F.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 191 times

Future2063
Civilian

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Pierro_F wrote:Hello,

Playing France and at war with Italy, can't capture any city. Assault order, and 2 turns after, i always saw the garrison defeated but always an italian Flag on the structure.
Playing with the PON Latest public beta 1.04 RC 2. Files game of my turn for the support team.

Pierro,

I have the same issue when I'm playing my game. When I try and assault a city with an auto-generated garrison, the garrison continues to be regenerated every few days and so each turn I end up having battles over the city over and over with each battle the garrison is wiped out but comes back. On enemy cities where there there isn't a garrison at all and I have 100% military control of the region, I can't take the city or structures. I have found that it is happening due to using the public beta 1.04 RC 2 because the game worked fine when I reinstalled back to 1.03e.

ajnatalo
Sergeant

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:57 am

Future2063 wrote:I have the same issue when I'm playing my game. When I try and assault a city with an auto-generated garrison, the garrison continues to be regenerated every few days and so each turn I end up having battles over the city over and over with each battle the garrison is wiped out but comes back. On enemy cities where there there isn't a garrison at all and I have 100% military control of the region, I can't take the city or structures. I have found that it is happening due to using the public beta 1.04 RC 2 because the game worked fine when I reinstalled back to 1.03e.

Me too. I thought it was some random bug but glad to see others are having it. Just encountered it in my game as Austria.

czert2
Brigadier General

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:52 pm

it is posible to add event command which explore region/navigable river to you ?
and new diplomatic option- trading of maps (which Exchange all know regions between these two states), usefulll if you want to build stuctures in brazil :)
when viewing economic screen it is posible to add line which informs you about population satisfaction in giver region (over which you hoover cursor) - having all pop info is nice but if you want to view pop satisaftion you must look over existing production structure which consume time and idealy add info how much turns it will take to change thier mood for better or worse (if situation dodnt change).

sagji
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:45 pm

Attached is a list of anomalies in the data files.

Below is a representative sample with notes (there are 83 errors and 3010 warning in the file)

warning: Research
The research item 225-$RI_Name_Industrial_The_Great_Eastern (1850) has a prerequisite with a later date 26-$RI_Name_Naval_Iron_Ships (1860)
The earlier date has no effect unless you get the later event early from an event - most don't have an event.

error: Research
Can't find event RI_Expanded_Reserve triggered from 306-Expanded Reserve
There is a missing effect as the defined event doesn't exist.

warning: Research
Research event RI_Low_Echelon_Fire_Support isn't mentioned in any Triggered entry
There is a missing effect as the defined event has no trigger.

error: ModelsDocument
Upgrade '$mdl_FNF_Inf1915_Res8' not found in 694-Reserve Infantry Regiment (Af.)
The model has an upgrade that doesn't exits.

error: ModelsDocument
Generation *CSART4* for model 3652-mdl_ARG_Art_Coa4 is the same as its upgrade 3653-mdl_ARG_Art_Coa5
The upgrade that gets you to a unit also renders it obsolete - so you upgrade 2 steps.

warning: Unit
Unit 82-uni_GBR_Inf_1840N_Bde Contains a model which is of a family '$famLine' that isn't in the model's FamilyType list.
The main effect it you can't attack a leader as the unit is already over complement - may also hav an effect on replacement limits.

warning: Unit
Unit 178-uni_GBR_Air_Bas3 Contains 4 models of family '$famAirStratBomber' when only 2 are premitted in the FamilyType list.
Similar to the previous.

warning: Model
Model 977-mdl_AUS_Art_Med17 is not used by a unit, nor is it a template.
Model is defined but never used by a unit.
Attachments
Error.zip
(22.9 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

sagji
Lieutenant

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:03 am

There are also some techs that have no effect - these are techs that have no effects of their own, and all the techs they are precursors for are also on the list.

Can't find an effect for 321-Air Superiority or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 34-Balliste or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 27-Barbettes or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 80-Depth Charge or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 87-Dreadnought or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 250-Electric Telegraph or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 49-Electrical Mounts or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 306-Expanded Reserve or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 7-Explosive Shells or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 300-French 75 Model or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 322-Giulio Douhet or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 43-Heavy Caliber Guns III or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 44-Heavy Caliber Guns IV or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 11-Hospital Ships or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 262-Infiltration or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 257-Ivan Bloch or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 298-Krupp or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 263-Low Echelon Fire Support or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 324-Military Airplanes or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 0-Muzzle loaded smoothbore or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 211-New synchronization techniques or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 415-Panama Canal or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 33-Poudre B or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 238-Sere de Rivieres or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 179-Skyscrapers or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 5-Steam Frigates or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 412-Suez Canal or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 95-Torpedo planes or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 189-Underground rail systems or for any tech that requires it
Can't find an effect for 68-Zone of Immunity or for any tech that requires it

Pocus

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:08 am

What is the utility you are using to get these messages? Lafrite Python tools?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

sagji
Lieutenant

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Pocus wrote:What is the utility you are using to get these messages? Lafrite Python tools?

