hgilmer
Captain

Question about Capital....

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:46 am

I understand that the projected balance after the turn can change. But, I'm getting almost no increase after every turn and it is projecting a 200+ increase every time.

Anyone have a clue where the capital is being siphoned to?

DooberGuy
Lieutenant

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:59 am

I believe that when it calculates your projected capital that it is including ALL of the goods that you have for sale. If you do not actually sell some of those goods to foreign nations then the projected income is too high.

e.g. You have 20 iron for sale, but only 15 are bought. That extra 5 iron shows up in the projected income, but isn't in the real income.

Hope that helps.

TheDoctorKing

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 am

There are little sliders on the f4 screen that allow you to set the projected buy and sell success level. The default is 100% each way but I find something around 75% for sales and 50% for purchases to be more reasonable.

You still won't get an exact number for the next turn.

Another way to judge what is going to happen is to hover your pointer over the top line and the tooltip will show you the last so many turns (10 maybe?) and you can tell what the trend line has been.

You can also look at the market for any given commodity in the Balance screen (hotkey "b") and hover over the commodity and you can see how many of that commodity were offered and how many requested last turn. This will give you some hint as to how many of your offering of that item will be bought on the international market. Going to the third line down (?) on the f4 screen for each commodity the tooltip will show you how many will be sold on your domestic market and that calculation is IIRC pretty much certainly correct.

But the bottom line on the f4 screen should be taken with a large amount of salt. :bonk:
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hgilmer
Captain

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:31 pm

I have a lot of corruption. Is this possibly the culprit? I looked at 3 commodities and every one of the items but 1 was lost to waste or corruption.

How do I get rid of corruption and waste?

montgomeryjlion
Captain

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Corruption and waste occur because you have too much of something.
Sell it off.
Look at the B screen, tooltip over the upper right which will tell you how much overage you have.
Sometimes you can't sell anything so you may just have to shut down a factory or extraction site for a while to get back to normal.

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 pm

montgomeryjlion wrote:Sometimes you can't sell anything so you may just have to shut down a factory or extraction site for a while to get back to normal.

This is useful because all factories consume capital and other resources.

So shutting them down can save the proverbial pretty penny... ;)

hgilmer
Captain

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah, I shut down a couple of factories to boost capital.

hgilmer
Captain

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Could it be that I had decided the subsidies of steel? Stopping it says I get more capital. I did it to lower inflation, but if it means I don't generate a decent amount of surplus capital per turn, I guess I'll stop the subsidies.

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 pm

I would like in a next patch the 8 majors getting a working economy at start. In the current situation, you have just the impression you're starting in a plain economical crisis forcing you to close almost all your production facilities...It would be easier to get a working economy at start, with balanced revenues and State funds...even taking into account the 1847 crisis, taking USA in 1850 and closing industries is just painful and unhistorical.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Return to “Pride of Nations”