choros22
Conscript

No ability to offer peace?

Thu May 29, 2014 2:18 am

As Russia I have been taking over China building up warscore to demand some colonies. I have actually secured virtually all of china other than Tibet. The war score was gradually rising but when it hit around 1000 (~50% of my goal) the option completely disappeared!

Why has the ability to offer a peace gone? Does it have something to do with total war? Did that suddenly turn on? Is there a work around or hack so I can just input my demands or do I have to completely occupy China from now on...

HerrDan

Thu May 29, 2014 2:51 am

choros22 wrote:As Russia I have been taking over China building up warscore to demand some colonies. I have actually secured virtually all of china other than Tibet. The war score was gradually rising but when it hit around 1000 (~50% of my goal) the option completely disappeared!

Why has the ability to offer a peace gone? Does it have something to do with total war? Did that suddenly turn on? Is there a work around or hack so I can just input my demands or do I have to completely occupy China from now on...

Hi and welcome to the forums choros22, there are many ways to solve your problem, but first we need some information about your game, the version etc.

It would be easy to give you anything you want in game through event, but the most important thing here is to understand what is happening in your game, so some screenshots would also be nice. I have to ask you if they have sent you a peace offer, because then it would be in "Treaty to Reply", so that you wouldn't be able to send them a peace offer if there's an offer "pending". Check it please and report back. :)

choros22
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 3:13 am

Hi

Well im using a steam version 1.04 I think.

They used to send me peace offers every second turn and it would block me but they stopped doing that. I changed faction to them and they dont have an option to offer me peace either. What is a good way to send a screen shot?

HerrDan

Thu May 29, 2014 4:19 am

choros22 wrote:Hi

Well im using a steam version 1.04 I think.

They used to send me peace offers every second turn and it would block me but they stopped doing that. I changed faction to them and they dont have an option to offer me peace either. What is a good way to send a screen shot?

Take a screenshot and insert the image in your post. :)

choros22
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 4:32 am

Ok they should be like this
China occupied by the glorious Russian Army
[ATTACH]28352[/ATTACH]

Nothing in reply
[ATTACH]28353[/ATTACH]

No options to send
[ATTACH]28354[/ATTACH]

Everything normal with others
[ATTACH]28355[/ATTACH]

BTW I cannot offer a peace to Iran either a country I have occupied for years (I am happy to occupy them without a treaty but a want one with China just for the colonies im after).

Oh yeah you can see the rails im laying in anticipation of a forced permanent occupation....
Attachments
2014-05-29_00005.jpg
2014-05-29_00004.jpg
2014-05-29_00003.jpg
2014-05-29_00002.jpg

HerrDan

Thu May 29, 2014 4:52 am

choros22 wrote:Ok they should be like this
China occupied by the glorious Russian Army
[ATTACH]28352[/ATTACH]

Nothing in reply
[ATTACH]28353[/ATTACH]

No options to send
[ATTACH]28354[/ATTACH]

Everything normal with others
[ATTACH]28355[/ATTACH]

BTW I cannot offer a peace to Iran either a country I have occupied for years (I am happy to occupy them without a treaty but a want one with China just for the colonies im after).

Oh yeah you can see the rails im laying in anticipation of a forced permanent occupation....

That's very strange indeed, I guess you'll have to wait for someone able to solve your problem to answer. I'm sorry, but I can't help here.

Btw, you're playing the 1850 scenario, right?

choros22
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 5:05 am

Yeah its the 1850 scenario. Hopefully someone can help, maybe its a bug. Good thing there is a new patch in the works if so.
Thanks for your help anyway. Atleast we got some nice pictures for it ;) .

HerrDan

Thu May 29, 2014 5:21 am

choros22 wrote:Yeah its the 1850 scenario. Hopefully someone can help, maybe its a bug. Good thing there is a new patch in the works if so.
Thanks for your help anyway. Atleast we got some nice pictures for it ;) .

You're welcome. :)
Do you have the 1880 scenario? It very fun as well, I think you would love it, why don't you write an AAR?

choros22
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 6:20 am

Yeah I think I might do that 1850 scenario or 1880 I wonder. I play a good Russia I'd like to show off my wares.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 29, 2014 10:00 am

choros22 wrote:As Russia I have been taking over China building up warscore to demand some colonies. I have actually secured virtually all of china other than Tibet. The war score was gradually rising but when it hit around 1000 (~50% of my goal) the option completely disappeared!

why is this a total war? If so, it would explain the issue as there is no feasible peace short of complete victory. The game has 2 scripted (the American Civil War and the Mahdi events), but there is a routine to end the American War depending on province occupation.

If that is what you've set up, the best solution is to script in a peace to get rid of the war and then script a peace settlement that reflects realistic gains (ie say a Russian protectorate in Manchuria).

If you have no realistic demands (ie territory etc) then yes, you need to occupy something a long time (& face endless revolts), its a key part of the game design to stop unrealistic expansions where there was no acknowledged legitimacy.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

choros22
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 10:42 am

I'm pretty sure it isnt a total war. It says limited war in diplomacy as far as I can tell. I think it must be bugged. How do I go about scripting a peace?

choros22
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm pretty sure it isnt a total war. It says limited war in diplomacy as far as I can tell. I think it must be bugged. How do I go about scripting a peace?

