EPIA
Conscript

Great offensive

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Germany plans a great offensive in sêptember 1915 with the 8th army. In september, a message is displayed saying that the 8th army is going to made a great offensive. But during the combat phase, not great offensive at all! no attack from the 8th army?!

calvinus

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:11 pm

EPIA wrote:Germany plans a great offensive in sêptember 1915 with the 8th army. In september, a message is displayed saying that the 8th army is going to made a great offensive. But during the combat phase, not great offensive at all! no attack from the 8th army?!

Just three questions:

1) Are you Germany?
2) If you are Germany, have you planned the Movement(s) for the VIII Army?
3) If you are not Germany, it means the AI has planned a Great Offensive, but she will start the operations later (weird, but possible).

EPIA
Conscript

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:52 pm

calvinus wrote:Just three questions:

1) Are you Germany?
2) If you are Germany, have you planned the Movement(s) for the VIII Army?
3) If you are not Germany, it means the AI has planned a Great Offensive, but she will start the operations later (weird, but possible).

Calvinus, you're right I forgot to plan the move! As I planned it in the great offensive window, I thought that it isn't necessary to do on the map....

Germany planned a breaktrough, at the start on this offensive. But during this offensive, Germany is victorious, and no breaktrough occurs!

calvinus

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Possible causes for a failed breakthrough:
1) You had no units in reserve (I mean units belonging to the armies used for the offensive);
2) Breakthrough failed for itself (in Trench warfare, breakthroughs are not a sure fact, they have to be tested, depending on the 'pursuit' value of the general).

Return to “Help improve WW1!”