Erostratus
Corporal

Any one know how the game models pricing is it random or somewhat random?

Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Question about commodity pricing is subject, thank you.

bwiser
Private

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Erostratus wrote:Question about commodity pricing is subject, thank you.

Loki recently said it is random. He also made a good point in comparing it to the more "realistic" model of Vicky 2, which overall comes across to the player as more opaque and rather generic where I tend to agree

For me there are other aspects in PON's market model which are way more important than a pseudo-realstic Demand-Supply model:
- separation of public and private money
- domestic market and international trade via trade nodes and an important role of merchant fleets
- the connection between private and public money via taxes
- installation of goods collection centers when needed

All things which are not rendered in any other game I know of. This list is not exhaustive I guess - that was just on the top of my head....

Erostratus
Corporal

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:02 pm

I agree with what you say but i imagine there are floors for pricing like gold or luxury goods, gems, etc.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Erostratus wrote:I agree with what you say but i imagine there are floors for pricing like gold or luxury goods, gems, etc.

I think there are basically three price ranges. Normal, and this is set in the game files. Inflated and Deflated ... and I think these are random and event driven.

there are aspects of demand and supply in the game but its not about price. A good eg is shipyards, for 90% of the game these are loss making vanity projects, but if there is a big war, or one of the times with a major leap in technology, you'll find that individual state demand for replacements and new ships will suddenly make your production highly selleable. Doesn't as such alter the price though.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Pride of Nations”