Jim-NC

Thu May 29, 2014 1:15 pm

There have been other people who report a similar problem. Basically, the peace option disappears after being at war for a certain length of time, or after achieving a certain war score (I am not sure which is the problem). You will have to script a peace, and then script yourself some gains.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm

choros22 wrote:I'm pretty sure it isnt a total war. It says limited war in diplomacy as far as I can tell. I think it must be bugged. How do I go about scripting a peace?

if you check out this thread there are some basic scripts around peace that should give you the basics. You can then transfer provinces or make Manchuria a Russian colony to your tastes (if the latter have a look in the German or Belgium events files as both contains examples of how to set up a colonial protectorate)
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Christophe.Barot

Fri May 30, 2014 1:50 pm

I had same problem in my russian game, no Chinese capital (did it play a role ?), no option appearing (bug , total war ? never was solved) , no way getting a peace from China (apparently too low diplomatic value for rulers to issue repetitive desperate requests they made at first - they kept offering me Sin Kiang, I wanted manchuria ! plus I wasn't in a hurry as I had use of chinese coal addition to supply my vast needs (huge Russian industry).

after years of crushing reviolts and training officers (had the best officers in the world then, but they kept retiring so had to train new ones with victories), I goçt tired of it, but no peace, so when a Chinese governement sent me (again activity) a Sin kiang transfer peace, i accepted THEN

there is also some vision about warscore and eligible provinces which would be welcome, apparently transferrable provinces are hardcoded and LManchuria isn't part of it (while Syria and palestina can be to Russia, a way, but not the best one imho, to simulate the "Monk quarrel" and other sovereignty infringements Russian demandsz which led to Crimean war - was global protectorate and not a technical protectorate in 19th colobnial sense, like France in Lebanon.) - should be reviewed
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

HerrDan

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:24 am

choros22 wrote:Yeah I think I might do that 1850 scenario or 1880 I wonder. I play a good Russia I'd like to show off my wares.

I have to say I always vote for a 1880 if you ask me, one thing I couldn't bear in the 1850 is that Italy and Germany would never form and as I see the first world war as the highest point in the game (I really want to get there in my game ;) ) I think that Germany and Italy must be in there, also it sounds more realistic to have them in game and after the 1870s o so it gets really weird when they aren't.

Christophe.Barot

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:56 am

loki100 wrote:why is this a total war? If so, it would explain the issue as there is no feasible peace short of complete victory. The game has 2 scripted (the American Civil War and the Mahdi events), but there is a routine to end the American War depending on province occupation.

wasn't also Taiping war once ? has it changed ? seems so, in my old Russian game Tapuipings lived in 1913, while in my german game in 1880 they have disappeared since long

and i agree that not being able to annex at will if historical optiobns are not desactivated is a crucial historicity+gameplay feature of game (else, just one example among many others Austria gets rid of Serbia in one snap, that easy - AI isn't subtle enough to have other powers, especially Russia, reanimating Serbia)

this being told, getting historical gains is sometimes very difficult and should be parametered
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:00 pm

HerrDan wrote:I have to say I always vote for a 1880 if you ask me, one thing I couldn't bear in the 1850 is that Italy and Germany would never form and as I see the first world war as the highest point in the game (I really want to get there in my game ;) ) I think that Germany and Italy must be in there, also it sounds more realistic to have them in game and after the 1870s o so it gets really weird when they aren't.

yes, but this is barely satisfying, one has to /should be able to play with Crimean war ACW and see germany and Italy uniting and (almost as important) European ottoman Empire collapsing ... those, besides the colonial module (outstanding, even if we have to tune so AI manage to bnuild her historical Empires), were the great political changes in 19th century

I personally have a fondness for pre-1914 war, as there is a lot of diplomatic manoeuvering then historically, but game can accomodate both ;)

[/color]

HerrDan

Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Christophe.Barot wrote:yes, but this is barely satisfying, one has to /should be able to play with Crimean war ACW and see germany and Italy uniting and (almost as important) European ottoman Empire collapsing ... those, besides the colonial module (outstanding, even if we have to tune so AI manage to bnuild her historical Empires), were the great political changes in 19th century

I personally have a fondness for pre-1914 war, as there is a lot of diplomatic manoeuvering then historically, but game can accomodate both ;)

Surely it's not satisfying enough, I wish it was possible to completelly fix some of the problems we have in the 1850 scenario, the most daunting one perhaps being the unification process, as even with Loki's fix doesn't really create an Italy, but rather a larger Sardinia-Piedmont, one might say it's basically what happened, but still it sounds a bit "strange" to see on the message board that Sardinia-Piedmont has declared war on the Ottoman Empire in 1911, just to use an example, I guess the unification process is hard-coded, so that there isn't anything else we could do beyond what Loki did (hey thank you Loki, you have brought me back to this amazing game :) ).

I also have a fondness for pre-1914 war, when I say the first world war is the highest point in the game I mean everything involving it, including the diplomatic maneuvering leading to it ;) . The ideal here would be to have a strong and Bismarckian AI, so that it could adapt apropriatelly (and take advantage of) to any course of action we take in the long run, as you have suggested in the "Help Improve PON" forums, by the way I'm using many of your events in an attempt to have a greater challenge for my mighty Germany :mdr:

You mentioned the ACW, but in any case, is there anything wrong with it? I have always seen it happening n my games...

Return to “Pride of Nations”