Beta Patch 1.08N

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:31 am

Hello everybody,

here you can find the beta patch 1.08N.

Here you can download the beta patch for the full version:
[removed because 1.08O is now public]

And here for the demo version:
[removed because 1.08O is now public]

This is a new candidate for official patch, so please report here if you find some glitches or major issues. Our purpose is to publish it as official patch in a few days.

Herewith I listed all news...

[Version 1.0.8m]
[Version 1.0.8n]

New features:
- Introduced the Play-by-Email mode!
- Added aggressivity level setting for stacks (used by battle AI and PBEM)
- Added graphics for Chinese forces

Improvements:
- Military AI now carefully checks the supply status of areas also when considering the camoflage stacks placement opportunities if the difficulty level is set 4+
- Immobilized armies and fleets are now not counted anymore for assignment of detached forces (drag & drop or forces management window)
- Corrected some Italian, Spanish and German texts
- Introduced limitations in building special units (i.e.: arab forces of Senussi army or Arab army of Lawrence)
- Improved the retreat to nearest friendly port procedure in case of fleets evacuation
(*) Introduced an event that brings the automatic removal of Immobilization rule for French and Austrian armies on Alps frontiers when Italy enters the war
- Military AI tweaked to make amphibious and expeditionary corps offensives outside of Europe allowed only to Japan, France and Great Britain (moddable)
- Improved activity of Military AI in army-to-army mode
- General AI improved (military and battles)
- Zeppelins now may have a range value up to 40
- PBEM ORD file names are now more descriptive
- Improved random factors synchronization in PBEM
- Rules for retreat and enemy reinforcements before battle can now be activated also in WEGO mode
- PBEM Battle AI now can play only battle events
- Max number of displayed hit points of naval squadrons is now 7+
- Max number of rows in Units DB increased to 1535
- ORD file is now generated every time game is saved

(*) Scenario corrections:
- All scenarios: Turkish genocide of Armenians now takes place only if Turkey is at war with the Entente
- Grand Campaign and 1916: corrected setup of Portuguese forces
- All scenarios: added events to make AEF automatically lands in Europe when USA enter war (landing priorities: Le Havre, Cherbourg, Brest, Dover)
- All scenarios: added correction to German aircrafts industries DB to allow activation of factories of Hanover

Fixed bugs:
- Added several fixes and improvements in supply checks
- Fixed a bug that made impossible the voluntary abandonement of grand offensives
- Fixed a bug that caused an erratic wrong calculation of RP base flows
- Fixed a bug in mandatory attacks check
(*) Fixed some bugs that caused the disappearance or deactivation of rules introduced by events play or diplomatic actions (i.e.: Bruchmuller)
- Fixed a bug than made the naval combat modifier (turn rule) almost never applied
- Fixed a bug that caused sometimes a neverending English Military AI when the option "Give AI fulltime" was active
- Fixed a bug in Surprise event that caused a wrong calculation in combat die roll modifiers when played by Defender
(*) Fixed a bug that caused a wrong generation of turn rules when introduced by events play
- Fixed a bug in PBEM: save of ORD file was allowed also when mandatory attacks not fulfilled
- Fixed an erratic bug in PBEM that caused a missing refresh of map window on turn end
- Fixed a bug in PBEM that caused an overlapping distribution of event cards among players during the first Events phase

(*) : not working for older savegames

Rows highlighted in bold are the corrections and improvements introduced by 1.08N as compared to 1.08M.

This patch installs a PDF Manual for PBEM (that you can find in the Start menu).

Best regards,
Calvinus.

PhilThib

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:32 am

Bravo :cool: :thumbsup:

Palpat
Colonel

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 am

Sweet, glad to see WW1 is still being polished.
I will test this ASAP.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:34 am

Excellent news, many thanks Calvinus. :thumbsup:

JMass
Corporal

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

calvinus wrote:here you can find the beta patch 1.08N.

Great, you are the man! :thumbsup:
"Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
[SIZE="1"]Αυτοκράτορ Κωνσταντίνος ΙΑ' Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος[/size]

Now playing, testing or modding: AJE-BoR, Ancient Warfare, CMBN, CMFI, CTGW, FoG, RUS, Squad Battles, WWII-Europe
Idling: a lot of games

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :thumbsup:

Redsco
Private

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Merci :thumbsup:
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

WallysWorld
Captain

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Bravo!

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Outstanding, Thank You!

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm afraid I'm having a senior moment and can't recall if the new beta patch is supposed to be installed over existing patches or over a clean install.

I've installed it over version 1.08m. Do I need to start over?

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 am

When I loaded 1.08N tonight, it came up as 1.08M in the start screen and in the WW1_VersionsLog.txt file. Plus I saw no newer files than the Aug 8, 2011 (1.08M) file date.

Is the correct 1.08N loaded above ???

calvinus

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:17 am

Panama Red wrote:When I loaded 1.08N tonight, it came up as 1.08M in the start screen and in the WW1_VersionsLog.txt file. Plus I saw no newer files than the Aug 8, 2011 (1.08M) file date.

Is the correct 1.08N loaded above ???

Version of WW1.exe file should be 1.0.8.14.

You should see [Version 1.0.8n] in the version log and 1.08N in the start menu of WW1.

