yellow ribbon

public beta 1.01-Oscar 24. September 2011

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:05 am

its airborne,

for registered users at the normal place in the PARADOX forum

QUOTE:

" PON 1.02 Patch candidate (public beta 1.01 serie O, updated Sept 23)
Hopefully it will be one of the last beta patches before the official one...

By popular demand, we are releasing the latest version of PON to everybody! Please note that this version is a "1.02 beta version" meaning that some bugs may remain, and some improvements are still on the radar.
It is safe to say though, that this Public Beta version will provide you an even better gaming experience than the current 1.01 version you are playing with.

STEAM users can patch PON using this setup. You'll have either to make a separate copy of PON and apply the patch there, or be sure to not have Steam 'update' your game, as this would revert it to the last official version, which is 1.01

LINK DELETED ON PURPOSE

FIXES AND NOVELTIES 1.01o (oscar)
Engine & AI
* Economic crisis will appear less often. AI should be able to cope better with inflation impact.
* Troops in regions they can’t stay in anymore can now be redeployed up to 8 regions away to a legal region (before it was 3).
* Objectives are now correctly added to your list of claims.
* Consulate and governor mansion don’t require anymore to have a minimum development level, as it is already checked by the colonial decisions creating these buildings (clearer for gameplay).
* More detailed messages when a decision can’t be used because the structure it will build is invalid. Same for the presence of enemy force (hidden or not), a specific message is added.
* Improved the behaviour of the "Upgrade Structure" button on the new Structures List interface.
* New setting (add it in any .opt file, even a new file), aiDoTakeOver, default is false (0). If true, AI takes over abandonned human turns, if false, it leaves them ‘as is’. Good for PBEM.

Data or Events oriented changes
* Fixed a bug in Austrian Constitution revoked 1851 event
* Added more keys to regenerations of laws and reforms (conditions are now more stringent)
* Added 130 missing or wrongly labelled event pictures (thanks to Berto checking tool)
* Fixed many diplomatic relations that were inverted.
* Added some german alliances with Austria (the southern states have a defensive alliance with AUS now)
* Reduced initial POPNeeds in 20% for all factions.
* Corrected some problems in the obsolete generation path of some structures.
* New Zealand Constitution event fixed.
* Niger Trade Zone has now a liaison with the Gulf of Guinea maritime box.
* Added new portraits for HOL rulers and ministers.
* Streamlined China starting colonial situation.
* Added some cities around China to prevent the starting messages “New city has been founded”.
* Changed Xinjiang, Tibet and Korea status to feudal factions.
* Changed the Port of Venetia to a Naval Base (with a lower level to compensate)"

to all players a nice weekend and thx to the team :indien:

Kensai

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:28 am

* Added some german alliances with Austria (the southern states have a defensive alliance with AUS now)

This is great (and historically accurate)! :w00t:

Cohnman5
Corporal

Ageod/Paradox are wonderful

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks again for Patch O-Oscar. This many patches for a great game shows that both Paradox and AGEOD really listen to the gaming community and try to improve a good game to make it great. All gaming studios should follow your example. I am proud to be part of the Paradox/AGEOD community and will buy MANY more games in the future! :thumbsup:

Cetacea
Corporal

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Where on the Paradox forums do I find this patch? I bought my PON copy from Steam, can't find a product code, therefore cannot register my game with Paradox. But previous 1.01 patches could be installed.

yellow ribbon

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 pm

we are talking here about the BETA PATCH of 1.02... so to say a stepstone to the next patch.

therefore you need to register the game and then you would have access to the subforum of TECH SUPPORT.

AGEOD is bound to Paradox policy to give tech support officially only to registered users, beta patches are considered as such.

i am confident that the day the official patch 1.02 is there and tested sufficiently, it will be public as 1.01 (out-of-the-box) version is.

however, you have steam version?

i thought it already comes as 1.01 and only the patches till 1.01h (public here in the forum) would have been necessary to be added.

if i remember right, you should have two codes, one for steam one for Paradox.

with evidence that you bought it, either STEAm or AGEOD could help you out with a new registration key.
but STEAM should be your first contact regarding it.

Caccio
Sergeant

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:16 am

To follow up on Chonman5's post earlier tonight, I hope we all appreciate how special AGEod is: I've been playing their games a little longer than he by several years, and I continue to be amazed by the unique vision of the two Phils, not just for each game, but for the community of players they attract. If you buy an AGEod game, you don't normally get a finished product as you would from Blizzard (whose games I also play); you get an opportunity to work with the best designers of strategic military simulations in the world today (IMO) to make good games even better by sucking up your occasional frustration and speaking out in this forum. The two Phils may not be perfect, considering all the demands on their time, but they do a better job than anyone else in responding to what their players want, with intelligence and a true sense of history.

freeboy
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 pm

ok.. how can i register the game if Steam does not give me code?

Generalisimo

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Steam will always give you the code... are you sure you are looking in the right place? ;)
Check your games library, right click over PON and check the second link (below "play the game" option)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Pluskat
Conscript

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Guys!

I have a problem. I installed the new oscar patch, and i noticed that there is no new social reforms. I mean i had that reforms but with the new patch those reforms dont appear anymore. Its a a bug or could it be becouse i continued my old game and i dont started a new one?

PS: sorry for my bad english :D

yellow ribbon

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:41 pm

hello pluskat,

please have a look here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22788

the reforms changed a bit:

you need state money and for one of the reforms you need also private capital before you even see them the first time.

for subsidies they will only appear if you have nearly no goods left, below 30 units i guess to recall.

Cohnman5
Corporal

restart your game but don't cry!

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 pm

[quote="Pluskat"]Hi Guys!

I have a problem. I installed the new oscar patch, and i noticed that there is no new social reforms. I mean i had that reforms but with the new patch those reforms dont appear anymore. Its a a bug or could it be becouse i continued my old game and i dont started a new one?

I would highly recommend that you restart the game after you have patched to Oscar. I am playing as France and restarting the game has made it much more playable enabling all social reforms. Viva La France! It is still a difficult game, but very challenging! :bonk:

Return to “Pride of Nations”