willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Railroad questions

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:41 am

It appears you can build a railroad over roadless terrain.

So if the railroad is built, there is no need to build a road in that region?

Is it fair to say you should avoid wasting resources to build any roads in regions you are planning to build a railroad in?

The manual says "Rail pools are gradually decreased through wear and tear, but you can buy additional transportation assets (see p. 63) to make up for this, or to increase transportation capacity."

Can't find these assets either on pagge 63 or in the game???

Fun stuff... :D

James D Burns

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:45 am

I found out the hard way if you build a railroad in a roadless region, a road is place instead of a railroad when it is finished. Thus you'll have to pay to build the railroad again to get a railroad into the region.

Jim

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 am

James D Burns wrote:I found out the hard way if you build a railroad in a roadless region, a road is place instead of a railroad when it is finished. Thus you'll have to pay to build the railroad again to get a railroad into the region.

Jim

Oddly, I've had the flip side to that. I thought I was upgrading a road region that actually had a railroad in it and ended up with a double rail. :mdr:

Ok, seriously, the game ought to disallow building rails that some shady government contractor cheaps out with only a road! ;)

James D Burns

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:59 am

willgamer wrote:Ok, seriously, the game ought to disallow building rails that some shady government contractor cheaps out with only a road! ;)

LOL agree. If you take a look at the sierra region just northeast of San Francisco (has gold resources in it) in the save file I attached to the thread Colonial woes, the rail you see in that region is where I learned my lesson. Worst part about it is, after paying for two railroad upgrades, the transport efficiency in the region is now just 75%... :p leure:

Bertram

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 am

As Prussia I seem to have roads in all regions, even before I discover the feat...

Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

painted railroads

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:39 am

Hi.

Some regions show the railroads, when they are already built, and some of them not.
I am playing with Russia and I want to see the railroads, if they are there.

These are my tested register of regions with and without railroad at the map, by the moment :

Original : Moskva-Kaluga-Tver-Novgorov-Petersburg
to West : Moskva-Kaluga-Smolensk-Orsha-Minsk-Boudok-Litauen-Modlin
to East : Moskva-Vladimir-Suzdal ... Perm-Iekaterinburg ... Irtych-Omsk-Rubtsovsk ... Tchuna-Irkutsk
to Finland : Petersburg-Viborg-Helsingors
to the Balcans : Moskva-Tula-Gomel-Chernigov-Kiew-Vinnitza-Podolia
to the Caucas : Moskva-Ryazan-Kursk-Kharkov-Rostov-Kamisch-Tzaritsyn
Other regions with painted railroad : Orel.
Other regions without painted railroad : Galich, Ichim, Kostroma, Krasnoiarsk, Kuban, Kurgan, Kustanai, Lugansk, Magnitogorsk, Mazowsze, Soumy.

Can anyone help me to know which regions will have the painted rails when the railroad is built ? ;) Specially the Transiberian line.
I try to follow the real Transiberian but I am not successful.

PhilThib

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 pm

There are some keys in the engine for RR to be displayed. Of course, obviously, you need a functionning RR....but also each region needs either a city or a 'countryscape' (i.e. farm)...

For the regions with the RR, you can open the AI events files, they are all here... (check CMN Major AI RR Events.sct in Events folder) :cool:

Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:37 pm

PhilThib wrote:For the regions with the RR, you can open the AI events files, they are all here... (check CMN Major AI RR Events.sct in Events folder) :cool:

Reading the file ... I check in my game and write in forum the main railroads :thumbsup:

Czert
Sergeant

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:32 am

Is here any bonus for developing of prov. when is RR present here ? Say if I build RR in prov with 30% (and they have previously road or major road - builded via decisions) will they help it to increse rate at which dev is improved ? With max , say up to 60% ?
If not, it will be resonable to implement it ?

Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 am

Czert wrote:Is here any bonus for developing of prov. when is RR present here ? Say if I build RR in prov with 30% (and they have previously road or major road - builded via decisions) will they help it to increse rate at which dev is improved ? With max , say up to 60% ?
No, it doesn't increase or it's minimal, I have provinces with 30% develoupment with RR in Siberia and Central Asia.
Czert wrote:If not, it will be resonable to implement it ?
Two reasons:
- Troop's transport, very important for USA, Russia or GB in India.
- Increase the production, I have an opium farm in the province of Kyzilkum, with rail the production increases from 2 to 5 units at turn. Develoupment is 56% there.

Czert
Sergeant

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Schwarter, i think you missundereerstanded me.
I will write it with different way.
If region with 30% deveoplment with roads will increase his deveopment to 60% in say 50 years, will building RR here decrease that time to say 40 years ?
If not, will it make sense to implemen it ?
Or even simlier : Give RR bonus to speed of developing region/prov. ? If not, why ?

Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Czert wrote:Schwarter, i think you missundereerstanded me.
I will write it with different way.
If region with 30% deveoplment with roads will increase his deveopment to 60% in say 50 years, will building RR here decrease that time to say 40 years ?
If not, will it make sense to implemen it ?
Or even simlier : Give RR bonus to speed of developing region/prov. ? If not, why ?

Sorry for my english :(
I don't know :neener:
The RR helps the development of a province indirectly, increasing the trade, supply and population, the time and quantity of these increases I don't know.
Roads, comunications... have a direct effect over the development ratio (2%, 4%, 3%...) but RR not, an example : my province of Novosibirsk had 59% a turn before the RR construction and 59% the first turn with RR.

Czert
Sergeant

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm

I think adding some instant bonus to dev when RR is build will make sense, in same way as it gives building of roads.

Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 am

Czert wrote:I think adding some instant bonus to dev when RR is build will make sense, in same way as it gives building of roads.

You are right :)
The best way to know if it is necessary, it's looking the merchant fleet occupation at the turn reports, if it is 0, you can move the fleet to other side.

Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Displayed RR in the map for the Transiberian Rail at the moment ;)

Moskva-Vladimir-Suzdal-Murom-Ninji Novgorov-Saransk-Kazan-Simbirsk-Sarapol-Perm-Iekaterinburg-Cheilabinsk-Troitsk-Ichim-Irtych-Omsk-Rubtsovsk-Barabinsk-Novosibirsk-Abakan-Krasnoiarsk-Tchuna-Irkutsk

Return to “Pride of Nations”