PhilThib

Patch 1.05d on Beta trial

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24 am

Here is the latest version 1.05d with Calvinus Xmas fixes.... it will stay here 2-3 days before coming official, barring unexpected xtra bug ;)

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1/Patches/WW1_Patch_v1.0.5d.exe

Thanks for reporting any trouble :thumbsup:

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 am

Herewith the patch news:

[Version 1.0.5a]
[Version 1.0.5b]
[Version 1.0.5c]
[Version 1.0.5d]

New features:
- The original boardgame rule for trenches level has been introduced: trenches level on the Eastern Front is now 1 point less than the Western Front
- Trenches level is now displayed also in land battles & sieges windows
- Nations flags are now displayed also on stacks when the NATO display mode is selected (square-like counters)
- Events can now be discarded
- The limitation of "one combat doctrine research per year per player" is now in force (nations may still plan the research of different doctrines, but only the first one can be tested, a second one is admitted with a big penalty, but all following tests are automatic failures)
- Implemented the -2 modifier to trenches level in minor fronts (Balkan, Armenian, Orient, rest-of-the-World)
- Reinforcing units cannot be anymore placed over unsupplied (or isolated/encircled) stacks
- Reinforcing units can now be placed only in HQ/GHQs (supplied) or major cities (not towns)
- Added the surrender tests for conquered minor countries
(*) Added the France + Russia surrender requirements for game end in all major scenarios (campaigns)
(*) Turkish leader "Enver Pasha" cannot be anymore sacked, unless by event

Improvements:
- The events pool on the bottom of the screen is now composed by 16 cards
- The ugly background picture behind the current game phase name has been removed
- Added double check of nations neutrality inside diplomatic choices of AI for the planning of diplomatic moves and missions
- Removed the redundant checks concerning previous battle fought limitations on movements for the starting-move areas
(*) The "Supplementary Munitions" events have been corrected: they can now be both aloways played
(*) The icon of "Squalls" event is now like all other military events
- Improved AI for surrender opportunity evaluation
- The 1/3 - 2/3 RP spending checks for Germany on Western & Eastern Front have been disabled
- The max duration for events choice procedure is now set to 10 minutes
- Some battle texts have been better centered
- Most tutorial texts have been integrated, improved and corrected
- Tutorial #2 has been widely corrected and refactored
- Air squadrons can now be sent to HQ reserves (and back to first line, as a consequence)
- Unsupplied stacks cannot be redeployed anymore
- Unsupplied stacks cannot benefit of friendly HQs during battle
- Movement sounds are now played also when executing allied or enemy moves
- 2nd Fleet intervention checks during naval battles can now be performed on fleets whose range is max 2 open seas from the combat location
- Supply checks are now performed also at the beginning of Reinforcements and Military phases
- Added an Interphase at the end of all minor scenarios, so that players have the opportunity of examining the map when the scenario is finished
- Stacks outside of Europe are now always in supply
- Sea transport capacity has been set to 2 (two) for all minor countries
(*) Now only major nations can do technological researchs and investments (both AI or human controlled)
- Savegame procedure now stores also the random seed
- Battle AI boosted
- In trench warfare support value of artillery units is now displayed always in full mode (as if in defense attitude)
- Military AI has been improved in order to avoid massive redeployment of multi-army forces inside the same area
- Military AI has been improved in order to ignore any redeployment possibilities that would make the Front ungarrisoned
- "Strictly turn-based mode" is now forced when playing in Multiplayer
- Removed the game slow downs during your turn when the Strictly turn-based mode is on
- Every time you change the map display mode, current selections (unit/area/nation) are now resetted, so that all color filters can be properly refreshed
- African units cannot be placed/detached anymore outside of Africa
- Unsupplied corps have now always a zero fire value
- Added supply bonus for stacks landed on beach-heads

