theknightirish
Conscript

Upgrading Captured Artillery

Sun May 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Playing as Austria I have oodles of captured Italian and Ottoman artillery. Is it possible to upgrade these? Or do I just scrap it when it becomes obsolete?

HerrDan

Sun May 25, 2014 10:12 pm

theknightirish wrote:Playing as Austria I have oodles of captured Italian and Ottoman artillery. Is it possible to upgrade these? Or do I just scrap it when it becomes obsolete?

Indeed this is something I would like to know as well, I have plenty of captured russian artillery in my game, but my war with Russia was the first long one I fought in this game, I had a war with Spain, but was much shorter and I didn't capture artillery. I don't know what will happen with this artillery I have, so I'll be waiting for someone to answer here.

Jim-NC

Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 am

I don't believe it does upgrade. In fact, it becomes only good for fort artillery in uncommanded stacks. It keeps the corps or division command cost, but you can't build the corps or division it came from.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HerrDan

Mon May 26, 2014 3:08 am

Jim-NC wrote:I don't believe it does upgrade. In fact, it becomes only good for fort artillery in uncommanded stacks. It keeps the corps or division command cost, but you can't build the corps or division it came from.

Das ist schade :(

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Wed May 28, 2014 7:53 pm

I usually disband them, as I don't like to have to look at those old, rusty things when I am able to make much better ones :)

HerrDan

Wed May 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Q-Kee wrote:I usually disband them, as I don't like to have to look at those old, rusty things when I am able to make much better ones :)

Oh well, I didn't want to take the VP hit from that, but I think I'll have to...

Christophe.Barot

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:10 pm

they don't upgrade and can't be copmpleted (sometuimes you can capture a headquarter as well)

keep them for fort garrison duty or scrap them, or use it to complement units (but if they come from corps they'll take scores of rare command points)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

HerrDan

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Christophe.Barot wrote:they don't upgrade and can't be copmpleted (sometuimes you can capture a headquarter as well)

keep them for fort garrison duty or scrap them, or use it to complement units (but if they come from corps they'll take scores of rare command points)

I'm already disbanding them all, as I have already a good vp advantage in my game, it's not a big issue and anyway I don't play only to "win", so I consider it an extra challenge :D

epaminondas
Colonel

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:39 am

I mass them into artillery corps, sometimes with a small infantry component, and throw them into the front line of any fighting that's going on. If they're burned up that saves me the vp for disbanding them and in the process they do me some good in combat.

HerrDan

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:44 am

epaminondas wrote:I mass them into artillery corps, sometimes with a small infantry component, and throw them into the front line of any fighting that's going on. If they're burned up that saves me the vp for disbanding them and in the process they do me some good in combat.

I don't know, but I don't like the idea of having russian soldiers in my army, so I prefer to disband them! haha...

Return to “Pride of Nations”