Wilsh8517
Corporal

Multiplayer

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 am

Does everyone have a space on a multi player game or starting one soon? And how would I start one or play one ? Thanks

Kensai

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:35 am

We have one going on with 24 playable nations (we are some 15 players). The year is 1871. Care to join? Most major nations are taken though, except perhaps for Belgium as its player seems not to be replying. The game is being described on the Paradox forums and here.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Wilsh8517
Corporal

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:05 pm

I would be interested in beligum just need to know how to join

Kensai

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 pm

We have to ask the guys and contact once more the old player. Other than that, you could try one of Chile, Argentina, Portugal, Colombia... all playable in our multiplayer and played as 2nd nations by some of our players. They will need to agree though. If you are still interested: (1) hop in the multiplayer section of PON in the Paradox forums and (2) send me a gaming email where I can invite you to our Dropbox sharing folder.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Colombia isn't being played by anyone right now. They're a regional economic powerhouse, although less potent militarily.

Wilsh8517
Corporal

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 am

First I have to wait until I am back and need to register my game which I have had trouble with and I will get back to you to start it and do I need to download a drop box ?

Sir Garnet

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:29 am

The Belgian player likes Belgium. However, the Netherlands has opened up due to press of other deadlines on the player. It couild be considered much more exciting. It is active in all 4 areas of the game - economic, diplomatic, military and colonial.

It has led a lively in-game career, and now has been at war for several years with Brazil, but is receiving support from its Chinese ally. The genesis and history of the war is receounted in the discussion in the Paradox multiplayer forums for the years 1868 to date.

Wilsh8517
Corporal

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm still interested just don't how to join or any and still have a problem we registering my game in paradox

nemethand
Colonel

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Wilsh8517 wrote:I'm still interested just don't how to join or any and still have a problem we registering my game in paradox

Send me an e-mail address you use and I can invite you the dropbox. You have to install it on your PC or you can upload/download via a web browser (a bit more complicated).

Wilsh8517
Corporal

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:20 am

I PM you my email address and I will download Dropbox today

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Netherlands is available and needs a human player to save it.

PhilThib

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 am

If this help and you can't find a player within a few days, let me know and I'll be taking over till you find a stable and reliable player. My mail: pthibaut@ageod.net

Sir Garnet

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks. Netherlands needs a negotiator to negotiate peace. Wilsh may take it. Nemethand will let you know if we need to take you up on your kind offer.

It would be a pleasure in any event to have you drop in for a time in the game (there are other countries) and behold what AGEOD hath wrought.

PhilThib

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am

Perfect, keep me posted if you need me :)

Wilsh8517
Corporal

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 am

i just sent a message to nemethand saying philthib can play if he whats could probabley put better input then me lol

Bart
Private

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am

If you still need a player, I would like to participate to a multipalyer game.

How often do you play? A turn a day? If more informations are avaible :)

Sir Garnet

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Copied from the Paradox Multiplayer Forum CIE PBEM main thread FYI

Soulstrider wrote:Can I hop in? :P If so what nations are available for playing? I would like one not very hard since I am not that experienced with this game and just thinking of the scale of this games makes me really afraid of doing a mess with my country.

Hi Soulstrider! The big question is how easy/hard a country you want and what you want out of the game - e.g., focusing just on the economy without military/diplomatic worries from outside, vs. being involved deeply in all aspects of diplomacy, colonialism, and military operations as well. Some countries have more complex economies, some have colonial abilities, some are naturally defensive and introspective, some ambitious, some require delicate diplomacy or are surrounded by threats, some face no real threat, some are threats (big ones, usually).

Plus there are constraints of population, geography (and geopolitics) as well as in-game treaty obligations and past history of good or bad relations.

The Netherlands was open but may already be spoken for. It has a large colonial empire and has been rather aggressive and acquisitive in its efforts, so has a history of multiple wars and lots of diplomatic activity (and intrigue). It is at war now but that is likely to wind down soon.

Colombia for lack of a human hand at the the helm is AI controlled right now with lots of resources and a strong economy but no colonial or overseas capability, and also no evident threats so not much need for worrying about the military. When some implementation details are worked out, Colombia can get a couple squadrons of merchant ships for strategic purchasing fun.

Egypt is available, currently run by a major power player (AH, though usually now only minor power players have a 2nd country, CapnHowdy was happy to look after it and especially to prevent the AI from mismanaging the economy). Egypt is at war with Great Britain in support of the Ottomans, who are also backed regionally by the German and Russian Empires. Peace could break out at any time - there remain rebels to fight in the back country and deciding how hard to press to keep Cairo's claim over the Sudan. Egypt has a significant economy and armed forces, and a particularly strategic position adjacent to the Suez Canal, but being in the middle of things and being a potential colonial target makes it an interesting position, to say the least.

