Don Powell
Sergeant

Is this still the Best Strategy Guide around for PON ?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm

https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/35485/PON%20Strategy%20Guide%20v2.pdf

It has some useful tips but I was looking for a more combat specific focus as my Austrian ally is pulling me into war with the Ottomans much earlier than I had thought.

I have some strong forces gathered in Odessa and Georgia but am looking to optimize the stack strengths vs CP etc and possibly move forward with multiple stacks - hopefully capable of supporting each other.

I need to move fairly fast - since in my last game, Austria skipped down to Constantinople and sat on it before I could get there. That's 200 objective points for Russia - so I can't afford to let that happen in this new game.

Durk

Re: Is this still the Best Strategy Guide around for PON ?

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:11 am

Probably the AARs in this forum are the best strategy guides. There are several focus upon economics, but a few focus upon the battles. Do you play other AGEOD titles? If so, something like AJE or WIA are very similar militarily.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Re: Is this still the Best Strategy Guide around for PON ?

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:12 am

Thanks Durk.

I have several but always come back to PON.

I had an old PON game going (on a computer that died the True Death) where I mounted some successful campaigns but there has been a long gap and I forgot what I did to effectively manage the bulk forces vs Command Penalty. :bonk:

I'll peek at the AARs to see what other folks have done. Was just checking to see if someone had already made a study and gotten it down into some bullet points.

Return to “Pride of Nations”