Fatboy
Sergeant

English Wording Suggestions

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:41 pm

I would like to start a 'wording suggestions' thread to suggest fixes to some odd but easily corrected PON wording.
I would normally have put this in a 'Help to Improve PON' folder but you don't have one.

#1. "B" Screen Item Tip.
Chile: Total sold: 99, Total requested ...
I have always found this confusing. Is this the number actually sold or the number offered for sale? If the latter shouldn't it say
Chile: Total for sale: 99, Total ...

#2. Message - XXXX has emitted new State Bonds.
It should say XXXX has issued new State Bonds.

Do you have any others you would like to see fixed?

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:00 am

I started a thread on the Paradox forums in a similar vein:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?541018-Nitpicking-Text-Errors

"Emitting" is actually the correct terminology in this case, though it may be a tad confusing to those without a background in finance ;)
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

StephenT
Sergeant

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:11 pm

'Hevea plantations'. I kept getting messages saying Brazil had built these, and I didn't have a clue what it was talking about until I checked Wikipedia: Hevea brasiliensis is the Latin name for the rubber tree. So could I suggest changing the event text to "Rubber plantations"?

PhilThib

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Yes, if this is more common in English, no problem. :)

Feltan
Private

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:27 am

StephenT wrote:'Hevea plantations'. I kept getting messages saying Brazil had built these, and I didn't have a clue what it was talking about until I checked Wikipedia: Hevea brasiliensis is the Latin name for the rubber tree. So could I suggest changing the event text to "Rubber plantations"?

Thank you! I had no idea what that was!

Rubber Plantations -- got it.

Regards,
Feltan

Return to “Pride of Nations”