Nial
Colonel

Reinforcement issues

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:44 am

Couple of issues playing as France/ British

Even if Belgium remains neutral the British Marines are still removed from the BEF and assigned to the Belgium 1st army. At which point it is impossible to move them out of the Belgium stack due to that countries neutrality. Is this WAD?

I've had as many as 4 units as reinforcements that say "To be placed" But they do not appear in my reinforcement placement window. It does not seem that they are placed for me either.
Note: I have only noticed this with the Entente. Not with the CP

On the 13th British detachment in Kuwait I think. ( top right of the map just under India, at the top of the Ottoman Empire) They always go out of supply/ become isolated in the second turn and are eliminated. I have tried to move them by all three ways. Fleet, RR, and ground, but they are unmoveable. Are they just destined to be eliminated no matter what I do?

Thats all for now. :)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 am

We'll check all these during the coming days...thanks for spotting :thumbsup:

Rich Munn
Civilian

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:57 pm

Nial wrote:Couple of issues playing as France/ British

Even if Belgium remains neutral the British Marines are still removed from the BEF and assigned to the Belgium 1st army. At which point it is impossible to move them out of the Belgium stack due to that countries neutrality. Is this WAD?

I've had as many as 4 units as reinforcements that say "To be placed" But they do not appear in my reinforcement placement window. It does not seem that they are placed for me either.
Note: I have only noticed this with the Entente. Not with the CP

On the 13th British detachment in Kuwait I think. ( top right of the map just under India, at the top of the Ottoman Empire) They always go out of supply/ become isolated in the second turn and are eliminated. I have tried to move them by all three ways. Fleet, RR, and ground, but they are unmoveable. Are they just destined to be eliminated no matter what I do?

Nial

I just had exactly the same reinforcement issue; 2 Serbian and 1 British unit, all the HQ's appearing perfectly, but the reinforcements box (though displayed when the appropriate button was pressed) completely empty.

That meant that I was not allowed to end the turn, as I could not place the reinforcements.
This has happened twice. I have saved the game now - maybe on restart it will resolve?

I have to say that it is my first tentative step into a campaign, and it might just be me!

The scope of the game is intimidating, but very interesting.

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 am

Rich Munn wrote:I just had exactly the same reinforcement issue; 2 Serbian and 1 British unit, all the HQ's appearing perfectly, but the reinforcements box (though displayed when the appropriate button was pressed) completely empty.

That meant that I was not allowed to end the turn, as I could not place the reinforcements.
This has happened twice. I have saved the game now - maybe on restart it will resolve?

I have to say that it is my first tentative step into a campaign, and it might just be me!

If the units missing are "to be placed" units/ corps? Then that should not hinder you progressing to the next turn. At least it didn't in my game. I just never got the units I should. If on the other hand they are units that are to be placed by the comp. in an existing or created army? That is another isssue that I have not experienced yet. In my game the the comp just went merrily on it's way and I never got the promised units. :cool:

I have become obsessed at this point with going thru my message log to make sure all promised units are being placed where they belong. It is handy when you get many pop-ups. Hard to remember all those unit designations and region names.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 am

Rich Munn wrote:I just had exactly the same reinforcement issue; 2 Serbian and 1 British unit, all the HQ's appearing perfectly, but the reinforcements box (though displayed when the appropriate button was pressed) completely empty.

It's strange you cannot end the turn because of reinf. placement... :confused: This WAD (hide of end-turn button because of unplaced reinfs) has been removed a lot of time ago... which version are you playing? Or maybe you see the end-turn button, but it's grayed out for some reason? Have you checked the tooltip?

Anyway, the (zipped) savegame is welcome... ;)

calvinus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:38 am

Nial wrote:Couple of issues playing as France/ British

Nial

Well, these are two known problems, that we should fix asap indeed... ;)

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Cool, thanks Cal :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 pm

The issue of Kuwait is very troublesome... it's a kind of scenario setup error, but indeed a garrison must be there... suggestions? :blink:

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 pm

calvinus wrote:The issue of Kuwait is very troublesome... it's a kind of scenario setup error, but indeed a garrison must be there... suggestions? :blink:

You could just make it movable in redeployment or by sea. You could limit it's movement to the Middle east if that is possible. It would seem to me that it should be able to join the other british units in the British Middle east colonies.

To make it a bit more difficult you could require a right of passage agreement with Turkey, or just give the British a 2 turn right of passage at the begining of the game. But I would think what with the resources of the British navy? It wouldn't be hard for them historicaly, to move that unit by sea to somewhere?

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Nial wrote:Even if Belgium remains neutral the British Marines are still removed from the BEF and assigned to the Belgium 1st army. At which point it is impossible to move them out of the Belgium stack due to that countries neutrality. Is this WAD?

I tried to reproduce this problem: Kronprinz plan... UK did not enter the war, Belgium neutral, the event did not happen... later UK entered the war, and the event is not triggered, the Marines went properly to the BEF... Everything worked properly... I'm a bit confused! :bonk: :blink: :confused:

calvinus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Nial wrote:On the 13th British detachment in Kuwait I think. ( top right of the map just under India, at the top of the Ottoman Empire) They always go out of supply/ become isolated in the second turn and are eliminated. I have tried to move them by all three ways. Fleet, RR, and ground, but they are unmoveable. Are they just destined to be eliminated no matter what I do?

