Conditions
MinDate = 1850/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
EvalIsAtWarWith = FRA
EvalIsAtWarWith = GBR
EvalIsAtWarWith = TUR

Actions

Endevent

this is what is in the crimeancrisis event folder, and from my take is that if russia is at war with just one of those france, britain, or ottoman empire it should fire, well in my game ottoman empire has been at war with Russia for about two to three months starting in April of 1855, and the event was not firing so i went into the event folder to look at it and noticed there is nothing listed under Actions, and checking with other events they usualy have something listed under there, so i was wondering if this was why it was not firing.
Quote General Lee Gettysburg movie,
"Do you see, General, there is the great trap, to be a good soldier you must love the army, to be a good commander you must be ready to order the death of the thing you love. We don't fear our death. But if this war goes on and on and the men die and the price gets ever high. We are prepared to lose some of us, but we are never prepared to lose all of us. We are adrift here in a sea of blood and I want it to end. I want this to be the final battle".

Athens
Brigadier General

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm

cobraII wrote:SelectFaction = $RUS

SelectFaction = $RUS
StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_CrimeanWar|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1850/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
EvalIsAtWarWith = FRA
EvalIsAtWarWith = GBR
EvalIsAtWarWith = TUR

Actions

Endevent

this is what is in the crimeancrisis event folder, and from my take is that if russia is at war with just one of those france, britain, or ottoman empire it should fire, well in my game ottoman empire has been at war with Russia for about two to three months starting in April of 1855, and the event was not firing so i went into the event folder to look at it and noticed there is nothing listed under Actions, and checking with other events they usualy have something listed under there, so i was wondering if this was why it was not firing.

No, Russia MUST be at war with France, Britain and Ottoman empire for firing the event. WAD, even if IMHO some work has yet to be done to push France and britain toward war against Russia in such a case, depending of course how deterministic PON developpers want the game to be...
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Husky
Sergeant

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Athens wrote:No, Russia MUST be at war with France, Britain and Ottoman empire for firing the event. WAD, even if IMHO some work has yet to be done to push France and britain toward war against Russia in such a case, depending of course how deterministic PON developpers want the game to be...

You want to say "Russia MUST NOT be at war" probably ;)

Athens
Brigadier General

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Husky wrote:You want to say "Russia MUST NOT be at war" probably ;)

No , Must be at war :)

EvalIsAtWarWith = <Faction tag>

Description

Test if the currently section faction is at war with <Faction tag> faction.

The contrary command is EvalIsAtPeaceWith = <Faction tag>

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Husky
Sergeant

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Athens wrote:No , Must be at war :)

EvalIsAtWarWith = <Faction tag>

Description

Test if the currently section faction is at war with <Faction tag> faction.

The contrary command is EvalIsAtPeaceWith = <Faction tag>

But you can see that there is NO actions in script if EvalIsAtWar !

On the contrary there is a lot of action if EvalIsAtPeace :

Conditions
MinDate = 1852/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = FRA
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = GBR
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = TUR
Probability = 25
DescEvent = evt_desc_CMN_NewDipOption

Actions
GenTextMsg = opt_notify_RUS_CrimeanCrisisAvailable;1;NULL;NULL;NULL
ChangeActorPool = $gmaOptionGov;MaxUse;1;MaxChoices;2; .......

So if you want to have Crimean War event Russia MUST NOT be at war with this 3 countries.

PhilThib

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:21 pm

This event has been fixed in the upcoming patch. Sorry for this, there was a condition missing.

What it will do is the following: the event checks there is no war already (WAD) and then a new government option will pop up in the F1 screen of Russia...

Basically, the option will offer Russia either to press on (with risk of almost sure war) or play some gamble to cool things down... :cool:

Athens
Brigadier General

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Husky wrote:But you can see that there is NO actions in script if EvalIsAtWar !

On the contrary there is a lot of action if EvalIsAtPeace :

Conditions
MinDate = 1852/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = FRA
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = GBR
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = TUR
Probability = 25
DescEvent = evt_desc_CMN_NewDipOption

Actions
GenTextMsg = opt_notify_RUS_CrimeanCrisisAvailable;1;NULL;NULL;NULL
ChangeActorPool = $gmaOptionGov;MaxUse;1;MaxChoices;2; .......

So if you want to have Crimean War event Russia MUST NOT be at war with this 3 countries.

No, you're confusing conditions and action.

An event may have no action. It just serves as a tracker used as condition to fire other events. I use them a lot in my mods since some years ;)

Here we had an error of script explaining the lack of actions, but once again, this event will fire only if the conditions of war between Russia, France, UK and Turkey are fulfilled. Conditions aren't actions. Without action, this event is just a flag indicating the Crimean war has occured. Could be useful for other events activating units or political choices only if war has occured...

The mostb important is the whole will be fixed in the next patch :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Athens wrote:No, Russia MUST be at war with France, Britain and Ottoman empire for firing the event. WAD, even if IMHO some work has yet to be done to push France and britain toward war against Russia in such a case, depending of course how deterministic PON developpers want the game to be...

I think Russia& Ottoman war should be sufficient to fire the event in the mentioned years. Historically It was first called as Ottoman-Russian war, the reason GB and Fr joined was, Constantinople was in a danger to be sieged after OE navy was sinked by Russian navy in Sinop to bring supplies to resistance against Russian advances in balkans.

Husky
Sergeant

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:15 am

Athens wrote:No, you're confusing conditions and action.

An event may have no action. It just serves as a tracker used as condition to fire other events. I use them a lot in my mods since some years ;)

Here we had an error of script explaining the lack of actions, but once again, this event will fire only if the conditions of war between Russia, France, UK and Turkey are fulfilled. Conditions aren't actions. Without action, this event is just a flag indicating the Crimean war has occured. Could be useful for other events activating units or political choices only if war has occured...

The mostb important is the whole will be fixed in the next patch :)

You not right. In this script we have condition - peace (EvalIsAtPeaceWith = FRA) and action - possible war (opt_notify_RUS_CrimeanCrisisAvailable).

And PhilThib confirmed that this event will fire only if the conditions "is no war already" between Russia, France, UK and Turkey are fulfilled.

But sure it will be fixed anyway ;)

Athens
Brigadier General

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:27 am

Husky wrote:You not right. In this script we have condition - peace (EvalIsAtPeaceWith = FRA) and action - possible war (opt_notify_RUS_CrimeanCrisisAvailable).

And PhilThib confirmed that this event will fire only if the conditions "is no war already" between Russia, France, UK and Turkey are fulfilled.

But sure it will be fixed anyway ;)

I'm talking about this event:

SelectFaction = $RUS

SelectFaction = $RUS
StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_CrimeanWar|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1850/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
EvalIsAtWarWith = FRA
EvalIsAtWarWith = GBR
EvalIsAtWarWith = TUR

Actions

Endevent

Obviously, we aren't talking about the same... :)

Return to “Pride of Nations”