Oyvind
Conscript

Suggestion for 0 value diplomats

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 pm

I understand the reason for having 0 value diplomat counters in the board game, but I don't think they are needed in the computer version.

Suggested fix:
- Eliminate 0 value diplomat counters.
- Don't show enemy diplomat counters on the map or in the diplomacy window.
- Don't show the message about where enemy diplomats have been sent.

This would eliminate counter clutter, as well as decrease the complexity of the AI by a little bit.

Bern
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:58 am

Oyvind wrote:I understand the reason for having 0 value diplomat counters in the board game, but I don't think they are needed in the computer version.

Suggested fix:
- Eliminate 0 value diplomat counters.
- Don't show enemy diplomat counters on the map or in the diplomacy window.
- Don't show the message about where enemy diplomats have been sent.

This would eliminate counter clutter, as well as decrease the complexity of the AI by a little bit.

I agree with this suggestion - always assuming that it is not too difficult to do.

Bern

patrat
Captain

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:23 am

well if we ever play 2 player against another person, the 0 diplomates would be useful in tricking him into thinking your doing a big diplomatic push in a country when your actually not.

i have no idea if it works against the AI.

calvinus

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 am

patrat wrote:well if we ever play 2 player against another person, the 0 diplomates would be useful in tricking him into thinking your doing a big diplomatic push in a country when your actually not.

i have no idea if it works against the AI.

The trick is right, and it works exactly in this way against the AI, unless the AI has no FoW on the value of Diplomats (Options window). ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”