ifailmore
Sergeant

nooby qsns mainly economics

Fri May 22, 2015 5:48 am

Im used to playing VIC2 but liked the ageod engine better (supplies,postures etc)

Im playing glorious russia very stronk!

one of the vic tips were disband glorious navy then disband glorious cavalry if Russia got glorious army.So I did :)

Now I know that raw materials is what russia got but no wealth and transportation. Is it better for me to paint the important places where theres abundance of raw materials with railroad?

When I put a cereal farm on a 3 cereal province does it use up 1 ? ( and the output of that 1 makes it to 2) because I notice that it disappears on the on map icons. Can I Put 2 other cereal farm on top of that province?

Do I need to go to war to get the glorious city vlaviodstok? or is there an event?

James D Burns

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 pm

I never disband anything as Russia, especially the cavalry. They are the best troops you have for quelling unrest. You will miss those cavalry when strikes start popping up everywhere. Russia can afford to keep what it has and then some so why disband it? You are just limiting your future options, not to mention the fact you will have to pay to rebuild those units eventually.

Russia is pretty far behind the rest of the world as far as industrialization goes. I wouldn’t spend resources trying to pump up a cereal farm with railroad early game. You have far more vital strategic concerns to deal with first. First interconnect all your major cities in the west by rail, then slowly build the trans-Siberian railway.

You have no hope of holding onto your territories in the Far East until you get a rail line built that goes all the way to Vladivostok. It’ll probably take decades.

As for resources look for regions with lots of identical resources and build in those regions first for the bonus income. When you build farms or mines never build more than half the number of resources. So if you have four or five resources only build 2, six or seven resources build 3. There is a bonus to your income if you build more than half but less than the total number present, but I think half or less gets you the max bonus income possible based on abundant resources.

Later in game when you are more industrialized and can afford it, you can look to start building rails to regions with lots of farms or mines. But early game get your country connected lest you find yourself taking half a year or more to get troops to a threatened theater only to find you now need them back where they started.

Use colonialism to gain Vladivostok I think, not 100% sure though, there may be some events too.

Jim

Darthkommandant
Private

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:25 pm

I like like how I stole Memeland from Russia during the 1868 polish uprising. :) As Germoney obviously

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:34 pm

This game is very different from Victoria 2, both in layout and function.
In Victoria 2 you were told to disband your army to save money. In this game, there are 2 types of money: government money and private money. Government money builds armies and navies, invests in research, and performs actions such as bribing colonial chiefs and building sewers; private money builds industry. Disbanding the army makes you weaker and does not help you build.
In the economics screen, each black dash on one of the circles represents how many of that type of building you can build in that province. New RGO facilities (gold mines, cereal farms, etc.) reflect the economic principle of diminishing marginal returns: each successive farm/mine/ranch produces less than the one before (factories are immune to this). Specifically, "availability modifier" works like this:
100% + (built - maximum + 2) * 5%
So if you build your allotment in a province, each farm gets only 90% of total production. If you have 2 provinces that can build wheat structures and don't yet have any, build your first one in the province with a higher maximum. Provinces with existing structures get messy because you have to factor in the reduced output of existing structures. The icon disappearing may be a glitch; it should come back next turn.
Since Russia is so long, Jim's suggestion is smart. After that, yes, putting railroads in high-productivity regions to maximize economic effect is a good idea provided you have the money. Note by "high productivity" I mean "produces valuable goods" not "produces many goods". If you have a choice between putting a railroad in Ukraine to benefit 4 cereal farms versus in Siberia (or wherever) to benefit 1 gold mine, focus on the gold. If, however, that province in Ukraine also has some highly profitable industry such as manufactured goods (at some periods, anyway), you should probably build there because the gold is likely to be in mountains, which makes building everything, including railroads, (75%?) more expensive.
I can't help you regarding Vladivostok; I've never played as Russia, and since I'm used to reading Paradox's event code, AGEod's comes across as clunky and not very comprehensible.

Return to “Pride of Nations”