calvinus

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:43 pm

So you want I display the att/def stars also when the leader is shown in the Reinforcements box? ;)

Evren

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:12 pm

calvinus wrote:So you want I display the att/def stars also when the leader is shown in the Reinforcements box? ;)

Perhaps ;) . Not only in the reinforcement box, but also in the game. Some generals' portraits do not display their stars.

calvinus

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Other news:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the GHQ release of support units (artillery, tanks and assault troops) in defense battles
- In case of successful breakthrough, only the reserves of GHQs and of the armies directly involved in combat are taken into account when creating the breakthrough stacks
- Removed some erratic slow downs in land battles during trench warfare

Still working hard... :wacko:

calvinus

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Done also this:
- Added some key corrections in the max reserves call checks during land battles

The land battles are now heavily affected, mainly in trench warfare... :)

Forezjohn
Corporal

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 am

I'm testing a new game with this beta and I think there is a bug with the diplomatic part:
I sent a level 3 diplomat on mission from france to Italy and he failled : +5 for central power
next turn level3 from UK to italy : same result : fail and +5 for central.
Am I really unlucky, or is it the programm? You may know it tomorow, after some more tests, hang on!

calvinus

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 am

Forezjohn wrote:I'm testing a new game with this beta and I think there is a bug with the diplomatic part:
I sent a level 3 diplomat on mission from france to Italy and he failled : +5 for central power
next turn level3 from UK to italy : same result : fail and +5 for central.
Am I really unlucky, or is it the programm? You may know it tomorow, after some more tests, hang on!

Look at the DiplomacyTable.xls DB (Modding\DBs folder). If you got a +5, it means you had a very very unlucky set of dice rolls: a couple of 12 on a D12! Assuming you had 3 AMBs in Italy and 0 AMBs your enemy, it means you got 12 twice! For the Entente, the lesser you roll the best is for you, the opposite for the CPs.

calvinus

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Evren wrote:Some leader portraits do not show the attack and defense values of the leaders, but i can only see them on the responsive screen when i double click on the leader portrait. I know there aren't many leaders and you get familiar with them easily as you play more, but for a beginner like me it becomes a problem when attaining a new commander to an army in the reinforcement screen when i can't see these values on the leader portrait. For example Petain doesn't have any stars on his portrait, so i sent him to a less important army group, but after that i realized his defense value was 2.

I checked the Reinforcements box display: the att/def stars are displayed. The other detail values are visible in the Detail window: double click the leader portrait. ;)

dougbush93
Captain

Old Savegames and 1.06B?

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok, today I check back the rail system in debug mode.

I managed to introduce an automatic correction of old savegames (pre-1.06B) during the load procedure. ;) Very very useful for when the patch will become official! :D

Does this mean one does not have to do the lengthy process to get saved games to work with 1.06B described at the start of the thread? Just curious. I really want to give 1.06B a spin.

Doug

calvinus

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:15 am

dougbush93 wrote:Does this mean one does not have to do the lengthy process to get saved games to work with 1.06B described at the start of the thread? Just curious. I really want to give 1.06B a spin.

Doug

It means that the new patch 1.06D will not need you apply the manual corrections in the pre-1.06B savegames, but only the incoming patch, not the current 1.06B.

dougbush93
Captain

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 pm

Great, thanks. I was able to modify my current .sav file and get 1.06B working. So far the improvements are looking good.

-Doug

Forezjohn
Corporal

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:40 pm

calvinus wrote:Look at the DiplomacyTable.xls DB (Modding\DBs folder). If you got a +5, it means you had a very very unlucky set of dice rolls: a couple of 12 on a D12! Assuming you had 3 AMBs in Italy and 0 AMBs your enemy, it means you got 12 twice! For the Entente, the lesser you roll the best is for you, the opposite for the CPs.

I made more tests, I had some other failures of my entente diplomats, I tested some other countries and had no problem, then I retried Italy and I got a success of 8! I don't understand what happened, but I guess there is no bug...

Return to “Help improve WW1!”