(*) Scenario changes:
- 1914, 1916, 1918 and Palestine scenarios: removed the "decorative" tag from the Red Sea and Persian Gulf sea zones
- 1914, 1916, 1918 and Palestine scenarios: climate of Red Sea and Persian Gulf sea zones is now Desertic
- 1914, 1916 and 1918 scenarios: climate of North Sea is now temperate
- All scenarios: German commercial raiders are now set at "Light Cruisers"
- Corrected region name on the map "Lazio"
- 1914 and Tannenberg scenarios: the "ghost" fortress of Olita is now located in Suwalki
- 1916 scenario: the African theatre of war has been corrected
- 1916 and 1918 scenarios: Turkish fleet is now led by the German admiral Souchon
- 1916 scenario: Portugal is not at war yet, despite its diplomatic level is very close to the entry at war on the side of the Allies
- 1914, 1916 and 1918 scenarios: corrected rules for losses ignore in Caucasus-Armenian front for Russians and Turks
- All scenarios: images of event "Death of Franz Joseph" and "Hungarian crisis" have been corrected
- Description of Tannenberg scenario has been corrected (English text)
- Caporetto scenario: corrected Sachsenberg and Spittal areas
- All scenarios: corrected support values of all artillery units for trench warfare
- 1914 scenario: added rule for grating the Right of Passage through Luxemuberg to Germany and France if the "Moltke" war-plan is chosen by Germany
- All scenarios: added removal of special BEF 8(3)-9-4 corps upon reinforcement of II British army
- All scenarios: double-checked and fixed all events scripts (max number of occurrence value)

Fixed bugs:
(*) Fixed bug in the tooltips of air units
- Fixed bug in trench battles AI concerning the choice of land tactics
- Fixed display bug concerning the Free Press
(*) The historical event "Death of Franz Joseph" can now occur only once
- Checks for sending units to HQ reserves now are not made anymore for artilleries and support units
(*) Corrected labels in "Mutinies" events
- Fixed bug in social / stability tests triggered by events play
(*) Fixed bug in execution of "Historical War-Plan" event
- Fixed crash in savegames caused by "Grant Right of Passage" event play
- Fixed nasty bug in RP spending checks
- Fixed display bug in sieges window that caused the same nation shown both as besieger and besieged
- Fixed bugs in the 4-players campaigns that caused battles between allies and loss of control of areas due to allied moves
- Fixed crash in end-of-turn procedures for 4-players campaign
- Fixed residual turn lock caused by mandatory attacks
- HQ Box (Reinforcements panel): HQs still not in play are no more displayed
- Several bugs fixed for the "Strictly Turn-based" mode and the "Army-by-Army activation" rule
- Fixed crash caused by a "overflow" of diplomats to be displayed inside the area info frame
- Added further corrections in the update of aircrafts display silhouette for French forces
- Reinforcing stacks placed manually on the map now enter the game in status supplied
- Fixed bug in store procedure of events popup timer duration
- Fixed bug in deactivation of the "one-army-per-area" checks in movements & breakthroughs
- Sprites of naval missions have been corrected
- Fixed bug in supply checks
- Fixed crash in Military AI when the "Strictly turn-based mode" is on, but not the "Army-by-army activation" rule
- Fixed display error in Reinforcements box concerning the HQs built via Recruitments window
- Fixed bug in random determination of background music to play (only 75% of musics was always played)
- Fixed bug in capitulation and surrendering of nations
- Fixed residual crash in diplomatic missions execution
- The reconnaissance value of air squadrons is now properly displayed
(*) Fixed events "Goeben battlecruiser seeks refuge in Constantinople" and "Goeben battlecruiser seeks refuge in Pola"
for what concerns the appointment of admiral Souchon in command of Turkish/Austrian fleet
(*) Event "Entente declares war on Belgium" has been corrected and it's much more difficult to enter in play
- Fixed erratic crash in land battle's dedender's counter-attack checks
- Fixed glitch in supply checks that made them too strict
- Fixed bug in Multiplayer engine: loss of synchronization in execution of orders
- Fixed bug in savegame procedure that caused an AI lock when saving the game during enemy turn if the Strictly turn-based
mode and the Army-by-Army activation rule is on
- Fixed bug in land battle commitment of units directly from reserves (a duplicate was created in the rear)
- Fixed bug in mutiny checks for armies that caused a too heavy set of losses
- No more diplomatic missions on nations at war
- Fixed bug in supply check that made stacks locked in the unsupplied status once got
(*) Fixed script error in "Ultimatum Accepted" Austrian war-plan option that wrongly granted 48 RPs to Serbia
- Fixed the political AI lock due to minor nations that have no .ini file inside the Data\AI\Modding folder
- Fixed the loss of synchronization on random seed when performing the next turn/activation/battle in Multiplayer mode
- Fixed crash caused by the destroy of a HQ due to isolation
- Fixed bug in sea landing procedure on enemy shores
- Fixed bug that prevented air battles if air squadrons were put in HQ reserves
- Fixed AI lock in Air duels
- Fixed crash caused by memory leak related to air missions linked to stacks destroyed because of too prolonged isolation
- Fixed a bug in technology save and load procedures that made all tech. usages as like the first time
- Fixed a residual bug that cause a AI lock when ending the military operations if the "Strictly turn-based" mode and the "Army-by-army activation" rule are on
- Fixed the repetitive events bug: once played, all events that can occurr more than once, are now reshuffled in the event cards deck
- Fixed a bug in capitulation of nations that made the surrendered nation again at war upon reload of saved game due to a missed update of the scenario header
- The size of messages repository has been increased in order to display all message notifications (i.e.: capitulation events were sometimes never reported because of this problem)
- Reinforcing naval units can now be placed also on harbour land areas
- Fixed display error in Recruitments window: units scheduled for build were marked as still buildable in most folders
- Fixed a bug in diplomatic moves/missions planning window
- Land battles: critical retreat is not considered anymore as a mandatory retreat, so it does not cause anymore the defeat
- Land battles: fixed bug in morale checks that caused sometimes a panic result for units suffering a 2-losses combat result, even if at full strenght
- Land battles: fixed bug in morale checks that caused shaken units being sometimes not reduced
(*) Fixed bug that prevented the construction of Heavy Tanks because all tank units were parsed as "light" tanks
- Construction of tanks & stosstruppen: now only 1 tank/stosstruppen unit per turn

