veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:11 am

Weeeeeeelllll... I don't think posting a screenie or a 15 liner about a concept in the game will get in the way of developping...

All i want is AGEOD to not lose my customership (sic)... I bought PARADOX Games than lost interest, I bought Matrixgames than lost interest, I have bought AACW, loved it, still play it once in a while albeit less and less, and I find myself coming here only to check what's on for Vainglory since NCP and Rise of Prussia don't appeal to me..

I don't think AGEOD doing a bit of PR will hurt game development...

Franciscus

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:32 am

veji1 wrote:Weeeeeeelllll... I don't think posting a screenie or a 15 liner about a concept in the game will get in the way of developping...
(...)
I don't think AGEOD doing a bit of PR will hurt game development...

+1 :thumbsup:

A developer's diary, maybe ? (or a beta's diary ? ;) )

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:03 pm

By the way I don't mean to be rude or aggressive, don't get me wrong... Just that I have no idea at this stage where this game is going, honestly, and I would really like to be given tiny elements of indications as to what it might look like in the end (screen and mainly conceptwise...).

Generalisimo

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Franciscus wrote:+1 :thumbsup:

A developer's diary, maybe ? (or a beta's diary ? ;) )

Well, you need to wonder... is it good to announce X new feature of the game when another "similar" game has been announced? :siffle: :D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

MrT
Colonel

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Or is it better to let interest in your product die off, while the other been fresh and new generates more interest?

Franciscus

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Well, you need to wonder... is it good to announce X new feature of the game when another "similar" game has been announced? :siffle: :D

I may be misunderstanding you, and if so, my apologies. But your reasoning although understandable, seems slightly paranoid IMHO... :blink: . Are you so afraid of the competition ??. Is VGN going to be a secret project until release ??
If so, that is a strange decision. And that's not usual in the gaming industry AFAIK. Just an example, but 2 good RPG are imminent - Risen and Dragon Ages. The previews, printed and otherwise, have been pretty extensive and useful (I will go for Dragon Ages, btw:coeurs :) .
I must say that I agree with MrT's views of the probable consequences of your silence.
But I will stop here. Before WW1 release I was misinterpreted by Korrigan over a similar argument, and one time is enough :)
Regards

Generalisimo

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Franciscus wrote:I may be misunderstanding you, and if so, my apologies...

Naaaa... don't take me serious about that... I was just making fun of the fact that a "new" competitor was recently announced. :D

There are different theories about "how to use marketing for your product" so we can start discussing about that forever.... something that has nothing to do with VGN really... :siffle:
But, for example, creating all the "hype" about your product too early, can really make your customers fade away with time...or even make them get a wrong impression about the game (remember, sometimes the FIRST impression is what it counts in the end ;) ).
So, "timing" is essential to not waste your effort and money. ;)

That's why, you will have to wait to see more details about VGN... sorry, but there is another game that it is more near the release date right now.

Obviously, if I was you, I will NOT like to wait and will want more screenshots and things not today, not tomorrow... YESTERDAY!! :grr:
:D
Napoleon Bonaparte

Pocus

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Developer's Diary #1: Yesterday and today I was working on the new Amphibious AI algorithms and saw that the Jap AI was concentrating transports in the Edo region to invade nearby Port Arthur.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Pocus wrote:Developer's Diary #1: Yesterday and today I was working on the new Amphibious AI algorithms and saw that the Jap AI was concentrating transports in the Edo region to invade nearby Port Arthur.

YEEEAAHHH! :thumbsup: :happyrun: :happyrun: :winner: :coeurs: :wacko:

Heemm,... I mean, thank you so much for sharing this with us :D :love:

TiFlo
Captain

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:38 pm

:laugh: Gotta love the informal format of your DD Philippe!!

PS: Thank you for the (however brief) insight :)
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

dooya

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Pocus wrote:Developer's Diary #1: Yesterday and today I was working on the new Amphibious AI algorithms and saw that the Jap AI was concentrating transports in the Edo region to invade nearby Port Arthur.
Translation to plain English:
Spent a day at the beach yesterday. Man, the water was so crowded with tourists from Japan.
:niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

Palpat
Colonel

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 am

Now that's a Dev diary!

No fancy useless things like others. :D

MrT
Colonel

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:57 am

@ dooya, rofl.

boajack
Private

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Any further news? This forum became quite silent.

