bobbob
Corporal

Pre-order?

Thu May 26, 2011 3:26 am

Will we be able to preorder the game thru the Ageod site? If we can will it include the Spanish-American War senario?

Czert
Sergeant

Thu May 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Cant wait for relase. How many days left to relase ?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Pre-Order

Thu May 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Czert wrote:Cant wait for relase. How many days left to relase ?

June 7.

count taaffe
Sergeant

Thu May 26, 2011 3:46 pm

This is good news :coeurs:

Unfortunately we won't need the demo anymore :neener:

RobC04
Corporal

Thu May 26, 2011 3:56 pm

count taaffe wrote:This is good news :coeurs:

Unfortunately we won't need the demo anymore :neener:

I do! I need to see if it is worth buying! I haven't been a fan of the other AGEOD games but this one looks very interesting.

Cindel5
Conscript

Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 am

I would think this is precisely why a demo would be put out - to allow us to see how the game goes and if we like it we will get it.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 am

Cindel5 wrote:I would think this is precisely why a demo would be put out - to allow us to see how the game goes and if we like it we will get it.

They were planning on having one out by now, but it looks like they're focusing on finishing touches for the full game.

I'm happy that's the route they're taking, too; rather see the full game in better order than getting my hands on a demo, 10 days beforehand, that only has 8 turns (or whatnot).

gekkoguy82
Major

Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 am

They're getting my twenty bucks regardless, I'm not even going to try and fight it :evilgrin:

hgilmer
Captain

If they actually want people to pre-order...

Fri May 27, 2011 2:46 am

They need to start setting that up now, I would think. Not much good to pre-order after it is released.

Franciscus

Fri May 27, 2011 7:09 am

NefariousKoel wrote:They were planning on having one out by now, but it looks like they're focusing on finishing touches for the full game.

I'm happy that's the route they're taking, too; rather see the full game in better order than getting my hands on a demo, 10 days beforehand, that only has 8 turns (or whatnot).

Not so. Physical copies will be sold on 10 June by Amazon uk, which means that the "gold" master must be finished by now. Maybe that are preparing a release patch, which might explain the demo delay.

Anyhow, it's common practice to release demos days or weeks AFTER a game's release.

What I do not understand is why there are no digital copies pre-orders, specially because they already exist for Amazon's physical version... :confused: (BTW, they are selling it at 14.99£)

(probably another Paradox "decision" :bonk: :mdr :)

count taaffe
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 11:52 am

gekkoguy82 wrote:They're getting my twenty bucks regardless, I'm not even going to try and fight it :evilgrin:

I agree - same over here.

Anyhow I would like to see a demo in the next few days coming - just to get a feeling for the gameplay.

Come on guys at AGEOD - release the DEMO - mid of May is long gone ;) ;) ;)

PLEASE

cato12
Private

Fri May 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Franciscus wrote:
Anyhow, it's common practice to release demos days or weeks AFTER a game's release.

this isnt strictly true. most of the paradox games have demos released before the full game and i could name loads more (civ, total war etc).

ive got a funny feelin we wont see the demo till at least monday although it would be great to have it today.

Czert
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 pm

This is FIRST ageod game i download demo. All other was directly full games.

Bruit Bleu

Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 am

Does the pre-order version still have a bonus scenario ?
If so, will the Ageod webshop propose to pre-order ?
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

PhilThib

Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 am

Yes, pre-order version has bonus...but AGEOD webshop does not have pre-order version available unfortunately :(

Franciscus

Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 pm

PhilThib wrote:Yes, pre-order version has bonus...but AGEOD webshop does not have pre-order version available unfortunately :(

Gamersgate has pre-order available. :thumbsup:
Is this the version with bonus also ?

Respenus

Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 pm

PhilThib wrote:Yes, pre-order version has bonus...but AGEOD webshop does not have pre-order version available unfortunately :(

/rant/

You have to be f***ing kidding me. :mad:

Any chance of buying the additional scenario afterwards? I hope so, if not for anyone else, than for the people who will decide to buy the game some time after the release...Paradox can go screw themselves. Imposing that kind of business model on AgeOD.

/end rant/

caranorn

Tue May 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Would be good if you could find a way to give the bonus scenario to loyal customers here. I certainly won't oder anywhere else, even if it's just out of habit...
Marc aka Caran...

Generalisimo

Tue May 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Franciscus wrote:Gamersgate has pre-order available. :thumbsup:
Is this the version with bonus also ?

Yes, it should... wait for the confirmation if you want (because it is not stated in the product description yet)... but AFAIK, I am sure it should include the bonus. :D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Franciscus

Tue May 31, 2011 5:45 pm

caranorn wrote:Would be good if you could find a way to give the bonus scenario to loyal customers here. I certainly won't oder anywhere else, even if it's just out of habit...

