sirhiggins
Sergeant

always coal..

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi Guys,

One huge problem again, with Germany in this case.
Simply i can't product any coal -or i can but it's disappearing.

For example, i started this turn with -44 coal.
You can see the production, facilities here.

[ATTACH]37138[/ATTACH][ATTACH]37139[/ATTACH]

Everything is up and running.
But it's still ended with -53 in the next turn.
It's the same if i tried to buy ~100 units of coal, but still no increasing stock...

[ATTACH]37140[/ATTACH]
Attachments
PON 2016-01-24 16-45-41-31.jpg
PON 2016-01-24 16-45-52-22.jpg
PON 2016-01-24 16-45-32-06.jpg

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Do your coal mines have their inputs? If they're missing one, they won't produce any coal. Also, depending on whence you're trying to buy coal, you could be facing competition for scarce resources and losing.
Also, regarding the -53 coal: you have a stock of 14 coal minus 67 for ships and trains.

sirhiggins
Sergeant

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Yes, 14coal, but how if i started with that turn with minus forty-something?
And the production has to be +754 -if i'm right, which is much more than the expenses.
I'll check the inputs soon.

Interesting, the input is capital and mech.pts, but the expenses of mechanical parts are zero... anyway,
all of the coal mines seems working under F11.

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:08 pm

That's it. You don't have enough mechanical parts to run your coal mines. Get more of those and this will right itself.
You can't start a turn with negative coal. It just says negative. It won't actually evaluate to that; instead, you'll lose some railway capacity or ship strength or something.

sirhiggins
Sergeant

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:55 pm

I'll try.
It said capital is used because of the lack of coal... still i donno how can i burn capital instead of coal on board my ships :)

But am i right if i thought that if i havn't got any neccessary resource, the AI will buy it for me from the market?

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:42 pm

The AI will not buy anything for you. Using capital means the government is spending emergency money to keep the rails and ships going. Presumably it's spending more than coal actually costs. If you're short 53 coal, and coal costs 2, 3, or 4 pounds (sounds better than "money"), then the cost of procuring the coal yourself is 106, 159, or 212. I presume the emergency spending is more than that. Also, if you intend to industrialize, your factories will not run even if you manage to scrape together the coal to build them.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:27 am

sirhiggins wrote:Yes, 14coal, but how if i started with that turn with minus forty-something?
And the production has to be +754 -if i'm right, which is much more than the expenses.
I'll check the inputs soon.

Interesting, the input is capital and mech.pts, but the expenses of mechanical parts are zero... anyway,
all of the coal mines seems working under F11.

I had this in my AAR, you can see the discussion and the solutions here - you'll need to read a few of the following posts as well.

Basically, if you have some but not enough of an input (coal is the usual culprit), the planned production will show as if it was all available (the AI routine will assume you can buy what you need - as long as you have current orders etc). The only solution is to work out how much of the shortage good you actually have and then make sure that actual usage matches this amount (not the notional level). its a bit of a fiddle but also its a one-off task, get things back onto a secure setting and you can run the economy as normal. Also, if you have say a coal shortage, you have no control over how the AI allocates the available stock - far better to set your own priorities etc
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Pride of Nations”