So I guess you haven't installed the patch with UAC off and PC Administrator priviledges, or not in the right folder...

calvinus

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:17 am

Philippe wrote:I'm afraid I'm having a senior moment and can't recall if the new beta patch is supposed to be installed over existing patches or over a clean install.

I've installed it over version 1.08m. Do I need to start over?

As usual, this patch is all-inclusive, you can install it over any previous version of WW1. :)

calvinus

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 am

Please report here any bugs as soon you spot them.
The patch will become official by the end of September.

The official patch will be 1.08O, currently under work:
  • I already fixed a bug reported by RGA here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22715
  • Also, I've set two gameplay options as default on game install: Retreat before battle & Defender Reinforcements before battle. These options improve considerably the difficulty level especially when playing against AI. ;)

Thanks,
Calvinus.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi Calvinus,

When a unit undergoes a morale check and suffers a 'Out of Combat' result it is being recorded as both 'Out of Combat' and 'Destroyed' on the battle summary screen. It should only count as 'Out of Combat'.

Thanks,
Rob

calvinus

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 pm

RGA wrote:Hi Calvinus,

When a unit undergoes a morale check and suffers a 'Out of Combat' result it is being recorded as both 'Out of Combat' and 'Destroyed' on the battle summary screen. It should only count as 'Out of Combat'.

Thanks,
Rob

Known issue. No (simple) way to make a correction, sorry. I guess you will have to keep thing as is... :(

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 pm

calvinus wrote:As usual, this patch is all-inclusive, you can install it over any previous version of WW1. :)

Even non-Gold version?
EDIT: It can be, but the serial key becomes invalid and all the game must be reinstalled... (reinstalled without this patch, for sure..)

calvinus

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:13 am

ERISS wrote:Even non-Gold version?
EDIT: It can be, but the serial key becomes invalid and all the game must be reinstalled... (reinstalled without this patch, for sure..)

This new version brings a new huge feature (PBEM) that has been developed only for Gold Edition (1.08 series).

Those owners of pre-Gold version (1.07) should upgrade the game by installing the Gold Upgrade Kit, then patch to 1.08N.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Calvinus,

Another bug with the recording of losses. If a 'full' unit suffers a CR_OneLoss result the unit is reduced but the loss is NOT recorded. This bug only applies to full units, reduced units record the loss correctly. I have not checked CR_HalfLoss, that may be the same as well.

Regards,
Rob

calvinus

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:22 pm

RGA wrote:Hi Calvinus,

Another bug with the recording of losses. If a 'full' unit suffers a CR_OneLoss result the unit is reduced but the loss is NOT recorded. This bug only applies to full units, reduced units record the loss correctly. I have not checked CR_HalfLoss, that may be the same as well.

Regards,
Rob

Similar bug to CR_Eliminated. Indeed the losses were recorded only in case of Morale Test. So it's fixed with 1.08O under work. Thanks, Calvinus. :)

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Brilliant, thanks Calvinus.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:03 pm

calvinus wrote:Those owners of pre-Gold version (1.07) should upgrade the game by installing the Gold Upgrade Kit, then patch to 1.08N.

Late. You should tell it in first post, with a link to the 10€/$15 upgrade.
http://ageod.nexway.fr/fiche.html?REF=713587
Nothing says (save your loose post here) post-1.07 is for pre-Gold only..
ERISS, free marketing Ageod adviser..

calvinus

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:12 pm

ERISS wrote:Late. You should tell it in first post, with a link to the 10€/$15 upgrade.
http://ageod.nexway.fr/fiche.html?REF=713587
Nothing says (save your loose post here) post-1.07 is for pre-Gold only..
ERISS, free marketing Ageod adviser..

Mmm... the first post says the version is 1.08N...
but I agree with you, it's not so intuitive! :(
Anyway this is yet a beta patch, only for volunteers.
When it becomes the official patch (1.08O) I will make things more clear to everybody.
Your advice is welcome! ;) :thumbsup:

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:42 am

Are you still on track to issue v1.08O this weekend ???

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:57 am

I have my naval mods for the Grand Campaign scenarios ready to upload but no sense in doing so if 1.08O for Oscar is almost ready. Calvinus, did you wish to have these files?

- C

calvinus

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 am

I will release 1.08O by tonight / tomorrow. The patch is already done, I have only to publish it.

Once 1.08O is published, I will download the graphical mod by JMass and the data mode by Random, then I will mix them into one single Data folder. That means I will publish the mod as a separate installer, not inside 1.08O.

Also, we're waiting for the Russian texts too. That means we'll do a Russian mod for WW1! ;)

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:41 am

Great news :thumbsup:

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Thank you. :D

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 am

calvinus wrote:I will release 1.08O by tonight / tomorrow. The patch is already done, I have only to publish it.

Once 1.08O is published, I will download the graphical mod by JMass and the data mode by Random, then I will mix them into one single Data folder. That means I will publish the mod as a separate installer, not inside 1.08O.

Also, we're waiting for the Russian texts too. That means we'll do a Russian mod for WW1! ;)

calvinus:
Any idea when you will be posting the combined graphical and data mod since 1.08O was posted this past weekend ??? And thank you for your continued support for this great game !!! :coeurs:

calvinus

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Eh eh, I'm deadly busy for family business, I'll try to spend some time for this mod during the week-end. ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”