Pocus

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Yes, we will post several screenshots monday :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Syt
Colonel

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:52 am

Nice to know and looking forward to it. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The brutality and inhumanity of war stood in great contrast to what I had heard and read about as a youth.
- Reinhold Spengler, war volunteer 1st Bavarian Infanterie Regmnt., 1916

boajack
Private

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Something new on the western front? That it always takes so long until promissing games are ready ;)

Pocus

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 am

VGN is still some months away. We will post new screenshots soon. though.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 pm

So it's the summer and all and I figure, wouldn't it be a good time to show us a goodie or two to keep us coming back here once in a while ?

kingtaso01
Private

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm happy for all summer if you tell me one general with his ratings and skills that we can identify from previous games. That way we'll have something to discuss (like the officer room in AACW).

Of course, if you cannot do it, then there's no problem, but if you can put one general, then you'll make my day

Generalisimo

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:46 pm

veji1 wrote:So it's the summer and all and I figure, wouldn't it be a good time to show us a goodie or two to keep us coming back here once in a while ?

AGEOD is "on vacation" right now... you will have to wait until August. ;)

Meanwhile, for you to know, the game has been advancing a lot and apart from a lot of new code from Pocus, some new scenarios have been added recently... sadly, I can't confirm you their name right now... :siffle: :D
Napoleon Bonaparte

Generalisimo

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:52 pm

kingtaso01 wrote:I'm happy for all summer if you tell me one general with his ratings and skills that we can identify from previous games. That way we'll have something to discuss (like the officer room in AACW).

Of course, if you cannot do it, then there's no problem, but if you can put one general, then you'll make my day

pfff... there are thousands of military leaders in VGN... thousands!!! :w00t:
Ranging from Commanders in Chief (von Moltke anyone? :siffle :) to colonial leaders, like Thomas Edward Lawrence (you know who he is, right? :neener :) .
Napoleon Bonaparte

kingtaso01
Private

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 pm

:dada:

Too bad I don't have a face hitting a brick wall to represent the other way I'm feeling, since I probably won't have internet during August. Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kingtaso01
Private

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Von Moltke was exactly the general I had in my mind. I didn't really know who Thomas is (more of a WWII guy here, from the Great War I only know some general in the Western Europe theater), so I just decided to check his biography at wikipedia (quite the general, I must say).

Ah, to give my little bit of help, if you need some opinions on latin american generals (especially in Venezuela, since I live there), I'll gladly give mine out. Of course, I don't know which generals will appear in latin america, but I can give some generals to put in game.

Generalisimo

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:35 pm

kingtaso01 wrote:Von Moltke was exactly the general I had in my mind. I didn't really know who Thomas is (more of a WWII guy here, from the Great War I only know some general in the Western Europe theater), so I just decided to check his biography at wikipedia (quite the general, I must say).

Ah, to give my little bit of help, if you need some opinions on latin american generals (especially in Venezuela, since I live there), I'll gladly give mine out. Of course, I don't know which generals will appear in latin america, but I can give some generals to put in game.

Well, Venezuela back in those (turmoil) times, had the bad idea of letting the military men command the politics of the country. :blink:
For example, Juan Vicente Gomez is included as a VNZ (=Venezuela ;) ) General... but also as President... like almost all VNZ military leaders around this era. :(
Napoleon Bonaparte

tyrex
Colonel

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:31 pm

kingtaso01 wrote: I didn't really know who Thomas is (more of a WWII guy here, from the Great War I only know some general in the Western Europe theater), so I just decided to check his biography at wikipedia (quite the general, I must say)..

Try to read "the seven pillars of wisdom" or see the movie "Lawrence of Arabia"

kingtaso01
Private

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Haha, true, here in Venezuela we put up with military leaders for the first 128 years of our country. Is there any way I can give you information about latin American generals without crowding the forum. Also, VEN is more used than VNZ, but I'm not a developer, so it doesn't matter. If VNZ is easier, use that one.

Generalisimo

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 pm

kingtaso01 wrote:Haha, true, here in Venezuela we put up with military leaders for the first 128 years of our country. Is there any way I can give you information about latin American generals without crowding the forum. Also, VEN is more used than VNZ, but I'm not a developer, so it doesn't matter. If VNZ is easier, use that one.

VNZ is the TAG of the nation used in game (for scenarios definition and all that)... nothing more... just like PEU is Peru or CLM is Colombia... ;)
It's just a convention... and VEN is already used by someone else... maybe you can guess who. :siffle: :D

Now talking specifically about VNZ military leaders, you can send me an email to:
fernandoturi AT gmail DOT com
In spanish if you want... ;)
Napoleon Bonaparte

Generalisimo

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 pm

tyrex wrote:Try to read "the seven pillars of wisdom" or see the movie "Lawrence of Arabia"

Exacty, most of the people know him because of that movie... :thumbsup:
Napoleon Bonaparte

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 pm

hmm. :) lawrance of arabia a hero or try to manintain arab nationalism for Imperialists , a good spy for british against the Ottoman :) for sure...

Return to “Pride of Nations”