(*) : old savegame are not affected, sorry.

Elements highlighted in bold concern the 1.0.5d.

Have fun,
Calvinus.

Carnium

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 am

calvinus wrote:Unsupplied corps have now always a zero fire value

Thanks for your hard work Calvinus and welcome back.
How exactly does this work, does it mean that an unsupplied corps is now a "sitting duck" and will ether get destroyed by an enemy attack or wait until its supplied again ?

PhilThib

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:53 am

No, the fire value is the "die-roll" modifier the unit has (representing its artillery and machine guns equipment), not its defense value. On the unit 'counter' in the interface, it is the value printed in the red circle located at the top left side :)

Forezjohn
Corporal

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:53 am

Is it possible to install it on the demo?

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 am

Forezjohn wrote:Is it possible to install it on the demo?

If you install it over the Demo version, the trial period is immediately closed, and you are required to buy the game.

Philippe prefer no demo patch is published. Instead, a new demo full installer will be available soon (2-3 days), but the trial period will not be resetted... :wacko: (it means, for example, that if you will install the new Demo version over the previous one, having ...let's say... the last 3 days of trial, you will have yet 3 days missing to the end, not 15 :D ).

Carnium

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:09 pm

PhilThib wrote:No, the fire value is the "die-roll" modifier the unit has (representing its artillery and machine guns equipment), not its defense value. On the unit 'counter' in the interface, it is the value printed in the red circle located at the top left side :)

Thanks for the explanation PhilThib ;)

PhilThib

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Forezjohn wrote:Is it possible to install it on the demo?

Well, if you really insist ;)

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1/Patches/WW1_DemoPatch_v1.0.5d.exe

Forezjohn
Corporal

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks, be assured I will report bugs on this version too :D

DJACK
Private

Texts probs with French version

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:10 pm

With french version : some probs with texts which appears every where on screen.
==> In the choice of scenarios
==> In the games events (with symbol % everywhere)

Seem that diplomatical module doesn't work well but just an impression because i stopped my test at this moment.

I reinstalled the game in english version which seem working better (no more prob with text). I need to test it further.

PhilThib

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:21 pm

It seems the French text file is alterred...happened already last time. Will ask Calvinus to check once more :wacko:

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:20 pm

DJACK wrote:With french version : some probs with texts which appears every where on screen.
==> In the choice of scenarios
==> In the games events (with symbol % everywhere)

Seem that diplomatical module doesn't work well but just an impression because i stopped my test at this moment.

I reinstalled the game in english version which seem working better (no more prob with text). I need to test it further.

Ok, I want the head of the developers of MS Excel... grrr!

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:23 pm

DJACK wrote:Seem that diplomatical module doesn't work well but just an impression because i stopped my test at this moment.