I have always ordered all Ageod games through their webshop, to better support them.
I do not know if that still makes sense now, that Ageod is part of Paradox. It may even be the case that "strategically" it might be better for the Phils to have good sales via Gamersgate...

I would like to know what is the best way to buy, in order to continue supporting the devs ?

(PS: Until now, no mention of the bonus scenario is available on Gamersgate)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Franciscus wrote:I have always ordered all Ageod games through their webshop, to better support them.
I do not know if that still makes sense now, that Ageod is part of Paradox. It may even be the case that "strategically" it might be better for the Phils to have good sales via Gamersgate...
I would like to know what is the best way to buy, in order to continue supporting the devs ?

Problem is Gamersgate is a DRM almost as Steam, as internet is required to install:
Gg FAQ wrote:Can I download a game on one computer and install it on another one?
Yes, you can.
1) Copy the download file and the temp folder as they are located near each other
2) Paste on another computer that has connection to the internet
3) Run the download file and fill in the login/password if necessary
4) The installation process will start automatically, if the temporary folder is in place, since it will find the install files.
NOTE: Internet connection is required for performing the installation process. Installation cannot be made manually. It is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/faq
Many says the Gg drm is easily craked, but someday Gg could want to enforce it.
However, this faq answer is not good:
4) If Gamersgate site no longer exist or is out of order, the installation won't proceed...

Games at Ageod need nothing special once game and key are downloaded at purchase, they will be still working if Ageod site (or even internet) is out ot order.

marcusjm
Colonel

Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 pm

No you don't. If you download it you have it.

Internet is required to download the game but it is hardly a drm system.

Generalisimo

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:05 am

ERISS wrote:Problem is Gamersgate is a DRM almost as Steam, as internet is required to install:

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/faq
Many says the Gg drm is easily craked, but someday Gg could want to enforce it.
However, this faq answer is not good:
4) If Gamersgate site no longer exist or is out of order, the installation won't proceed...

Games at Ageod need nothing special once game and key are downloaded at purchase, they will be still working if Ageod site (or even internet) is out ot order.

Well, I haven't bought recently games on GG, my last two "big" games were Shogun II and Dragon Age II and I bought them on Steam. ;)
But when I bought HoI3 (and the expansion) I just had to use the GG platform to download the game and then I installed it normally.
I kept the files on my HD, so when I installed the game on the notebook, I just had to copy and paste the files from the desktop to the notebook... that was it. ;)

Maybe they have changed the system recently... but I don't think so... :eyebrow:
Napoleon Bonaparte

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 am

Generalisimo wrote:I kept the files on my HD, so when I installed the game on the notebook, I just had to copy and paste the files from the desktop to the notebook.

Maybe your notebook had a wifi connection.
Or maybe Gg decided since long not to use their DRM, but officially it's here (as explained in their faq: internet needed to install) and they could decide to make it back.

Grim.Reaper
Conscript

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 am

What I have seen happen when using GG, you first have to run their installer the very first time, but during that time it dumps things to a temp directory which has a normal setup.exe type file and such. You can then copy those contents elsewhere and if in the future you need to install, you just run those files. Pretty sure you don't have to be attached to the Internet after that. Personally, that is why I like using them versus something like Steam.

gekkoguy82
Major

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 am

Grim is quite right, all you need after the initial download from their website really is a serial key if applicable. Once downloaded, the little downloader program gives you the option of removing the temporary download files or not. I haven't gotten games like Shogun 2 though, so maybe those are different.

Athens
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 pm

I've taken a look to the bonus scenario. Focused on military matter ( no economic advanced rules)and some diplomatic features.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Pocus

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

At worse if (and I say if) Ageod can't have the preorder bonus with the preorder version, then it will be more of a logistic problem than anything else, i.e not a specific will to have GG with the preorder bonus and not Ageod (which is part of paradox anyway now)

So we will mail to people the bonus scenario, should it is not given to you when you preorder.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Generalisimo

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:39 pm

ERISS wrote:Maybe your notebook had a wifi connection.
Or maybe Gg decided since long not to use their DRM, but officially it's here (as explained in their faq: internet needed to install) and they could decide to make it back.

Well, it does have WIFI, but nope, I was not using it... really, I was in Mar del Plata on holidays... :D

What you describe is what you need to do with Steam, not GG... ;)
Napoleon Bonaparte

Respenus

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Pocus wrote:At worse if (and I say if) Ageod can't have the preorder bonus with the preorder version, then it will be more of a logistic problem than anything else, i.e not a specific will to have GG with the preorder bonus and not Ageod (which is part of paradox anyway now)

So we will mail to people the bonus scenario, should it is not given to you when you preorder.

Yay! Now, when do we get the possibility to buy directly from Ageod?

Return to “Pride of Nations”