No a C# tool I wrote myself.
Currently available from DropBox

Needs .Net 4.0 installed and copy of jQuery-1.7.js in the output folder to see the output at its best.

Pocus

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:22 am

Well done then, perhaps you should "publish" it in the modding folder, people might find a use for it :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 pm

This is indeed very interesting! Well done, sagji! :)

Pocus, regarding the techs that have no effects, maybe we should suggest some?
Großdeutschland Mod

sagji
Lieutenant

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm

There are some issues with the California gold rush event (evt_nam_USA_NewCaliforiaGoldRush1851) in the USA Events

It adds merWine to the map - however that is never required by a building - vineyards require fruits. This should be changed to merFruit. Likewise for the 2 merWine added in San Francisco.

It adds 200 Gold (not capital or money) which is several years production of the area and worth up to $5000 capital when you sell it. Looks to be excessive - was this intended to be capital?

It sets the transport level to MajorRoads which could be an issue if the player has completed a railway there. IIRC it starts the campaign at major road so should not need changing in the event.

The pop added to San Francisco is only enough for half of the added structures - even with the later events it will be short.

Sir Garnet

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 am

Kensai wrote:This is indeed very interesting! Well done, sagji! :)

Pocus, regarding the techs that have no effects, maybe we should suggest some?

Very useful for the future. Is it a design principle that all techs have some effect? Many research and tech efforts of the past had little or no ultimate effect (other than consuming resources). If the player can know it in advance, however, he can avoid investing in those techs (unless he wants a higher tech ranking) while others who don't check that can waste funds, which is basically a net nuisance for players.

sagji
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Sir Garnet wrote:Very useful for the future. Is it a design principle that all techs have some effect? Many research and tech efforts of the past had little or no ultimate effect (other than consuming resources). If the player can know it in advance, however, he can avoid investing in those techs (unless he wants a higher tech ranking) while others who don't check that can waste funds, which is basically a net nuisance for players.

There is no need to techs to have an effect - however given the small number it is more likely that they got overlooked - it appears very odd that "Dreadnought" doesn't have an effect, and "French 75 Model" looks over specific for a tech that does nothing, likewise "Hospital Ships".
Steam frigates is also odd to have no effect, but the tool is not as helpful here as it might be as Steam Frigates does sort of have an effect - it triggers a research event which does nothing - as compared to "Hospital ships" which doesn't even do that.

ADDED
Further investigation shows that 1 of the techs (250-Electric Telegraph) is used in events - so will have an effect for those nations that have the relevant event in their list.

sagji
Lieutenant

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:33 pm

The US declare colony decision (33 rgdColonyFW) doesn't get the correct text - it appears as str_CMN_rgd_Territory_ongoing and str_CMN_rgd_Territory. The non-US version has str_CMN_rgd_Colony_ongoing and str_CMN_rgd_Colony in the relevant fields which does produce appropriate text.

sagji
Lieutenant

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:16 pm

There is some more non localised text - strCalllOffAssault1, 2 and 3.

The Spanish are using Zombies to defend Havana, Guam, and the Marianas - although the US has wiped out the defenders several times it still can't take the regions - and its WS is going down. All of the areas have also surrendered at least once - but given how long the areas have been completely blockaded the frequency appears very low. I think the current record is the force attacking Guam which has managed to completely eliminate the Spanish defenders three time in the same turn. The real units with the coastal guns in Havana were eliminated, and the US has managed to take the Marshals, and Cienfeugos.
I suspect this is the auto generated defenders being spawned as there enemy present and no defenders. They need to only spawn if they haven't already spawned or have unspawned.

The AI doesn't consider enemy military control when placing colonial decisions - on two occasions when the US has captured an area from Spain with a school in it and the school has been destroyed due to lack of US CP and Spain has immediately placed a build school decision in the area. The simple fix is to prevent the placing of decisions in a area with more than 50% enemy MC.

Kensai

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:05 am

I wish there were more developers in the small team. These are QA things. Most players won't even notice, but it pains to see the huge potential this game has if it works correctly and scripted to the last detail. I guess it was/is an impossible undertaking given its size.
Großdeutschland Mod

Gen.DixonS.Miles
Captain

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Great work. Keep cracking and you will unlock its full potential.

czert2
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 am

any info in which we will have 1.04 RC3 ?

Christophe.Barot

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Jorgitogrande wrote:It seems it's my first post so hello everyone.

1.04 - User interface
"Ledger display speed improved" - the speed has actually deteriorated greatly in my 1894 game (started under 1.03d). It takes a while to open the window 'B' and even longer to register +10/-10 order (right/left mouse click).
It takes 6 full seconds to open F4 economy window. For comparison F1 to F3 is instantaneous.

