Beta Patch 1.08M

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Hello everybody,

here you can find the beta patch 1.08M.

Here you can download the beta patch for the full version:
[removed because new beta patch 1.08N has been published]

And here for the demo version:
[removed because new beta patch 1.08N has been published]

This is a candidate for official patch, so please report here if you find some glitches or major issues.

Herewith I listed all news...

[Version 1.0.8m]

New features:
- Introduced the Play-by-Email mode!
- Added aggressivity level setting for stacks (used by battle AI and PBEM)
- Added graphics for Chinese forces

Improvements:
- Military AI now carefully checks the supply status of areas also when considering the camoflage stacks placement opportunities if the difficulty level is set 4+
- Immobilized armies and fleets are now not counted anymore for assignment of detached forces (drag & drop or forces management window)
- Corrected some Italian, Spanish and German texts
- Introduced limitations in building special units (i.e.: arab forces of Senussi army or Arab army of Lawrence)
- Improved the retreat to nearest friendly port procedure in case of fleets evacuation
(*) Introduced an event that brings the automatic removal of Immobilization rule for French and Austrian armies on Alps frontiers when Italy enters the war
- Military AI tweaked to make amphibious and expeditionary corps offensives outside of Europe allowed only to Japan, France and Great Britain (moddable)
- Improved activity of Military AI in army-to-army mode
- General AI improved (military and battles)

(*) Scenario corrections:
- All scenarios: Turkish genocide of Armenians now takes place only if Turkey is at war with the Entente
- Grand Campaign and 1916: corrected setup of Portuguese forces
- All scenarios: added events to make AEF automatically lands in Europe when USA enter war (landing priorities: Le Havre, Cherbourg, Brest, Dover)

Fixed bugs:
- Added several fixes and improvements in supply checks
- Fixed a bug that made impossible the voluntary abandonement of grand offensives
- Fixed a bug that caused an erratic wrong calculation of RP base flows
- Fixed a bug in mandatory attacks check
(*) Fixed some bugs that caused the disappearance or deactivation of rules introduced by events play or diplomatic actions (i.e.: Bruchmuller)
- Fixed a bug than made the naval combat modifier (turn rule) almost never applied
- Fixed a bug that caused sometimes a neverending English Military AI when the option "Give AI fulltime" was active

(*) : not working for older savegames

This patch installs a PDF Manual for PBEM (that you can find in the Start menu).

Note: I had to put the patch on RapidShare because the AgeOD team is on holiday. So you will probably experience some download quota restrictions. If the download is unsuccessful, try again until ok.

Best regards,
Calvinus.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:06 pm

calvinus wrote: can find the beta patch 1.08M.
download the beta patch for the full version

I presume this patch is for the Gold version, and the last patch for pre-Gold is still 1.07l ('L', and not 'I' as you had wrote).

Averkinen
Sergeant

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 pm

ERISS wrote:I presume this patch is for the Gold version, and the last patch for pre-Gold is still 1.07l ('L', and not 'I' as you had wrote).

Yes you are right it is for the gold version of the game. And why make a new patches for the regular version, because there is already gold? Although it would be nice if it could be put on the regular version, because then I could not buy the game from an online store, and in usual. :D
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

WallysWorld
Captain

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Look terrific, Calvinus. Many thanks!

I've been waiting for this update before I started another WW1 campaign.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm

How do I download the beta from rapidshare without a rapidshare account?

Thanks

Tamas

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 pm

oldspec4 wrote:How do I download the beta from rapidshare without a rapidshare account?

Thanks

You can, just listen to the instructions for the free download. It's a bit annoying, but works.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 pm

I must be missing something...I've been all over the site page (including the faq) and still couldn't figure it out.

Will probably wait until the beta is posted here.

Thanks

Nikel

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Click the grey button FREE DOWNLOAD.

When it turns green and DOWNLOAD NOW, click again and save the file

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 pm

That did it!...Thanks for the directions

Mitra
Captain

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 am

Great Calvinus! So who are free for a test?

calvinus

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 am

Yes, play play play! I really enjoyed testing with TheDeadeye, the game is unpredictable in PBEM mode! :D

Mitra
Captain

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 am

a 4 players game will be great.

ZardozLord
Corporal

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:59 am

Hi Mitra, I am up for a game, I have been looking forward to playing this by Pbem :)

Mitra
Captain

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:58 am

ok, you prefer 1vs1 or we try to search other two players?

calvinus

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Please use the dedicated forum topic to arrange your PBEM games:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Let's use this thread for bug reports or improvement proposals. :love:

Edit: btw, I'm going on holidays. I'll be back online in the end of August. Have fun! :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:15 pm

@ Calvinus. Have a great holiday and thanks for all your work.

Franciscus

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Happy holidays, dear Calvinus !

Averkinen
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 pm

I wish you a nice holiday and thanks for all you've done! Image
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:15 pm

calvinus wrote:Yes, play play play! I really enjoyed testing with TheDeadeye, the game is unpredictable in PBEM mode! :D

We still have much to settle when you return from your holidays :D

NefariousKoel
Captain

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 am

.. and there was much rejoicing.