Consider that I fixed a bug reported by an Italian player. Now moving more than two diplomats in one nation is not more allowed... so you are feeling an error, where it's instead a correction... ;)

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:54 pm

French texts error (same reason like last time, bug in MS Excel) is now fixed. I'm uploading the patch update, but the transfer rate is awfully slow... maybe the snow in Norther Italy is the cause??? :wacko: :mdr:

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 pm

calvinus wrote:Consider that I fixed a bug reported by an Italian player. Now moving more than two diplomats in one nation is not more allowed... so you are feeling an error, where it's instead a correction... ;)

The tooltip will say "The target nation maybe already contains the maximum allowed number of Ambassadors per side."

Is such count are taken into account not only the diplomats actually present in the target nation (as before), but now also the diplomats going there... :cool:

Nial
Colonel

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:41 pm

SWEET!!! Great work, can't wait to have another go at it.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vonRocko
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks Calvinus, I will give this another try! :thumbsup:

dougbush93
Captain

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Great work! Keep it up! Those combat fixes should get things really back on track.

Doug

calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Perhaps Philippe forget to make a post...

He updated the patches (so demo patch included) with the French texts corrections. So French players can now download again the patch. :thumbsup:

DJACK
Private

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 pm

I m advancing slowly in my tests, just noticed a strange event used by France on england. France active Colonial uprising event on Great britain, this cause a rebellion in nigeria held by great britain.

I lost sound battle during a battle which occur near october 1914. In fact i keep sounds when i click but sound battles have dissapear. I had same prob in previous patchs.

Ok i m carrying on on french version, thanks !

calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 pm

DJACK wrote:I lost sound battle during a battle which occur near october 1914. In fact i keep sounds when i click but sound battles have dissapear. I had same prob in previous patchs.

I noticed it too a couple of times. It seems caused by the sound lib. I believe it's caused by a problem in the IrrKlang DLLs... indeed we are waiting for the static libraries to be included in the project, without any need to use external DLLs... this should improve the game performance too! But the seller is taking his time! :(

What I suggest you is to save the game and quit, so launching again WW1... :wacko:

calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:25 pm

DJACK wrote:I m advancing slowly in my tests, just noticed a strange event used by France on england. France active Colonial uprising event on Great britain, this cause a rebellion in nigeria held by great britain.

I noticed instead that, once triggered, this rebellion/uprising events occur every single turn after! :(
I'm fixing this error immediately... so the official patch 1.05e will have this bug too fixed. ;)

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Looked through the list, but Im not sure. Can anyone confirm if air missions are fixed in 105d?

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Nial wrote:Looked through the list, but Im not sure. Can anyone confirm if air missions are fixed in 105d?

What's the problem exactly? Reconnaissance missions are performed on all enemy stacks bordering the acting stack. This is the minimum range for success. All larger ranges (up to the max) have much less chances...

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:35 pm

calvinus wrote:What's the problem exactly? Reconnaissance missions are performed on all enemy stacks bordering the acting stack. This is the minimum range for success. All larger ranges (up to the max) have much less chances...

The lock up whenever air combat takes place. I have not been performing air missions since it started happening. Was wondering if the problem has been fixed or not? I wrote a brief description of the problem in my "air engagement bug" thread. And was told it was a known bug and going to be fixed.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Nial wrote:The lock up whenever air combat takes place. I have not been performing air missions since it started happening. Was wondering if the problem has been fixed or not? I wrote a brief description of the problem in my "air engagement bug" thread. And was told it was a known bug and going to be fixed.

Nial

Here's the list of fixes in the latest release notes above:

- Fixed crash caused by memory leak related to air missions linked to stacks destroyed because of too prolonged isolation

calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Nial wrote:The lock up whenever air combat takes place. I have not been performing air missions since it started happening. Was wondering if the problem has been fixed or not? I wrote a brief description of the problem in my "air engagement bug" thread. And was told it was a known bug and going to be fixed.

Nial

Yes, it's fixed.

Also, I'm now working on an improvement for Reconnaissance missions, in order to give them more chances in the 2+ distant areas... ;)

DJACK
Private

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Playing with the 4 players campaigns as austria:
French IA use every turn colonial uprising on great britain and germany IA use economic growth every turn.

Rail movment capacity has no restriction for all country, but this option isn't chosen by default (restriction in use by default).

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:58 pm

calvinus wrote:Yes, it's fixed.

Also, I'm now working on an improvement for Reconnaissance missions, in order to give them more chances in the 2+ distant areas... ;)

Nice! Thanks Cal. :)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:Here's the list of fixes in the latest release notes above:

Dooh.......don't know how I missed those. :bonk:

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help improve WW1!”