Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Problem installing Spanish-american war

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:31 am

Hello, I just downloaded the game with the dlc on gamersgate and I can't seem to find (in the game) the scenario. I've checked if the directory was that good one and it is. I'm using windows 7 64bits if it's of any help.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Vous aimez ma moustache? Je lui ai donné 10 ans de ma vie. :D

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ironchancellor
Sergeant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 am

Hello i had the same problem as well. Im using Vistas so there shouldnt be much problem. When its downloaded from Gamersgate it should automatically show up the directory folder of your original game. If the detail is right when you check it, just go ahead and install it into that folder and it will do the rest. I thought at first you install it in the sub Scens folder but you dont. Hope you understand this let us know how you get on.

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that before posting my original message I did exactly what you described several times and it stills do not appear in the scenarios.

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 am

It should install automatically that's what it did for me after you click on the install thingy from GG. Try redownloading it again it's worth a shot.
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty
-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
-Napoleon III-

Athens
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:50 am

Gen.Montcalm wrote:Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that before posting my original message I did exactly what you described several times and it stills do not appear in the scenarios.

Open your PON folder. You should see a Pride of Nations directory. Open it, look inside the VGN folder, open the scenario floder and move the 1898SAW file to the PON/VGN/scens folder.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Ironchancellor
Sergeant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:31 am

I agree when you first see where it tells you to install the game it does look strange because i think it mentions another PONs folder at the end of its directory list and thats what confused me. So i used my browser to look for the Scenarios folder and try to install it there, but it didnt work it disappeared. So i downloaded it again and when the directory route showed up i just installed it as it asked and it worked. I admit i use an external drive for my game and it still automatically found the folder. Like the others say just keep trying.

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Ok there is cleary something wrong. Following the message of Athens, I went and looked inside PON folders, and the scenario is in the PON/VGN/scens. I tried reinstalling it several times but still no luck. Anyway I'll continue looking for a way, thank you all for your answers.

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:16 pm

It's obvious, but don't forget to unzip it ;)

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 am

Lol Philippe, un des avantages de Gamersgate c'est le fait qu'on a pas à ''unzipper'' les fichiers. Autre problème c'est que le fichier semble être à la bonne place, mais que le jeu ne veut pas l'afficher dans les scénarios pour une raison qui m'échappe.

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:06 pm

I found the problem. On windows 7 64bits (don't know about 32 bits) you must not install the game in Program files, otherwise it won't work (at least for me). I just reinstalled the game only in C: and everything works fine. I even felt a small boost in game performance. If it can help anyone who had the same problem as me.

Ps. Nice scenario by the way, I hope there will be more DLC.

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm

deleted

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:37 am

I can't tell for sure. It is probably me, but who knows, I downloaded the game as soon as it got out, so maybe at the start gamersgate had it wrong? Because to reinstall it I redownloaded it and now it was installing it automatically in the games folder. Anyway, it is not the first time I have problem with games installed in the program files, god I miss windows xp...

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Pride of Nations”