I installed 1.03 e and 1.04 ...heck ! B T and F4 are acceded and used with an unbearable lag (6 seconds would be GREAT, really) and systematic questions to know if I want to terminate application
reinstalled them with 1.03 d only - + quickfix - works fine and a few seconds or less to get F4 B and T game playable again :thumbsup:

the lag must imperatively be adressed if you can Pocus, for me it really makes game unplayable - in comparison, the ten minutes interturn is nothing - B T F4 are becoming unusable
thanks for all your hard work though :)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Kensai

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 am

No worries, once AACW2 gets released Pocus will be more relaxed and he will probably release v1.04 as well.

Pocus, please extra check how the channels work, in my humble opinion, this is the most important bug/imperfection right now. A simple rule is only needed: the channel structure can belong to another country (not necessarily the one that owns the region) and be either ON or OFF (thunder icon). If it is OFF, then ALL countries should be blocked from passing except the owner of the channel, if ON then ALL countries pass. For simplicity's sake, you could add some logic so the AI keeps it ON all the time unless in war with a major power. The owner should also gain a hefty amount of money "taxes" from keeping the channel open.
Großdeutschland Mod

Christophe.Barot

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Pierro_F wrote:Hello,

Pierro,

version 1.03 d + quickfix :
a) have no problem assaulting cities would they be Chinese, Ottoman, Austrian (and Ottoman again)

b) still Austrians are in Belgrade and don't seem able to take it (or do they assault) - Belgrade is empty - is it a non belligerent ally interferes with process ? (had the problem long ago with British in Afghanistan)

btw is it normal that :
- I keep supply on ally Serbia now in Austrian control neutral (and in Austria as well, while I can't get there, since peace traty and my invasion)
- there was an event giving Port Arthur to Russia - never fired - was it hampered by the fact I was at war with China then (not patient enough, wanting to test, need for Chinese coal)

- and is bug allowing to build again in revolted then retaken areas (they are treated like colonial ones, no fortress no naval bases) fixed ?
- also invasion in colonial areas causes some structures (like naval bases in Manchuria- Port Arthur) to disappear, while they should just change hands - rebel may destroy colonial buildings true, but I doubt a regular army would do, and even Boxers would not have destroyed a naval base facilities (not explosives enough), same thing for hottentots, annamite or berber peasants ..

did you find the "chinese closed to diplomacy" bug ? no capital ? (could make peace when a competent chinese emperor proposed me one, took conditions)

I have restrictions to some diplomatic actions - some are WAD ? limitation to proposed trade agreements number (that they're turned off is another matter) ? CB from a power against me prevents to support that power WAD ? there would be some logic - I now occupy Constantinople (no way to force a peace with smaller allies though - even fully invaded, Austria wouldn't have made peace with Serbia, and Ottoman against balkan states ditto) 1st Balkan war is neverending - will try to script an end - as 2d doesn't happen either - will try to script that and British don't like that - Turks should be pro german rather than pro british by now, but, well, event is scripted this way, and anyway, in my game, prussia never united germany and alignments arent't exactly historical for 1918 -or 19...

cheers
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:15 pm

PhilThib wrote:Ce problème, s'il y en a un, n'est pas traité dans le patch. La loyauté est extrêmement longue à remonter. A la rigueur, on pourrait effectivement "officialiser" votre script...ou faire quelque chose de plus générique, comme une augmentation regulière de la loyauté de 1 point par 1 sur la durée (l'Empire a toujours eu des détracteurs, il suffit de voir ce qui s'est passé en 1870)

problem is, IF I correctly understand system, when rebel reaches a 100% there is nobody to get the increase in loyalty rebel lose - Paris and languedoc + peking and Tien Tsin in myb game where I invaded China and stayed a long time (no way to get Manchuria, no way to propose peace to China, Chinese coal precious)

I have same problem with former Russian Polish revolted areas - events are devastatory, Russian loyalty almost wiped, system do not consider them as part of Russian nation any longer, so rebel loyalty fading away go to Poles only - Russian ethnics (for example Brest-Litovsk area) and continuous Russian possession are not even considered, which seems extreme to me

joined to bug which consider revolted areas as semi colonial (you have building limitations of colonial areas, still can't build colonial buildings) this is even more devastatory (btw, regular (non rebel) armies should take and not destroy facilities like forts, naval facilities (happened in Lushun/Port Arthur) or economic assets (happened in palestina, colonial area possessed by Ottoman empire, some agricultural field built was removed)

thanks Pocus for the railway facility anywhere :thumbsup: - alleviates it, be blessed :coeurs: (still I wonder WHO is/was building scores of railroad in China, and the purpose of it - has a cost)

about loyalty mounting, hasn't it been implemented, but only for national (and non zero loyalty) owned/controlled areas, something like 10 per year ? experienced it in Russia, Finland is now fully loyal, and after Moscow insurrection loyalty is 100% again

[/color]

Matto
Colonel

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 am

So how it looks with new patch ... I hope for official release soon :wacko:
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Tarfman
Sergeant

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Are the updates been uploaded to the steam version?

Return to “Pride of Nations”