Syt
Colonel

Event Card requests

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:18 pm

I started a new game with the 1.05e patch yesterday.

I have two interface suggestions for the event cards: when you are to pick cards from the pile, the event text is shown in the middle. Which is good. :)

What's not so good is that the text scales to fit that window. Which is ok for event cards with short texts, but long ones (Surprise being one of them) scale down so badly that I can barely read them on my 1280x1024 screen. :(

Would it be possible to leave the text size the same for all cards, and make the window "scrollable" for longer texts? :)

Also, would it be possible to include the events' conditions in the event texts? It's kinda frustrating to be told regularly that I can't play an event "because the conditions aren't met", but not knowing what those are. :wacko:

Thanks for considering these and the hard work you put into improving the game! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The brutality and inhumanity of war stood in great contrast to what I had heard and read about as a youth.
- Reinhold Spengler, war volunteer 1st Bavarian Infanterie Regmnt., 1916

calvinus

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Seems a good suggestion. I'm taking note of everything. Just need time, of course. Even though the time scheduled for 1.06 is long (not less than one month of development), the task list is already very huge... :bonk:

Syt
Colonel

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks! I know there are more pressing issues than this, so "taking note" is much appreciated. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The brutality and inhumanity of war stood in great contrast to what I had heard and read about as a youth.

- Reinhold Spengler, war volunteer 1st Bavarian Infanterie Regmnt., 1916

Nial
Colonel

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Couple things about events. 105e

1) The AI still plays events that are bad for the side it is playing.

2) I still get events that are for the other side. This robs me of choice. Since if I get several event choices that are worthless to me? They are taking up slots that could be filled with usefull events. This is even more frustrating later in the game when you only have a choice of one or two events and they are both useless.

3) The explanation text on some event cards is soooo small I cant even read it with my reading glasses on. This really needs to be fixed somehow. Seconding this from above.

4) Seconding Syt's need for explanation of why I can't play the event or the conditions that I can play it under. :)

all for now ;)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help improve WW1!”