TheDeadeye
Colonel

Events problem

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:40 pm

I have noticed that during the events phase all the accumulated events by the player or the AI are constantly being replaced as soon as they expended it. In other words you never run out of the events that you have initially picked. I don't know if this is WAD but it seems rather odd.

Also the random events seem a bit strangely sorted right now. In one of my games in early 1917 in every event turn I had the Franz Joseph of Austria-Hungary died event.....he should only be able to die once...not every new phase... :blink:

WhoCares
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 pm

I think along with this comes a problem that I currently have, where Franz-Josef keeps dying every turn and made the austrian NW melt away :(

calvinus

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:32 pm

To fix this, set the OccurrencesMax=1 inside the EV_AUS.inc file for this event. Also inside the savegame, of course.

I will fix it inside the new patch.

Apec
Civilian

events problem

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Playing with version 1.05a, I noticed the same feature (bug?) pointed out by TheDeadeye "during the events phase all the accumulated events by the player or the AI are constantly being replaced as soon as they expended it. In other words you never run out of the events that you have initially picked."

I observed this feature with the Initiative, Propaganda and Technology events (but suspect there are some more).
I believe that it is a bit too much in term of game balance to have e.g. the Propaganda event in play every turn.

BTW the Franz-Josef event looks OK now as it appeared only once in my game.

regards

Apec

calvinus

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Absolutely not a bug. :blink:

It's a feature that comes from the original boardgame rules, and it regards a lot of events... :D

A lot of events, once played, entail the "cloning" of other ones...

vonRocko
Colonel

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 pm

calvinus wrote:

Please Calvinus, Could you explain this a bit more?

Thanks

Apec
Civilian

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 pm

calvinus wrote:Absolutely not a bug. :blink:

It's a feature that comes from the original boardgame rules, and it regards a lot of events... :D

Thank you very much for clarifying this point - I will select my initial events very carefully then as they are intended to produce long term effects and not just on a single specific turn.

P.S. I do not have the original LGG boardgame, however I do like this game, very challenging and balanced gameplay, you can win all the battles and find yourself loosing the war ;)

calvinus

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Example:

event "Mata Hari" (SEC_004), once played, has some effects... plus:

BeginEffect
Type=EE_CloneEvent
Parameters=SEC_047
EndEffect

so it "clones" the event "Diplomacy" (SEC_047).

Once cloned, the new "Diplomacy" event so dublicated (SEC_047_1, SEC_047_2, SEC_047_3 and so on...) is reshuffled inside the event cards deck, replacing the just played "Mata Hari".

WhoCares
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Ah, that's why I am drowning in Propaganda events - wanted to report that one as a bug as well since a few days :thumbsup:

calvinus

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 pm

The purpose of this feature is to maintain the deck size, of course.
If we remove this feature, the event cards deck will become empty in a couple of years of gameplay... :love:

WhoCares
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Did I understand you correct that you just called for us to make up a few dozen new events ?! :D

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:35 am

I might be over reacting here, but it seems that this mutiny business is way over done. In my current game, it is July 1915. The A/Hs' just got hit for the second time. The first time was bad enough with a loss of over 10 hits. This time, it was well over twenty-it covered the whole army. One army disappeared except for the HQ. The funny thing is that they are winning!

Whats up with this? It seems that there should be some additional prerequisites before this event can be played. Or, at least, it should be limited to once per game-per power.

I have resumed the game several times, and had patched it at least once. Perhaps this had something to do with this curse reoccurring-

PhilThib

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:41 am

Mutinies may only occur when NW is quite low... how 'low' is that of A-H, as you mention they are winning ?
There is indeed a snowball effect in mutinies, but it is may be too strong...Could you provide a save game of what happened? :confused:

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:49 am

At the start of the June turn, A/H stood at 26 NW. At the start of July, it is standing at 31 NW. The Losses were minor in June, and 3 "major battles" were won by the CP-and Paris was even captured (I think).

BTW, France has a NW of 7 and suffered the worst losses I have seen so far in this game-but hey had no mutinies. Good food, I guess :)

Edit: Yes I can provide a saves game, but it would be at the start of the June turn.