:w00t:

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:56 am

NefariousKoel wrote:.. and there was much rejoicing.

:w00t:

Was that before or after Sir Douglas ate his minstrels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:03 pm

This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone know for certain where the AEF landed in Europe? The ports mentioned in the patch feel like the kind of ports that would have been used in WW II, whereas I was always under the impression that the AEF was sent through Western France rather than the Channel.

I'm not in a position to research this, but here's a quote from the AEF wiki:

The mobilization effort taxed the American military to the limit and required new organizational strategies and command structures to transport great numbers of troops and supplies quickly and efficiently. The French harbors of Bordeaux, La Pallice, Saint Nazaire and Brest became the entry points into the French railway system which brought the US forces and their supplies to the front. American engineers in France built 82 new ship berths, nearly 1,000 miles of additional standard-gauge tracks and 100,000 miles of telephone and telegraph lines.

Unquote

This is far from decisive, but certainly suggests debarcation points in Western France rather than the Channel. Could someone with better WW I research resources nail this one down before Calvinus gets back from his well-deserved vacation?

Halus
Conscript

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 am

Installed patch and tried playing against AI in 4-player campaign, myself controlling AH. Have game crashes around the Oct. 1915 at the end of the military phase. Also seeing some graphic anomolies - there is a French unit mixed in with the Russians (not sure if it's just wrong graphic or is an actual corps from France on the east front. Also during a combat round there was a German unit where it should have been Russian. This is also first time I've seen Romania join CP, and very early in the war at that.
I will try a new campaign from scratch and not send diplomats to Romania to see what happens this time.

Tamas

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:11 am

Romania has a randomized starting diplomacy level, so quick commitment from them is possible.

And I still advise against 4 players single player games. The game system was made assuming either a two player game, or close cooperation between the players of a side, which is of course not possible since you can't communicate with the allied AI.

calvinus

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 am

Philippe wrote:This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone know for certain where the AEF landed in Europe? The ports mentioned in the patch feel like the kind of ports that would have been used in WW II, whereas I was always under the impression that the AEF was sent through Western France rather than the Channel.

I'm not in a position to research this, but here's a quote from the AEF wiki:

The mobilization effort taxed the American military to the limit and required new organizational strategies and command structures to transport great numbers of troops and supplies quickly and efficiently. The French harbors of Bordeaux, La Pallice, Saint Nazaire and Brest became the entry points into the French railway system which brought the US forces and their supplies to the front. American engineers in France built 82 new ship berths, nearly 1,000 miles of additional standard-gauge tracks and 100,000 miles of telephone and telegraph lines.

Unquote

This is far from decisive, but certainly suggests debarcation points in Western France rather than the Channel. Could someone with better WW I research resources nail this one down before Calvinus gets back from his well-deserved vacation?

I didn't use historical landing points, but the landing points closest to the Front line, where possible. This to help AI, of course.

calvinus

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 am

Halus wrote:Installed patch and tried playing against AI in 4-player campaign, myself controlling AH. Have game crashes around the Oct. 1915 at the end of the military phase. Also seeing some graphic anomolies - there is a French unit mixed in with the Russians (not sure if it's just wrong graphic or is an actual corps from France on the east front. Also during a combat round there was a German unit where it should have been Russian.

Post here the savegame (.sav & .map, zipped), so I'll look inside when back from holidays. I hope no installation corrupt took place...

Halus wrote:This is also first time I've seen Romania join CP, and very early in the war at that.

Tamas is right, and you've been lucky.

Halus
Conscript

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 pm

[quote="calvinus"]Post here the savegame (.sav & .map, zipped), so I'll look inside when back from holidays. I hope no installation corrupt took place...

Have started a new campaign, so unfortunetly cannot post a saved file. No crashes or lockups in this one and have made it to the start of 1917. Still seen a couple times units "out of theater", the oddest one being in the combat box - a Russian unit participating on the Turkish side (I'll make sure to post something physical here if it happens again). If I'm the only one experiencing this, must be some kind of corruption - perhaps too many saved games on top of one another?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 pm

I will occasionally see units show up in odd places as described but consider it a minor graphics issue and essentially a non-problem. In my experience, the units are insubstantial and can be eliminated by zooming out or scrolling the map.

ZardozLord
Corporal

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I have been playing a grand campaign as the central powers, fresh install with the 1.08m patch, I have noticed the British general Haig in Russia, it wasnt just a graphical glitch as he and his British troops took part in the battle and beat me... the next turn I noticed a Austrian cavalry corps in France near Metz... so that's twice I have noticed it, I am in June 1915, I have the save if Calvinus needs it when he is back from his holidays :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 am

Opinions will vary greatly of course but I am not convinced that these represent problems or bugs. Austro-Hungarian artillerymen served on the Western Front as did Italians and a division sized Russian expeditionary force. At one point Conrad apparently offered troops for the West but Falkenhyn turned him down.

While a British army in Russia was not particularly likely, the reasons were more political than logistical and the game appears designed so that British forces can deploy anywhere. This doctrine was in line with Lord Fisher's dictum that "The Army is a projectile to be fired by the Navy" and conforms to the war plans of the CGIS before the Anglo-French Entente.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”