fredrikvollan
Private

Italy as CP still wages war on Austria

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi there,

Latest patch. Italy is CP but I get events that the US will supply Italy with munitions and the bloody Italians have twice attacked allied Austrian ships with MAS.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 pm

fredrikvollan wrote:Hi there,

Latest patch. Italy is CP but I get events that the US will supply Italy with munitions and the bloody Italians have twice attacked allied Austrian ships with MAS.

Any chance that you can post a saved turn showing this? The MAS attacks seem odd since they need to be completed in the Shipyard so posting a screenshot might help determine what's happening.

As for the events, WW1G does not drop events (although some will fire only once) and so the AI will sometimes play events that hurt it while providing the Player with events that cannot possibly do you any good and even harm that you can play or not. There have been considerable discussions on this topic but for the most part I think that it provides random variety that keep the game interesting. You have a finite number of event draws; holding a pro-AI event may also prevent you from drawing an event that might be of considerable assistance while discarding it to get a better draw again makes it available to the AI. Some do not like the way this is handled and that's fair ball.

As for US aid to a Central Powers Italy, America with a sizable Italian-American immigrant community providing financial support is not unreasonable. Particularly considering the successful activities of the German-American Bund from 1914-1916 in raising US cash for Germany. (As I recall the event "munitions" is provided as EP, which represents money in the game rather than ammunition proper).

-C

Return to “Help improve WW1!”