Narakir
Private

Drm

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 am

I know these kind of complains are quite a waste of time but...

It'll be actually nice games that have a DRM be mentioned on the site. I just bought Fantasy wars to see it got a version of star force with a 9 time activation. I've decided to uninstall the game because I don't want this kind of security on my machine without my approval. I was used that games sold by ageod only required an unlimited activation code without such controversial programs in... I don't know if it's possible but I'll be gladly delete the files I downloaded and blacklist my activation code to get my money back. At least I'll remember to not buy any non-ageod thing there in the future, it's just bad that honest buyers have such disappointments. :crying:

PhilThib

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:53 am

The DRM problem is always an issue in our world. This said, even if you can sometimes feel this as a legitimate hassle, they do not have a correlation with the game's quality... did you manage to play with Fantasy War at all :confused:

Nikel

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Narakir wrote:I know these kind of complains are quite a waste of time but...

It'll be actually nice games that have a DRM be mentioned on the site. I just bought Fantasy wars to see it got a version of star force with a 9 time activation. I've decided to uninstall the game because I don't want this kind of security on my machine without my approval. I was used that games sold by ageod only required an unlimited activation code without such controversial programs in... I don't know if it's possible but I'll be gladly delete the files I downloaded and blacklist my activation code to get my money back. At least I'll remember to not buy any non-ageod thing there in the future, it's just bad that honest buyers have such disappointments. :crying:

Is it worse than this? Even the demo requires activation

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_License_VC.html

Narakir
Private

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Sorry if my first post may have been too confusing.

In a way yes, as there's limited activations I can install it only ten times before my licence expires though you do not need 7 days check but I got starforce. With your game they clearly state what kind of DRM they use on their site, so you're free as customer to agree it or not and to buy it or not. This is my main concern as nothing was said about my game on the site before I paid. If I knew that I'll have a 10 time activation with starforce which is a quite controversial program among gamers I'll not have bought it.

I know that AGEOD can't have the full blame, you sell others games with your site that's all. The whole thing is quite confusing : 1C the original publisher of the game stated that their games are distributed in Europe and America without starforce, or latter removed it with patches. Despite this I made some search to be sure none has complained about Starforce being in a English/French version of the game and found nothing. So I paid the game pretty confident, to have a bad surprise just after... Lack of information is the main issue.

Tough all what I said above is perhaps a nice story, that my problem remains the same, I bought I game with a DRM I didn't wanted at all without begin informed there was actually one. I'll gladly send the proof of my purchase, delete the files I downloaded and send my activation code for blacklisting to get my money back, tough I've serious doubts it'll be possible, or it is ?

PhilThib

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:39 pm

OK, I'll see it clearly now :(

Narakir
Private

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks to AGEOD for their respect for their customers an kind of agreement was found :thumbsup: . I'd like to think this event could be quoted as an example. It's your moral right to know what you install on your computer if it has a DRM or not before you buy it and be free to agree the conditions or not.

jasminegarner24
Civilian

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 am

hmmm now the queries are finished.. and it become so easy...thanx

Return to “Other games from the AGEOD store”