Very strange... I'm trying with no problem. I moved the stack to Basrah. No out of supply. :blink:

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Im confused too. Both events happened to me multiple times. Could it be because I'm playing the 4 player campaign?

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Ok, I managed to reproduce the problem in Kuwait... it seems that stack cannot trace a supply route via the harbor(s)... :blink:

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:10 pm

I can prolly dig up a save with the British marines allready in the Belgium 1st army stack while Belgium is neutral. Not sure If that would help other than to prove that it happened. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rich Munn
Civilian

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:44 pm

calvinus wrote:It's strange you cannot end the turn because of reinf. placement... :confused: This WAD (hide of end-turn button because of unplaced reinfs) has been removed a lot of time ago... which version are you playing? Or maybe you see the end-turn button, but it's grayed out for some reason? Have you checked the tooltip?

Anyway, the (zipped) savegame is welcome... ;)

Sorry.

As I suspected, it was just me thinking I couldn't continue then end the turn.

However, I could not place, or find, the reinforcements.

Latest version.

calvinus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:34 am

Rich Munn wrote:However, I could not place, or find, the reinforcements.

Savegame welcome... ;)

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:27 am

calvinus wrote:I tried to reproduce this problem: Kronprinz plan... UK did not enter the war, Belgium neutral, the event did not happen... later UK entered the war, and the event is not triggered, the Marines went properly to the BEF... Everything worked properly... I'm a bit confused! :bonk: :blink: :confused:

I think I see the problem. The Marines start in the BEF. Then there is an mandatory event where it announces the creation of the French marines and one that moves the BEF marines out of the BEF stack and places them in the Belgian 1st army stack. This event happens even if Belgium is still neutral. Or it has in every game I have started. It is one of those events where you see the newspaper page. You only have the option of saying yes or ok. Not sure if this is relevent or not. But I thought it worth it to describe it better.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:13 am

Nial wrote:I think I see the problem. The Marines start in the BEF. Then there is an mandatory event where it announces the creation of the French marines and one that moves the BEF marines out of the BEF stack and places them in the Belgian 1st army stack. This event happens even if Belgium is still neutral. Or it has in every game I have started. It is one of those events where you see the newspaper page. You only have the option of saying yes or ok. Not sure if this is relevent or not. But I thought it worth it to describe it better.

Nial

The event you mention is the following one:

;
; Event ENG_002B - English Marines Corps deployed in Belgium
;
BeginEvent

Id=9152
Tag=ENG_002B
TitleEvent=[IDS_EV_ENG_002_TITLE]
Description=[IDS_EV_ENG_002_DESC]
HistoricalNotes=[IDS_EV_ENG_002_HISTORY]
Image=8
Icon=3
Sound=SND_SOLDIER_MARCH
Mandatory=Yes
Played=No
Success=No
Undisclosed=No
MultipleAction=No
Difficulty=0
Duration=0
DeadlineTurn=2
DeadlineTurnLast=100
Cloned=No
ExecutionPhase=TP_Military

; Conditions
BeginCondition
Type=EC_CheckBelligerantNation
Parameters=ENG,1,PS_CentralPowers
EndCondition
BeginCondition
Type=EC_CheckBelligerantNation
Parameters=BEL,1,PS_CentralPowers
EndCondition

BeginCondition
Type=EC_PreviousEvent
Parameters=ENG_002A,0
EndCondition

ConditionsFormula=({1} AND {2} AND {3})

; Effects
BeginEffect
Type=EE_RaiseReinforcements
Parameters=RT_Unit,BEL_HQ1,3,ENG_Marine_344,ENG
EndEffect

; Option #1
FirstOptionTitle=[IDS_EV_ENG_002B_OPTION1_TITLE]
FirstOptionEffectsDesc=[IDS_EV_ENG_002B_OPTION1_DESC]
FirstOptionEffects=1

PlayedOptionIndex=-1
DefaultOptionIndex=1

TargetNations=ENG
OccurrencesMax=1
Occurrences=0

EndEvent

I carefully debugged it in runtime, and the condition highlighted in bold works (Belgium neutrality check), so I'm really confused... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 pm

*shakes head* Im confused as well. I will try starting another game to recreate the conditions. As well as send you a saved game when I get home tonight. Thanks for all the help Cal!! :)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nial
Colonel

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Here are two saves. One prior to the Marines being removed from the BEF. The other after removal. Hope I did it right. First time. :)

Nial
Attachments
October 1914frtest2a.zip
(405.65 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
1914frtest1.zip
(405.64 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Ok, I will check later.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:57 am

Ok, found! It's a scenario error..... not an error in event script.
A reinforcement for Belgians, I'm going to remove it immediately, but only new games will be fixed (not old savegames).

Nial
Colonel

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok, found! It's a scenario error..... not an error in event script.
A reinforcement for Belgians, I'm going to remove it immediately, but only new games will be fixed (not old savegames).

Thanks Cal :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help improve WW1!”