Chile and Denmark are played as second countries by the Ottoman and Argentine players respectively. They are not as rich as Colombia in resources but running smoothly and have naval capabilities. If not at war, you can go hunt pirates.

Greece is available (played by Kensai, who has the great power Japan). Its irredentist goals sparked a large war but Greecet came out of it battered by occupation but taking a few islands - a win for the Kingdom of the Hellenes. It still has claims and ambitions against the Ottomans, a common religion linking it with Russia and Balkan peoples, and a tidy small economy with naval capabilities. This combination of economy and diplomacy in the Balkan tinderbox of Europe could be fun (Greek armed forces don't count for much in a land war among the great powers, but should count enough for a seat at the negotiation table).

I see you come from Lusitania, so might be interested in seeing what Portugal is up to. Ess played them until he had to leave for health and family reasons in 1863. I play the Empire of Brazil allied with Portugal and have since then played Portugal's government. Portugal has tried to keep things peaceful in Africa and energize its economy after the burden of huge investments consolidating its ancient colonial territories. It has been a tricky business economically and diplomatically but the economy is on a slow and steady uptrend.

Having long borders in Africa with France, Germany and Britain, who have a history of conflict between them, Portugal has sought to be friendly with both sides and promote peace in their colonies - a delicate situation diplomatically, to be added to the optimization and micromanagement needed to grow the economy on a limited resource base. Game experience and a dedication to economics and diplomacy are what I think are needed to preserve and protect the Kingdom. Portugal is currently in a Defensive Alliance with the USA originating in a deal regarding the Congo. It was allied with Britain (and played a supporting role in Britain's defense against China), but joined the US in leaving that alliance when the British prepared to declare war on the Ottomans recently. The Prussians have been friendly and helpful to Portugal in Africa in past decades.

I read a lot of history and try to role play the country and government of a country and some of its internal interests. The game backstory is that when Portugal's King Luis went on a long-term scientific sabbatical in the East Indies, Emperor Dom Pedro II of Brazil (who would have been King of Portugal except for the settlement dividing the family lines of inheritance of Brazil and Portugal earlier in the century) took over as regent pending the return of his nephew King Luis (who may return a changed man at any moment!).

Portugal made some colonial concessions (Timor Leste and Madeira) needed to achieve US support for a peaceful resolution of the colonization of the Congo and to provide its support and enter into an Anglo-American alliance with Portugal (representing two strong economies and dominant in the Atlantic). Brazil provided allied military, financial and diplomatic support to Portugal. There are also outstanding treaties of support from Spain (a strong secondary power) and Brazil in the Dropbox (IIRC 1863). Brazil had a DA with Portugal but it was cancelled to avoid getting either party entangled in unrelated conflicts.

Portugal has numerous ground troops, often native units, a small wooden navy focusing on troop transport, and few commanders. IT is designed for national defense.

Research suggested that policies of a non-expansionary defensive Portugal tenaciously focused on maintaining its territories best fit Portuguese history and inclinations as well as the limited resources. Meanwhile, other powers are scrambling for the open regions of Africa nearby. Portugal definitely has too much to do to support an aggressive foreign policy. It is definitely not an economy that can run itself, but not rich enough to demand a lot each turn and can be learned over time. It is a good fun country for a prudently defensive historical role player interested in active diplomacy and attentive management of development, finance and trade.

Well, that's a lot on Portugal, but I know it best and I thought as an avowed Lusitanian you would be interested.

I hope this is useful.

Bart
Private

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm interested in playing Netherlands if possible! Who I have to contact?

nemethand
Colonel

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:40 am

Bart wrote:I'm interested in playing Netherlands if possible! Who I have to contact?

I suggest to pop over to the Paradox forums and there we all try to sort it out, where Soulstrider is also trying to find a country.

Sir Garnet's excellent history in a nutshell should definitely make it easier to make your choice. :-)

Kensai

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi there. Everybody is welcome as long as he can abide to our MP's house rules. The game is not perfect, but it is definitely the best PON experience you can get. :)
Großdeutschland Mod

Bart
Private

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm registred on the paradox forum but can't see the multiplayer part of the forum...

Soulstrider
Major

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Bart wrote:I'm registred on the paradox forum but can't see the multiplayer part of the forum...

You must now register PoN as your game, go to the My Games tab of the forum and insert the serial key.

Sir Garnet

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Once registered, kindly post in the "Anybody want to try a multiplayer" thread

Return to “Pride of Nations”