Beorg
Civilian

PoN on Windows 7 (or lack there of)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi,

I bought this game a couple of days ago and I really like the setup so far. However I have two issues where one is major.

My steam account lists 17h of game play. I have at least a CTD an hour, this in combination with the time the game takes to load and to execute it's turns makes it unbearable.

To me it feels like some general instability, the game crashes after end of turn. While clicking on objects normally cities etc. My computer is also less than a year old so there should be no problem on the processing side.

I really do hope these crashes will be fixed soon and some little optimization or tips on how to make the turn execution go faster. I like to play Japan and therre is limited amount of things that can be done before the Americans visit. (-> Fair bit of change turn and wait...)

Any indication of when next patch is going to be released?

Beorg
Civilian

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Also as this is a steam run game, I cannot set the compability mode to run it say like a Vista application.

montgomeryjlion
Captain

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Make sure you get the Beta patches off of the Paradox forum.
It increases the stability greatly.

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:44 pm

deleted

Beorg
Civilian

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Thank you, I'll look into the patch. I was hoping for something like this, considering how frequent it crashes for me it should be easy to find something to improve :-)

Return to “Pride of Nations”