PhilThib

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 am

Please do so, because mutinies could NOT happen above level 14 in NW :bonk:

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 am

Here is the Start of the June turn. The mutinies started at the event stage of the July turn.
Attachments
June 1915.rar
(376.71 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

calvinus

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 am

Ok, I will check your savegame asap. Are you sure no Mutiny event has been played? :neener:

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks for checking it. About an event being played; I think ;) I do recall an event being played by the AI for a mutiny-but not sure. Even if the card was available, there should be some constraints in its use.

Even if all is as it should be with the treasonous cowards, could you do me a favor and make it go away-just this one time? :)

calvinus

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 am

06 Maestro wrote:Thanks for checking it. About an event being played; I think ;) I do recall an event being played by the AI for a mutiny-but not sure. Even if the card was available, there should be some constraints in its use.

Even if all is as it should be with the treasonous cowards, could you do me a favor and make it go away-just this one time? :)

Herewith the actual conditions of Mutiny events (coming directly from the boardgame):

; Conditions
BeginCondition
Type=EC_DateCheck
Parameters=1,1915,Start
EndCondition

ConditionsFormula={1}

That means... not before 1915.

I guess the bastard AI played the event against you! :mdr:

Sean E
Captain

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Yes i am to finding that the AI will play an event. Usually a TECH event. Then next turn play the same event.

I am guessing it plays the card the redraws it next event phase to play again.

And i had a similar thing with Russia. They seem to be 'winning' and have pushed a long way into Prussia and Austrian territory but are having huge NW problems.

There seem to me to be some odd things happening with NW effects. For example in this game France took a loss of NW for the British taking Metz.

Also every nation (both CP and entente) took a –2 NW loss for the CP loss of Klausenberg.

I suspect there may be something not working properly here?

calvinus

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Sean E wrote:Alos i had a similar thing with Russia. they seem to be 'winning' and have pushed a long way into Prussia and Austrain territory but are having huge NW problems.

This was a bug in Armenian front checks (no NW effects). Fixed, but old savegames not accordingly.

Sean E wrote:There seem to me to be some odd things happening with NW effects. For example in this game France took a loss of NW for the British taking Metz.

Effects span to allies too.

Sean E wrote:Also every nation (both CP and entente) took a –2 NW loss for the CP loss of Klausenberg.

This should be fixed with 1.05A, but maybe it needs some additional double-checking. Savegame is welcome. ;)

Sean E
Captain

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:19 pm

calvinus wrote:
Effects span to allies too.

Yes but shouldn't they get a NW bonus (addition) when an ally takes an objective. Not a loss?

Otherwise its the same effect as Germany taking it.

Sean E
Captain

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I'll dig up that savegame tomorrow. :)

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:49 pm

calvinus wrote:Herewith the actual conditions of Mutiny events (coming directly from the boardgame):
That means... not before 1915.

I guess the bastard AI played the event against you! :mdr:

So, if I understand you correctly, the AI can play this event regardless of the current NW.

I was hoping that there was some other justification for it such as losses were too high. To have such a debilitating event played by the AI at any time, under any circumstances, and apparently, multiple times, is not very realistic IMO.

The results of that second mutiny was actually closer to 30 hits. Each army (8) took between 3 and 6 hits, The A/H Army is gutted. I do not see how it can be rebuilt.

Is this WAD?

calvinus

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 pm

I just fixed a bug in army mutiny check. Now max 6 losses may be inflicted per army (a die roll), as per rules.

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm

calvinus wrote:I just fixed a bug in army mutiny check. Now max 6 losses may be inflicted per army (a die roll), as per rules.

Thanks-that is reasonable. A 10% loss is severe, but survivable, a 40% is not.

Any

06 Maestro
General

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:41 pm

calvinus wrote:I just fixed a bug in army mutiny check. Now max 6 losses may be inflicted per army (a die roll), as per rules.

Thanks-that is reasonable. A 10% loss is severe, but survivable, a 40% is not.

PhilThib

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:03 pm

I addition, if the power has enough RP in stock, this should not eliminate units... :thumbsup:

Return to “Help improve WW1!”