tux
Corporal

License code

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Hello, after ordering the game I got an email with the bill and an activation code. When placing this code into the game, it says, the code is not valid (too few characters). The downloaded game was quite running. What is the pupose of the activation code from the email?

dooya

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:37 pm

tux wrote:Hello, after ordering the game I got an email with the bill and an activation code. When placing this code into the game, it says, the code is not valid (too few characters). The downloaded game was quite running. What is the pupose of the activation code from the email?
If I am not mistaken: the serial for the game is included in the download, i.e., the buyer does not need to type it in. The "short" activation code coming with the email is the code to register the game in the paradox forums to be able to get tech support.
No quote - No bullshit!

Hohenlohe

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 am

dooya wrote:If I am not mistaken: the serial for the game is included in the download, i.e., the buyer does not need to type it in. The "short" activation code coming with the email is the code to register the game in the paradox forums to be able to get tech support.

As I had experienced you get the viable Activation Code as you finish your payment at the AGEOD webshop therefore you should had to print the recipe out with the code inside( it is around 6 blocks of numbers/figures) and then starting the game AGEsettings would pop up as usual and demands the activation key from you.

just my sixpence...

Hohenlohe...
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

caranorn

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:As I had experienced you get the viable Activation Code as you finish your payment at the AGEOD webshop therefore you should had to print the recipe out with the code inside( it is around 6 blocks of numbers/figures) and then starting the game AGEsettings would pop up as usual and demands the activation key from you.

just my sixpence...

Hohenlohe...

That's the old way. With PoN the code you get after buying is only for the Paradox Forum. The code used by the game itself is already listed in Age_settings and should not be changed...
Marc aka Caran...

Caccio
Sergeant

Too (2) Many Codes

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:44 am

OK, call me stupid (you wouldn't be the first!), but owning as many AGEOD games as I do, I already knew that the code I needed to play the game was included in the download when I purchased PON, so I didn't bother to copy the number I got in my email confirmation of my purchase before I deleted it :bonk: . But now I learn that I needed it to sign up for the Paradox forum and tech support! One code should suffice for both, if you want to keep your loyal players happy.

Rafiki

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 am

The code is in your installation; should be straight-forward to retrieve it from there

(Not sure about which exact file it is, though; haven't got PoN available right now so I can check)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Caccio
Sergeant

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Raf, I have a code from the installation, which is the one I need to play the game. But it doesn't work when I try to sign up for the Paradox forum. Are you saying that the different code I need for the Paradox forum is also in the installation?

Rafiki

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm

I thought the serial code used for the Paradox forums was the same as the one used for operating the game. I'll have to look into this; sorry for the inconvenience.

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Generalisimo

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Caccio wrote:OK, call me stupid (you wouldn't be the first!), but owning as many AGEOD games as I do, I already knew that the code I needed to play the game was included in the download when I purchased PON, so I didn't bother to copy the number I got in my email confirmation of my purchase before I deleted it :bonk: . But now I learn that I needed it to sign up for the Paradox forum and tech support! One code should suffice for both, if you want to keep your loyal players happy.

Well, yes, you need to keep that serial key...
The key on the installation cannot be used to register the game on Paradox forum.
I wonder... why you have deleted that email? :D
Contact Pocus directly, you will have to send him some proof of purchase and he will grant you a new key. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Rafiki

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:49 pm

I thought wrong. Thanks, Generalisimo :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Caccio
Sergeant

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Thank you both for your time and trouble. Frankly, it's not that big an issue. I've always gotten the tech support I needed directly from Pocus and the rest of the Ageod community, and I doubt that I'm missing very much on the Paradox forum. More for future planning I was just suggesting that it would be nice to have a single code that works for both things.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Caccio wrote:Thank you both for your time and trouble. Frankly, it's not that big an issue. I've always gotten the tech support I needed directly from Pocus and the rest of the Ageod community, and I doubt that I'm missing very much on the Paradox forum. More for future planning I was just suggesting that it would be nice to have a single code that works for both things.

The problem with that being that there has been sort of a movement that may become very strict to only have patches on the Paradox forums and restricted to people who have registered there.

But, if you got it from the Aegod workshop, Aegod will work with you and probably get you your code, especially if you have the same email you used to buy it. They are really good especially if you have built up a strong relationship of having bought from them and posting constructively on the forums.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 am

One other thing. If you're registered at Paradox, not sure if just registered for the forum, but they gave away Birth of America 2 for free a couple of months ago and I think they gave away Crusader Kings for free as well.

So, you can sometimes get a free game and a good one at that!! Especially Birth of America 2 which I had already paid good money for and am not complaining a bit.

Return to “Pride of Nations”