bobbob
Corporal

Will M beta patch be posted here?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Can't register my bought gamersgate game at paradox, will M beta patch be posted here. Had no troubles downloading previous patches from this site but can't seem to have any luck at paradox. Thanks

Rafiki

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Why are you unable to register it?

Beta patches for PoN will generally only be made available at Paradox, I'm afraid.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

bobbob
Corporal

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Yeah im wondering why i can't also. Will be looking at this problem over at paradox i guess this weekend. Up untill beta patch L I downloaded all patches from the AGEOD site. Why the change in policy?

yellow ribbon

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:29 pm

they did not,

since winter 09 AGEOD is a part of Paradox, who started that kind of policy few years ago.

(public) BETA patches are to be considered as tech support, the RC of 1.02 is near but not yet given.
Registered users shall have the advantage of registering and have beta-patches first, thats all

if you see, that some literally explain that they dont have an "original" game, you will certainly understand the policy.
(even if you dont like it, as i do neither)

there seems to be a clear agreement that tech-support shall be given only at paradox forum, and there was just no clear "consensus" about patches, as Pocus expressed it once in a very diplomatic way.
It means it was their utmost kindness in past and should not be seen as lack of customer support that there are certain policies about it now.

game is most stable in the moment, but for final "RC 1.02" we will have to wait, also whether they upload it here too...

Chertio
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:25 am

So I want to download the latest patch (my version 1.01e keeps stalling) and I have to register the game.

Paradox ask for a series of six 4-alphanumeric fields to register, my Serial key is seven 5-alphanumeric fields. I can't raise this problem with Paradox because... I have to register the game first.

How do I register for patches? Any advice welcome, I have probably made a dumb mistake as usual.

And yes, I did buy the game.

yellow ribbon

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 am

hello Chertio,

may i make a wild guess that you used steam, gamersgate or anything like this?

And now you might be confusing the internal "key" for the online distribution with the one for Paradox registration.

i think i remember from posts that for gamersgate for instance they used even one part of the serial number with SIX fields...

for this issue there are some threads explaining how to deal with and in the worst case, you have evidence that you bought it (whats obvious, as you have a key, as you mentioned), the lads from Ageod would help you out either...

see for instance:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21671

since you wrote that you are running 1.01e, you can find a couple of newer patches still in the forum here, but not the latest "state-of-the-art patches".

Return to “Pride of Nations”