Marquee
Sergeant

Rail and map issues

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:25 pm

First, I would ask if there is going to be a redo of at least some portions of the map in the future? I wasn't sure from the latest patch notes if map art was adjusted to match the actual rail net, so I'm just asking what we should expect to see at this point.

Secondly, I checked the rail connections using ctl-R toggle and I see that the railroad between Torino and San Remo is still missing on the map, although the toggle shows there to be a connection. Oversight in fix or needs to be fixed?

Finally, I would ask why there is no "low capacity" rail line between Mlawa and Tannenburg? It has been my understanding based on previous games I've played ("The Cossacks are Coming") and my general research and understanding that at this time that a single track RR existed there connecting the German and Russian rails. Also, the board game version of LGG appears to have such a rail connection. (See attached picture).

Just interested in why this rail line was apparently omitted from the PC version of LGG.
Attachments
LGG Map.jpg

calvinus

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Marquee wrote:First, I would ask if there is going to be a redo of at least some portions of the map in the future? I wasn't sure from the latest patch notes if map art was adjusted to match the actual rail net, so I'm just asking what we should expect to see at this point.

Only terrain corrections are scheduled.

Marquee wrote:Secondly, I checked the rail connections using ctl-R toggle and I see that the railroad between Torino and San Remo is still missing on the map, although the toggle shows there to be a connection. Oversight in fix or needs to be fixed?

You mean an old savegame. Savegames cannot be corrected. New games with 1.05L are fixed.

Marquee wrote:Finally, I would ask why there is no "low capacity" rail line between Mlawa and Tannenburg? It has been my understanding based on previous games I've played ("The Cossacks are Coming") and my general research and understanding that at this time that a single track RR existed there connecting the German and Russian rails. Also, the board game version of LGG appears to have such a rail connection. (See attached picture).

Just interested in why this rail line was apparently omitted from the PC version of LGG.

You can check this clicking on the concerned areas. You will see the rail capacity of each single railtrack.

Marquee
Sergeant

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:02 pm

calvinus wrote:Only terrain corrections are scheduled.

So corrections to missing rail lines on the map are not going to be made?

You mean an old savegame. Savegames cannot be corrected. New games with 1.05L are fixed.

Where do you get savegames out of what I wrote? I'm saying that the ctl-R toggle SHOWS a railroad between Torino and San Remo; the MAP doesn't show this. I have reported this error several times previously. It is a descrepancy between the map art and the game.

You can check this clicking on the concerned areas. You will see the rail capacity of each single railtrack.

You misunderstand. I realize there is NO railroad between Mlawa and Tannenburg. I'm suggesting that there should, in fact, be one.

It seems you misread what I posted, although I don't have that much confidence in my own eloquence. Please read what I wrote above again, carefully. I'm trying to help iron out issues in the game, both large and small... :hat:

calvinus

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Marquee wrote:So corrections to missing rail lines on the map are not going to be made?

I already corrected the railroads with 1.05L.

Marquee wrote:Where do you get savegames out of what I wrote? I'm saying that the ctl-R toggle SHOWS a railroad between Torino and San Remo; the MAP doesn't show this. I have reported this error several times previously. It is a descrepancy between the map art and the game.

Ahh ok, I misunderstood. I surely missed the Torino-San Remo fix, sorry. :love:

Marquee wrote:You misunderstand. I realize there is NO railroad between Mlawa and Tannenburg. I'm suggesting that there should, in fact, be one.

It seems you misread what I posted, although I don't have that much confidence in my own eloquence. Please read what I wrote above again, carefully. I'm trying to help iron out issues in the game, both large and small... :hat:

Yes misunderstood. Not your fault, it's mine... I'm working with my brain in multitasking mode and I'll become crazy soon! :D

Ok, I will check also the Mlawa-Tannenberg connection! ;)

Thanks & Sorry,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Ok, checked:
- Torino-San Remo rail to be removed indeed. Simple job for the official 1.06. :)
- Mlawa-Tannenberg is not displayed on the map: Bruno's decision... :bonk: I will ask him why... :blink:

Marquee
Sergeant

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:04 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok, checked:
- Torino-San Remo rail to be removed indeed. Simple job for the official 1.06. :)
- Mlawa-Tannenberg is not displayed on the map: Bruno's decision... :bonk: I will ask him why... :blink:

Yes, I would like to know since the game does show many other minor rail lines. Perhaps there is an actual historical insight into the decision which I'm unaware of. Would be interesting to know.

calvinus

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 pm

I hope Bruno will come (back?) soon here. I cannot say more about his decisions on the map... :wacko:

PhilThib

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:31 pm

May be the artist just forgot it...I'll see with him too ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”