Nakraal
Civilian

Trasportation Eff. with Tracks?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 am

In the manual saiz that Transportation Efficiency for a region with tracks transporting goods to a collection center which is in region with tracks is 15%(tracks of region 1)+15% (tracks of region 2) = 30%

Now I have the above situation in Nigeria as Prussia but all my agricultural establishments have Transportation Efficiency 0%, thus no output whatsoever.

Is the manual wrong? I checked every establishment the AI has and where tracks the same thing as me.

Is there any way to upgrade to roads? Engineers units or smthing?

yellow ribbon

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 am

just for being sure, do you use the patch 1.02...?
there were similar problems known from a prior beta patch, mislabeling the properties of province. just to make sure its not back.

yes you will be eventually get a reform that creates roads at least in national provinces.
in colonies/protectorates you will get the opportunity to increase development level and transport after you got all colonial cards after the unification of Prussia was successful (in your case)

if military control, colonial penetration and and development level are high enough you will be able to invest in railroads either (in all provinces), which give you a big leap to the higher transport efficiency.

is it only about transport efficiency?
have you already build a harbor, and do you have a merchant fleet in the maritime trade box, thus supply for troops,for instance works fine...?

EDIT:

hum...somewhat misleading (manual 24. November) states:

"Transportation Network
Regional transportation efficiency is equal to the efficiency of the region plus that of its Collection Point region. If
both are the same level, the base efficiency transportation efficiency serving the region is:
• No Road (0% transportation efficiency)
[color="Magenta"]• Track (increases transportation efficiency to 30%)[/color]
• Road (increases transportation efficiency to 60%)
• Railroad (expensive and consumes Coal every turn, but increases transportation efficiency to 100%)
• Double Railroad (later technology; increases transportation efficiency to 120%
• Railroads can be further improved by a total of 20% by two technology levels preceding Double Railroad,
and Double Railroad is improved by an immediate 10% boost to 130% and two further 10% technology
boosts that together can increase its efficiency by 20%, for a maximum of 150%."

Level of Transportation Infrastructure
The final possible modifier is the combined level of transportation efficiency of the infrastructure in the region that
is producing and in the region of the Collection Point (if the same, the number is doubled). Transportation efficiency
affects both inputs and outputs. This is how the system reflects losses and degradation of products and the loss of
time and added costs due to poor-quality transportation.
The game recognizes several levels of transportation infrastructure:
• No Road (Efficiency 0% – lacks connection to any Collection Point)
• Tracks (Efficiency 15%)
• Roads (Efficiency 30%)
• Railroads (built with Level 1 Railroad technology)(Efficiency 50%)
• Double Railroads (built with Level 4 Railroad technology) (Efficiency 60%)
There are 6 levels of Railroad technology. Level 1 allows you to build Railroads, Levels 2 and 3 each add 5% to
efficiency in a region with Railroads, meaning Railroads with these added technologies can reach a maximum of
60% efficiency. Level 4 allows construction of Double Railroads, and also triggers an immediate 5% boost, and
Levels 5 and 6 each add 5% to efficiency in a region with Double Railroads, meaning Double Railroads can reach a
maximum of 75% efficiency (for a 150% modifer if the region and its Collection Point both have such Double
Railroads).
[color="Red"]Thus, if there are only Tracks in both regions, the Efficiency of the transport infrastructure is 30% (which is shown[/color]
on the tooltip for a production structure in the region). If, on the other hand, you have roads in the first region and
railroads in the other, the modifier is 80%. If you have Double Railroads and have mastered the highest level
railroad technologies, the transportation efficiency modifier is 150%.
Understanding the Resource Flow
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

sagji
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:04 pm

I suspect you are using the old manual.
There was a change on name for the various levels, they are now:
Tracks - was None
Road - was Tracks
Major Road - was Road
Railway - unchanged

Once you unify you should get a road building decision that will let you build roads in colonial areas.

yellow ribbon

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm

nay, the calculation he mentioned would be like the updated manual... see my edit above.

but as you confirm, he has to wait for improvements until Prussia is united anyway.

question: have you already build a collection center?

:bonk:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Nakraal
Civilian

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Playing 1.02 and reading the new 1.02 manual.

I builded collection center (also the coll. cntr. map filter verifies that my base region is green and the neighboring brown colored)

Finally I have a merchant fleet in the appropriate sea zone.

I understand that as prussia I will be able to properly colonize after unification.

So tracks are not enough, I have to to have roads+ (or development 40%) ?

Czert
Sergeant

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:27 pm

have similiar question - why I cant build railroads in certan regions in turkey ? It is because they are mountain regions ?
If yes, which tech will enable me to build RR here ?

yellow ribbon

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:48 pm

hello Czert,

i havent played the game since december, so i am not sure whether railroads need a certain level of development in the province or not, y[color="Red"]ou can simply check it in the games folder for the structure when you open the fle with a simple text editor program.[/color]

i think normally you dont need special techs for building there, it just costs you more. the rest only increases the transport efficiency and later one gives you an upgrade for RRs to double RR which you can build over existing RR

excess burden is roughly 30% additional cost for mountain terrain, if i recall right...
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Czert
Sergeant

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Looked at it, and finded that here are no limits - on some regins with same dev I builded RR and on others not, even in same terrain, so it looks strange to me.

yellow ribbon

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 pm

ah, i am sorry for leading you on a false path...

but yesterdays evening it crossed my mind that i had made similar observations not only with RR, thus its a pretty high change of scripted pattern which is supposed to alter with more progressed game.

for instance:

at the pacific coast of the USA i could build RR but no plantations for decades, then i got a scripted city, while not being able to build anything else but RR in that province.

Also i were unable to extend the RR network in the midwest, close to the Rocky Mountains, but few years later i was not a problem at all.

since the provinces in this region are pretty similar and my style to increase development and CP is steadily the same, it is supposed to be anything not strictly related to technologies (only) anyway, i fear...
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Return to “Pride of Nations”